PDA

View Full Version : quik b5 sopmod ?

texasgunhand
04-27-13, 15:01
Iam having a hard time trying to figure out what stock I want. I love the look of the stock stock that comes on the M4. And am thinking of just putting the bcm mill-spec stock on. I think mines a commercial on a mill spec tube.

Kinda loose and floppy..lol. The tube is milspec on a M-400 and it has their stock with their logo on it. Cheap, probably made to order from another company.

Any way I have read that the sopmod B5 is good, but some of them were to tight. Was wondering if they are making them to the correct specs now? Also hows the stock milspec stock from BCM? Tight or not? If you have one let me know would ya?

Also some good news I guess, The local gun store here had about ten M-4s on the wall the other day, even a Colt. This is a small town outside of Austin Tx. so I was shocked. But no ammo, really still. ---> Thanks Guys.

www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=114672

mikejg
04-27-13, 15:19
I have a B5 Bravo on my BCM and there's a little wiggle, but nothing I would be concerned about. Unless a stock has a locking mechanism like the CTR, there will be some slight play.

AKDoug
04-27-13, 15:28
There is no commercial mil spec tube. You either have a milspec or a commercial. On the M-400 you have a milspec tube.

The B5 early stocks were way tight. I doubt any of them exist on the retail shelves anymore. The last two I have purchased have been just right.

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

texasgunhand
04-27-13, 15:54
Mil-spec tube with a Comm stock on it. Loose. I couldnt figure out how long ago it had been since the outa spec. B5s were out. So iam guessing those days are over. I would be ordering either stock from BCM. Ive never said stock so much.lol..

Hwikek
04-27-13, 16:17
I would not worry too much about the stock rattling on your buffer tube. I have a DD rifle that's MOE rattles like a shaken slinky but it still manages to fire round after round :)

I can understand wanting to have a rifle that feels nice in the hand but in the life of you and your rifle don't sweat the small stuff.

texasgunhand
04-27-13, 16:19
I was kinda scared it could slip closed? guess it would be hard for it to do it.

Hwikek
04-27-13, 16:22
Slip closed?

Beachboy
04-27-13, 16:27
Replaced LMT SOPMOD with B5 Bravo, both had been bought from BCM in last 12 months, on Colt 6940. SOPMOD was so tight it took extra effort to slide between detente. B5 is slightly looser, but has very little rattle.

SpeedRacer
04-27-13, 16:29
It won't slip closed. I have SOPMODs on two rifles (one B5 and one LMT) and the fit on both is perfect and snug.

I have a new takeoff BCM M4 stock, if you decide to go that route let me know and I'll save you a few bucks.

Hwikek
04-27-13, 16:37
I guarantee most stocks will collapse if you can get them on the RE. Especially if you pull the rifle in with the stock braced against your body.

cgjane
04-27-13, 17:00
The sopmods ( and vltor imods) never slipped on me.

The most important factor for me on stocks is cheek weld.

dhena81
04-28-13, 01:59
I personally don't care if it is hard to collapse. My stock stays in one position on all my rifles about the length of an A2. I have 2 LMT lowers that came with SOPMODS and they fit really tight on the LMT buffer tubes but they both sport Vltor A5's now they're is a little more play but either way I don't care. You should just figure out what works for you and buy it the two stocks you mentioned OP will feel completely different.

texasgunhand
04-28-13, 16:41
I was talking about my stock thats on here now slipping closed. Iam sure the upgraded stocks wouldnt. "just to clear that up." Like I said my stock, I think is a comm. stock, slid onto a mil-spec tube so its kinda sloppy.

Ive heard though the LMT stocks were tight. but very nice. a little to rich for my blood though...lol

Has anyone used the stock stocks that BCM sells??

JRM1983
04-28-13, 19:29
I have a couple of the B5 bravo stocks and they fit very snug with no rattle at all.

45DAVID1
04-29-13, 12:18
My B5 Bravo fits well. On a side note, I used to have a Command Arms stock saddle and got a much better cheek weld using that thing than I have ever gotten with anything else.

narcedglocker
04-29-13, 17:29
My B5 fits with basically no wiggle

texasgunhand
04-29-13, 22:01
Thanks for the input guys....