PDA

View Full Version : Rail alignment

Rudedude916
04-28-13, 16:48
I have problem with my free float handguard rail. I have an aimpoint that I had mounted all the way forward on the upper receiver. I sighted it in and it co-witness my irons. I recently got a magnifier with a twist mount and to fit it without removing my rear flip up I had to move the red dot forward one more notch so now it sits mostly on the upper receiver but it does sit on the handguard rail about an inch. Now the red dot doesn't line up with the irons, the dot has moved to the right of the front sight post slightly. The handguard is solid(no noticeable movement or flex) so should I just re-zero the dot where it is mounted now or do I have a bigger problem with the free float tube being crooked. Thanks. Tim

AKDoug
04-28-13, 16:53
My gut says to just sight it in. I am curious, though, what kind of handguard is it?

Rudedude916
04-28-13, 16:59
It's a Noveski N4 light recce lowpro upper with the SWS handguard that it came with from Noveski.

AKDoug
04-28-13, 17:15
There's really nothing you can do to align the rail since it pins into the MUR upper and they fit pretty snug on their nut. I'd just sight in and run it.

Intransigent
04-28-13, 17:38
I have noticed that same phenomenon when moving my aimpoint fore and aft on my rail. It is due to the location of the LED emitter in the tube.