PDA

View Full Version : Threaded Shield Barrel?

yellowfin
04-29-13, 12:48
Just got a Shield 9 for the wife, now wanting to make it quiet for her birthday coming up. Does anyone make a drop in threaded barrel, preferably 1/2x28, for the Shield currently?

wahoo95
04-29-13, 14:56
Nope, may be able to get someone to extend and thread one. Bigger issue is finding the right can for it which will be reliable it being such a short barrel

99HMC4
04-29-13, 18:14
I was just thinking the same thing. I would send it to ADCO for a threaded extension. I was thinking a Degroat Nano or TirantS.....

wahoo95
04-29-13, 18:24
I was just thinking the same thing. I would send it to ADCO for a threaded extension. I was thinking a Degroat Nano or TirantS.....

That would be a sweet set up! Does Thompson Machine still make the Poseidon? That would be very nice!

99HMC4
04-29-13, 19:00
Yeah they do, I'm also a TM dealer. I love TMs cans but if I were to carry it I would have to go with my buddy and run the Nano. For the fact a small can is not going to give you great performance so what not go smaller?

yellowfin
04-30-13, 18:23
What's to know about reliability vs a short barrel? Is there some issue with pressure levels, or is it the tilting of the barrel might be impaired more? What length does the issue or issues surface?

wahoo95
04-30-13, 19:36
What's to know about reliability vs a short barrel? Is there some issue with pressure levels, or is it the tilting of the barrel might be impaired more? What length does the issue or issues surface?

Yes, when you get under 4" in barrel length you can begin to have issues seeing as you're hanging 7-10oz off the end of the barrel. Bigger issue for some pistols versus others and also the particularly can use choose plays a difference. You can try it and it make work just fine, however it may be a single shot.....wont know till you try. Just trying to set expectations so that you're not surprised if you have issues.

99HMC4
04-30-13, 20:14
"Micro" cans are not 7-10 oz, that's why most are unboosted....