PDA

View Full Version : Everything is rigged: biggest financial scam yet

VooDoo6Actual
04-28-13, 19:03
http://m.rollingstone.com/?redirurl=/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425&seenSplash=1

99.3%

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-26/jpmorgan-accounts-993-comex-gold-sales-last-three-months

montanadave
04-28-13, 19:43
Matt Taibbi might not be the most popular journalist among the M4C demographic, but he has been hammering Wall Street and the big banks for the last 5-6 years for their role in both creating then profitting from the most recent financial meltdown.

And the response from Washington? [crickets chirping]

As Taibbi notes, "we gave the players with incentives to game the system institutional roles in the economic infrastructure." But that's only half the story. Look at the people running the Treasury department, the president's chief economic advisers, and the Federal Reserve. It's just one tight little fraternity of Wall Street banking and insurance big shots.

The players with the biggest incentive to game the system not only designed the system, they control the regulatory agencies that are supposed to monitor the system and the public purse-strings to insure every losing bet gets covered by the American taxpayer and nary a penny is pinched from their personal poke.

Cagemonkey
04-28-13, 19:46
Matt Taibbi might not be the most popular journalist among the M4C demographic, but he has been hammering Wall Street and the big banks for the last 5-6 years for their role in both creating then profitting from the most recent financial meltdown.

And the response from Washington? [crickets chirping]

As Taibbi notes, "we gave the players with incentives to game the system institutional roles in the economic infrastructure." But that's only half the story. Look at the people running the Treasury department, the president's chief economic advisers, and the Federal Reserve. It's just one tight little fraternity of Wall Street banking and insurance big shots.

The players with the biggest incentive to game the system not only designed the system, they control the regulatory agencies that are supposed to monitor the system and the public purse-strings to insure every losing bet gets covered by the American taxpayer and nary a penny is pinched from their personal poke.Absolutely correct on all accounts.

duece71
04-28-13, 20:39
Stealing can take on many forms.

WillC
04-28-13, 21:04
Where is the problem?

Watch your reality TV shows, take your medicine, eat your fast food, drink the tapwater and smoke your marijuana.

Any questions?

montanadave
04-28-13, 22:24
Where is the problem?

Watch your reality TV shows, take your medicine, eat your fast food, drink the tapwater and smoke your marijuana.

Any questions?

Wait ... I'm supposed to have marijuana too?

Jer
04-28-13, 23:23

Even though I'm in Colorado I refuse. :D

SteyrAUG
04-28-13, 23:36
I really didn't need Rolling Stone to enlighten me that the power brokers of the world are skewing anything and everything in their favor at the expense of everyone else.

This is also hardly a new development but something of a constant throughout history.

The only people I actually question are those who genuinely believe the politicians, money lenders and other similar institutions exist to help anyone other than themselves.

montanadave
04-29-13, 00:01
I really didn't need Rolling Stone to enlighten me that the power brokers of the world are skewing anything and everything in their favor at the expense of everyone else.

This is also hardly a new development but something of a constant throughout history.

The only people I actually question are those who genuinely believe the politicians, money lenders and other similar institutions exist to help anyone other than themselves.

My struggle over the past decade or so has been in finding a strategy which permits me to intellectually accept the pervasive cynacism/skepticism demanded by any realist while avoiding the affective melancholia which seems to invariably accompany such a worldview. Weltschmerz, as the Germans would say. It's a vexing problem.

Moose-Knuckle
04-29-13, 00:27
“The few who could understand the system will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favors, that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of the people mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests”. – John Sherman

SteyrAUG
04-29-13, 02:42
My struggle over the past decade or so has been in finding a strategy which permits me to intellectually accept the pervasive cynacism/skepticism demanded by any realist while avoiding the affective melancholia which seems to invariably accompany such a worldview. Weltschmerz, as the Germans would say. It's a vexing problem.

Well first you need to understand that it isn't a single global cooperative running everything, but rather several large power brokers all maneuvering for the biggest piece of the pie they can manage and cooperating when beneficial and undermining when the situation presents itself.

And like government, they typically have more consideration for each other than the rest of us who exist to have our pockets picked.

It's kinda like being a Polish citizen during the 20th century. Everyone claims to have your back then you are invaded by the nazis which starts a world war, and then invaded by the Russians only to be abandoned to the communists at the end of it all so there isn't another world war. The power brokers change but even when the wall comes down you really aren't truly free and independent like you once were.

And the only way to not be a pawn is to somehow not be a pawn. But being a knight, bishop or king isn't an easy thing to become if you are currently a pawn.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-29-13, 05:46

I'm waiting for the Soma pill to come to market.

There is another level of conspiracy. It is the fact that there is 500 trillion in the LIBOR market and 397 Trillion in the credit swaps. Where did all this "money" come from. How many times larger than the real world economy is this? People are Complaining about being screwed on their unreal assets.

Mjolnir
04-29-13, 06:17
Well first you need to understand that it isn't a single global cooperative running everything, but rather several large power brokers all maneuvering for the biggest piece of the pie they can manage and cooperating when beneficial and undermining when the situation presents itself.

And like government, they typically have more consideration for each other than the rest of us who exist to have our pockets picked.

It's kinda like being a Polish citizen during the 20th century. Everyone claims to have your back then you are invaded by the nazis which starts a world war, and then invaded by the Russians only to be abandoned to the communists at the end of it all so there isn't another world war. The power brokers change but even when the wall comes down you really aren't truly free and independent like you once were.

And the only way to not be a pawn is to somehow not be a pawn. But being a knight, bishop or king isn't an easy thing to become if you are currently a pawn.

They are all interlinked banking families. A cartel would be the most accurate term. Yes, they quarrel but the name of the game is the same: The Cartel will control ALL.

They OWN Big Oil and they OWN the Defense Industry. THEIR MONEY is borrowed by companies that own other aspects of our lives like Monsanto. And WHO SITS ON WHO'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS?

It's their money that supports NGOs and governments.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

currahee
04-29-13, 06:56
Either we're going to be a dystopian shithole or one day a lot of folks are going to have to be dangling from light posts.

And we don't even have any say at that, because the "powers that be" are doing a pretty good job at herding the sheeple.

Armati
04-29-13, 07:18
It is an old Libertarian saw that an election is simply an advanced auction of stolen goods.

Your elected "representatives" are really just bag men for other interests (mostly corporate interests). The Republicans have managed to convince their mouth breathing constituency that corporations are good, benevolent, need no controls or oversight, and should be allowed to do whatever they want. The fact is, corporations have to the power to replace the govt and have made it a practice to institutionalize cronyism (Crony Capitalism) as a matter of law and use the full power of govt to their own ends.

The Dems for their part need no introduction. They are playing the same game with different pieces. They also have a moron constituency who is on the take for "benefits" and an army of lawyers, organizers, agitators, and 'educators' to ensure they get them. Like a good postman, the Dems always ensure they deliver the mail for the cartel. You will notice most of the richest people in the world are all for a powerful centralized State. It is hard to control smaller independent groups with their own ideas.

Anyone who is not part of this cartel is labeled a 'kook' or is called 'unelectable'. What is telling is that the likes of Pat Buchanan and Ralph Nader now tend to agree on most issues.

What is called for at this point is a new American Nationalism:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/michael-savage-time-for-a-nationalist-party/

http://www.examiner.com/article/radio-host-michael-savage-rallies-for-nationalist-party-to-battle-republicans

Every law, every bill, every action, every proposal needs to be viewed thru the lens of "How does this help the vast body of Americans?".