PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MBUS Pro.

Pages : [1] 2 3

VIP3R 237
04-29-13, 15:57
http://soldiersystems.net/2013/04/29/magpul-introduces-mbus-pro/

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG276/44
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG275/44

These look pretty nice, price point seems to be good.

Late summer is expected release date.

These will sell like crazy.

foxtrotx1
04-29-13, 16:04
I would dump my Gen 1 MBUS for that in a second.

kest_01
04-29-13, 16:08
I'll probably get a set to try, price is about right

WickedWillis
04-29-13, 16:16
I must say I do not like the current offering at all from magpul. I do have the rear sight on my rifle now due to the price point, but I am looking at buying and running troys on it. These new ones look really nice though, they remind me of KAC's Buis which is an amazing design to imitate.

BufordTJustice
04-29-13, 16:18
Yes please!

Rear MBUS Pro is on my radar! :)

uffdaphil
04-29-13, 16:32
Like how the rear tapers in upward allowing less cluttered access to the CH when folded down.

eternal24k
04-29-13, 16:58
Just saw those, really looking forward to getting a set, especially the front

VIP3R 237
04-29-13, 17:08
Just saw those, really looking forward to getting a set, especially the front

It looks very kac-ish

Aaron_B
04-29-13, 17:32
I thought the same thing when I saw them.

It looks very kac-ish

narcedglocker
04-29-13, 17:33
really like that front site

jpmuscle
04-29-13, 17:37
It looks very kac-ish

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery don't ya know.

Thumbs up to magpul. At the very least may this will reduce some of the demand for KAC micros... which means more for those that want them :D

jwperry
04-29-13, 17:41
.... they remind me of KAC's Buis which is an amazing design to imitate.

I just read the newsletter and thought the same thing...except these are 60% the price of the KAC. I wonder if they use a similar type of locking mechanism to keep them upright?

8200rpm
04-29-13, 18:28
45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

grunz
04-29-13, 18:34
Is there a detent/lock on the front sight elevation adjustment knob? And same for rear wind age knob.

eternal24k
04-29-13, 19:12
It looks very kac-ish

Exactly, but at a Magpul price

ddmk18
04-29-13, 19:18
Grant,

When can we pre-order?

discreet
04-29-13, 19:21
Exactly, but at a Magpul price

Not really... they are 190$ for the pair. They cost the same as buying a set of troy buis. On top of that the finish looks horid compared to other 200$ buis kits.

IMO waste of time and nothing to see here. Now if they came out with them for say a 120$ fr/rear that makes sence, but 200 for these???

MoCop
04-29-13, 19:28
I'd like to try the rear sight.

jaxman7
04-29-13, 19:28
Not really... they are 190$ for the pair. They cost the sa;e as buying a set of troy buis. On top of that the finish looks horid compared to other 200$ buis kits.

IMO waste of time and nothing to see here. Now if they came out with them for say a 120$ fr/rear that makes sence, but 200 for these???

Kinda putting the cart before the horse. Only a few have used them.

Its Magpul so expect quality and these may become the new standard. Like Troy did with theirs.

Its Magpul and what they are doing to support our 2A rights has me mentally buying these already because I want to support them for their actions of late. Not to mention they look quite good out of the box.

Now, how about a improved MOE handguard or aluminum handguard from you guys Duane.;)

-Jax

JChops
04-29-13, 19:39
On top of that the finish looks horid compared to other 200$ buis kits.

Melonited steel looks horrid?

Personal opinion, I guess.

Roklok
04-29-13, 19:41
I prefer the Troy sights over these.

jaxman7
04-29-13, 19:47

?????? These aren't even out yet!

-Jax

bp7178
04-29-13, 19:53
I'm guessing its the standard internet commando "I think its prettier" test.

I'd love to see Magpul work a version into a 45 degree offset that would work with Vltor uppers.

narcedglocker
04-29-13, 19:59
45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

This!!!

jaxman7
04-29-13, 20:00
I'm guessing its the standard internet commando "I think its prettier" test.

I'd love to see Magpul work a version into a 45 degree offset that would work with Vltor uppers.

Amen to the MUR compatibility.

-Jax

Five_Point_Five_Six
04-29-13, 20:10

You must be really high speed to have already put them head to head with the Troy BUIS.

wahoo95
04-29-13, 20:20
Love my Troys but I see a pair of these in my future. Melonite steel vs. Anodized Aluminum coupled with simple front post adjustment and nice aesthetics.

SPQR476
04-29-13, 20:24
Spring detents hold sight up and down. Spring biases up in the up position, down in the down position. Spring is stiff and detents are extremely positive. With sights deployed on 8lb rifle, sights survive a 5 foot, 6 axis drop test without folding up. Windage on rear and elevation on front do not lock, but detents are quite positive to prevent unintentional adjustment. We spent a lot of time on the details on these.

BrigandTwoFour
04-29-13, 20:28
45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

45 DEGREE OFFSET

Yes please!

Failure2Stop
04-29-13, 20:29
They look nice, Duane.
Looking forward to seeing them around.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

Sentaruu
04-29-13, 20:30
i want them.

Hoss356
04-29-13, 20:31
Where's The Stickman with some more photos? Specifically more side profile photos with other shit around so I can get a size relationship. They look pretty damn sleek when stowed.

_Stormin_
04-29-13, 20:40
I'll admit, I'm going to end up buying a rear to at least try it out on one of my rifles.

Fire
04-29-13, 20:46
Looking good.

I'll be the first to ask, will there be FDE?

gunnut284
04-29-13, 20:51
They look promising and I like the steel construction. I would probably prefer a locking windage/elevation adjustment but as long as the detent is stiff enough it's probably fine.

halo2304
04-29-13, 20:54
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery don't ya know.

Until you get sued. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to checking these out. I wonder how these would work with the X300 mounted in the 12 o'clock position. The Gen. 1 set I have leave little room for the toggle switch.

JRM1983
04-29-13, 20:57
These look nice, I might have to give them a try.

VIP3R 237
04-29-13, 21:20

Honestly I think these will take a big chunk out of Troy's market.

Magpul's name is golden right now.

jerrysimons
04-29-13, 21:27
Nice.

What do the sights weigh?

+1 for FDE

discreet
04-29-13, 21:31
Kinda putting the cart before the horse. Only a few have used them.

Its Magpul so expect quality and these may become the new standard. Like Troy did with theirs.

Its Magpul and what they are doing to support our 2A rights has me mentally buying these already because I want to support them for their actions of late. Not to mention they look quite good out of the box.

Now, how about a improved MOE handguard or aluminum handguard from you guys Duayne.;)

-Jax

Personally I think 200 for buis is already way too high for what they are. Not really jumping the gun at all. Just not into em, especially for the cost. Like said, if they had em even 20$ cheaper I might be interested, but every penny adds up, and not willing to risk money when I could just buy a proven item for the same cost.

I love magpul stuff, but sotra disappointed to see these. Its all opinion though. their 2a stuff has no bearing on my opinion of their producs. Btw, might I mention, I have multiple magpul items on every one of my ar's, so its nothing about me disliking magpul :)

SPQR476
04-29-13, 21:38
If anyone will be at the NRA show this weekend, we'll have about ten sets on guns. Our FB page has a photo gallery, and Stick will have a set soon. We kept this one quiet, so we didn't send any samples out prior to release.

The detents are tight enough that you have to be pretty darn deliberate in applying adjustments. We didn't think anyone would be dialing dope on these.

There are follow-on pieces in this series yet to come.

These are NOT made in CO.

We have more releases of other products coming tomorrow.

I'll get exact weight. They are skeletonized, so they aren't as heavy as you might think. They are STUPID tough.

These have been a long, long time in the making.

And, as a standard disclaimer...we are making more PMAGS than ever. Actually a ridiculous number. Our other new releases and all other products do not affect PMAG production. We have a bunch of products that we've moved out of CO, and we'll have more news on the move soon. :-)

advntrjnky
04-29-13, 21:43
I really like what they have done, but won't buy them because of the sight adjustments. IMHO things that can be adjusted that easily.....get adjusted that easily (inadvertently/ accidentally), and usually at a point when you need to depend on it.

advntrjnky

VIP3R 237
04-29-13, 21:43
If anyone will be at the NRA show this weekend, we'll have about ten sets on guns. Our FB page has a photo gallery, and Stick will have a set soon. We kept this one quiet, so we didn't send any samples out prior to release.

There are follow-on pieces in this series yet to come.

These are NOT made in CO.

We have more releases coming tomorrow.

I've seen the 1911 grips, and the MIAD 1.1s, i cant wait to see what else you guys have in store for us.

C45P312
04-29-13, 21:51
I like the way they look. Won't pass judgement till I've got a set in my hands. For now I'll stick to my KACs and Troys. I don't see these replacing them but I wouldn't mind running them on a new build of sorts.

SPQR476
04-29-13, 21:51
I really like what they have done, but won't buy them because of the sight adjustments. IMHO things that can be adjusted that easily.....get adjusted that easily (inadvertently/ accidentally), and usually at a point when you need to depend on it.

advntrjnky

They're actually pretty hard to adjust. We knew that no one was going to camp perry with these, so they are tight.

papasan
04-29-13, 21:56
glad to see these aren't plastic, I may give them a run.

nolt
04-29-13, 21:57
looks like the rear folds down flush with the aperture flipped either way.

(sweet)

lunchbox
04-29-13, 22:06
I might have missed this but.. Who's tooln the metal? Is Magpul branching out from tool/die injection molded/polymer and into CNCing? I do kinda admit its like going to a steak house and ordering a burrito:p. Looking forward to tryin.

Tiny86
04-29-13, 22:15
45 DEGREE OFFSET
That would be awesome!

sammage
04-29-13, 22:38
Liking the design, especially the rear. And for those worried about finish, I have some Aervoe you can borrow. ;)

SPQR476
04-29-13, 23:06
If melonited steel is an unacceptable finish...geez, guys.

DreadPirateMoyer
04-29-13, 23:16

It's not. It's an amazing finish, and I'm ecstatic to see it. :)

Haters gonna hate.

Koshinn
04-29-13, 23:16

We expect 30 different colors from Magpul. Melonited steel doesn't match our other fde/od/fg/multicam/coyote/pink/urbangray furniture.

:p

jpmuscle
04-29-13, 23:19

I for one would have been intrigued if they were made of polymer. The fact that their melonited steel is just significantly added Bonus.

RearwardAssist
04-29-13, 23:38
I must say I do not like the current offering at all from magpul. I do have the rear sight on my rifle now due to the price point, but I am looking at buying and running troys on it. These new ones look really nice though, they remind me of KAC's Buis which is an amazing design to imitate.

I don't care for mine either I had the front and back and replaced the back with the kac micro still looking for a solid front for mine.

Don Robison
04-29-13, 23:50
Spring detents hold sight up and down. Spring biases up in the up position, down in the down position. Spring is stiff and detents are extremely positive. With sights deployed on 8lb rifle, sights survive a 5 foot, 6 axis drop test without folding up. Windage on rear and elevation on front do not lock, but detents are quite positive to prevent unintentional adjustment. We spent a lot of time on the details on these.

They look great Duane. Can't wait to get a set on a new build.

Badger89
04-30-13, 00:11
Like how the rear tapers in upward allowing less cluttered access to the CH when folded down.
+1

advntrjnky
They're actually pretty hard to adjust. We knew that no one was going to camp perry with these, so they are tight.
Are there any plans to laser engrave the adjustment wheels or otherwise mark them so the user would know for certain if their sight had/had not been moved from zero? A small addition like that would make these sight even more desirable IMO...

SPQR476
04-30-13, 01:01
Paint pen is your friend. :)

Just like all my fasteners, the adjustment wheels get paint pen witness marks on the ones I've been running.

Haven't moved, though. They're pretty stiff.

Iraqgunz
04-30-13, 01:12
I'm interested in seeing these. It makes me want to travel to Houston early on my way to Georgia.

friendlyfireisnt
04-30-13, 01:22
I will admit that I am a bit intrigued by these. Looking forward to trying some out at some point.

Badger89
04-30-13, 01:46
Paint pen is your friend. :)

Just like all my fasteners, the adjustment wheels get paint pen witness marks on the ones I've been running.

Haven't moved, though. They're pretty stiff.
I realize the paint pen is an option, I was just wondering if factory markings were being considered. Since the sights are so easy to adjust (meaning tool-less) I thought laser engraved numbers might be handy for quickly adjusting zero on the fly for different ammo/distances if you knew the number of clicks necessary beforehand, or for estimating wind drift - similar to turrets on a scope. Maybe I'm asking for too much from a BUIS... :sad:

Lopro619
04-30-13, 01:56
Super sweet looking sights! FDE in the plans for the future I hope?

ZINCOGNITO
04-30-13, 02:13

THIS!!!!!!!!

NoveskeFan
04-30-13, 03:01
My first post vanished:confused: Anyway, looking forward to getting a set to try out.

nickdrak
04-30-13, 03:50
A 45 degree off-set version of these would ensure complete & total domination of the back-up iron sight market.

Those of us who run low-power variable optics are in desperate need of a readily available off-set sight option.

scooter22
04-30-13, 05:21
Sweet.

Ironman8
04-30-13, 07:25
A 45 degree off-set version of these would ensure complete & total domination of the back-up iron sight market.

Those of us who run low-power variable optics are in desperate need of a readily available off-set sight option.

I could use a pair of standard and offset as well...really liking the low profile design of these and think the price point is about right for a quality steel sight.

Need to see these at the NRA show...

SPQR476
04-30-13, 07:26

Since it is a melonite finish, they will come in any color you want, as long as it's black.

guitarist1993
04-30-13, 07:41
Add me to the list of those who want a 45 degree offset. That would kick ass.

ReaperAZ
04-30-13, 07:43
Since it is a melonite finish, they will come in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Just like Henry Ford and his Model T! I like it.

I like the look of these. Happy to see the boys at Magpul branching out into more stuff. I will buy a set for sure.

Magic_Salad0892
04-30-13, 09:40
The front sight looks great, but the rear looks strange to me.

However, I have confidence that they'll perform quite well, and be very low profile/light weight.

I'll stick with my KAC micros.

(I like the look of the Magpul 1911 grip panels, btw.)

_Stormin_
04-30-13, 09:58

Pretty sure plenty of these sets might get the rattle can after taping off the post and aperture...

markm
04-30-13, 11:22

Still lobbying for the 45 degreers eh? :p

jmnielsen
04-30-13, 11:32

Agreed!

mtdawg169
04-30-13, 12:01
I'm interested in seeing these. It makes me want to travel to Houston early on my way to Georgia.

Do it! (and grab me a set while you're at it!) ;)

cgcaps
04-30-13, 12:13
This looks so awesome and sleek

VIP3R 237
04-30-13, 12:19
Pretty sure plenty of these sets might get the rattle can after taping off the post and aperture...

I wonder how well Cerakote will adhere to the Melonite. Only one way to find out!

duece71
04-30-13, 14:13
Looks good, yes please.

Little Creek
04-30-13, 14:27

Over the first year of availability, I will buy 4-5 sets.

advntrjnky
04-30-13, 14:52
Thanks for the rely! I understand you making them tool-less, but I much prefer locking detents similar to original A1 sights.....as you said "people aren't going to Camp Perry with these". In my experience things made that tight also get locked up with fine grit/sand making them inoperable/ difficult to opertate.

I really do like the overall design! The only thing that will keep me from even giving them a try is the adjustment.

advntrjnky

jpmuscle
04-30-13, 15:04
I don't get it. There's aren't even released yet and you guys are clamoring for more! Bunch of drama queens. Lol

wahoo95
04-30-13, 15:16
Thanks for the rely! I understand you making them tool-less, but I much prefer locking detents similar to original A1 sights.....as you said "people aren't going to Camp Perry with these". In my experience things made that tight also get locked up with fine grit/sand making them inoperable/ difficult to opertate.

I really do like the overall design! The only thing that will keep me from even giving them a try is the adjustment.

advntrjnky

I would probably agree with you if they weren't intended to be back up sights. The old A1 sights most likely had locking detents because they were the primary aiming device.

jwperry
04-30-13, 15:30

I like the sounds of this..

What size is the front sight post?

SPQR476
04-30-13, 15:45
...as you said "people aren't going to Camp Perry with these". In my experience things made that tight also get locked up with fine grit/sand making them inoperable/ difficult to opertate.

advntrjnky

"Tight" as in the detent springs make moving the adjustments a deliberate effort, not tight tolerances. Clearances are generous where they need to be for adverse conditions operations.

If you really want set it and forget it, you could try green loc-tite 290 for pre-assembled fasteners once you are zeroed.

Try a set out, though...I think you'll find that accidental adjustment is pretty unlikely.

M_Rapp
04-30-13, 17:30
These look nice. Is this the beginning of a move to new things?

ZoneOne
04-30-13, 17:41
No one had an issue with the A2 style rear sight - being bumped out of place.

Now come 2013... everyone is running and gunning in bush that turns knobs. Come on now.

I think they look great... only wish they were a little less expensive. This economy sucks!

SPQR476
04-30-13, 17:42
These look nice. Is this the beginning of a move to new things?

We may leverage some of our additional engineering and manufacturing expertise in some non-traditional areas moving forward, especially now that we are manufacturing more outside of CO as we transition all operations out of state.

Colt guy
04-30-13, 17:43
I would like to know is how long before I can order a set..two months???? or less

I have a need for a set if I do not have to wait to long.

SPQR476
04-30-13, 17:50
We are actually expecting a mid-July availability, being conservative, but we're putting out late summer, since funky things tend to happen in this whole product launch process.

Caeser25
04-30-13, 18:06
These look great, not that I need to replace what I have.

NeoNeanderthal
04-30-13, 18:10
Very nice! Next on the list AKPmags, Offset Irons, and Front Sight Base cut out moes!

advntrjnky
04-30-13, 20:01
I appreciate your your patience in answering my comments! I really do like where you are going with these.....and will look at at a set when I find them locally available.

advntrjnky

"Tight" as in the detent springs make moving the adjustments a deliberate effort, not tight tolerances. Clearances are generous where they need to be for adverse conditions operations.

If you really want set it and forget it, you could try green loc-tite 290 for pre-assembled fasteners once you are zeroed.

Try a set out, though...I think you'll find that accidental adjustment is pretty unlikely.

Dozer
04-30-13, 22:22
Very nice! Next on the list AKPmags...

As you wish. :smile:

claymore_dude
04-30-13, 22:29
Front sight looks great, the back looks alienish.

jpmuscle
04-30-13, 23:38

Say whaaaatttt?

jmk
04-30-13, 23:51

Now, how about a improved MOE handguard or aluminum handguard from you guys Duane.;)

-Jax

This (both, actually). but the lack of a magpul ff handguard gives me an excuse to go larue there.

mtdawg169
05-01-13, 00:10
Say whaaaatttt?

Late Summer 2013

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG572/PMAG

kavants
05-01-13, 09:04
Will try a set on my next build. I have Troy's now, but these look excellent. Im sure street price will be a bit less than MSRP as well.

M_Rapp
05-01-13, 11:15
We may leverage some of our additional engineering and manufacturing expertise in some non-traditional areas moving forward, especially now that we are manufacturing more outside of CO as we transition all operations out of state.
Good to hear. Look forward to hearing more about where you guys end up and why you chose that location.

ChrisCross
05-01-13, 11:27
Late Summer 2013

LMAO... I sent this to my brother (huge AK guy) and he about lost it. Please make sure you have an extra 40-50 set aside for him :D

Shoulderthinggoesup
05-01-13, 11:52
If the street price is a good bit less than MSRP these might be interesting to me. Personally I find the weight and cost savings of othe polymer more useful, as my back up sights are almost never used. Keep up the new stuff magpul :D

Sindervhit
05-01-13, 12:46
These look genuinely amazing guys, way to move a out of everyone else's comfort zone. We run your MBUS at work, and though they're effective, I prefer something with a little more sleek style on my personal Noveske. I'll be buying a few sets myself.

Ironman8
05-01-13, 12:56
If the street price is a good bit less than MSRP these might be interesting to me. Personally I find the weight and cost savings of othe polymer more useful, as my back up sights are almost never used. Keep up the new stuff magpul :D

Cost, sure everyone likes to save a little money.
Weight, negligible at best...not even worth mentioning.
Materials, I'll take steel over polymer any day...especially with the right design.

Benito
05-01-13, 14:27
Looks great. I actually just bought a set of MBUS Gen 2's a week ago, lol. That's OK, though, if polymer is tough enough for mags, it'll be fine for sight.
Great to see Magpul coming out with constantly evolving designs. These MOE AK mags sound great.
I'm still hoping eventually for Magpul MOE VZ-58 mags, right guys, right???:)

jpmuscle
05-01-13, 14:45
Late Summer 2013

Add 5.45 to line up and I can die happy. In the interim looks I need to put together a 47.

5POINT56
05-01-13, 18:57
I would dump my Gen 1 MBUS for that in a second.

Ditto.

This is what the MBUS should have been all along.

VengeMan
05-01-13, 20:58

What he said

BAC
05-02-13, 00:44

Take my money dammit...!

nickdrak
05-03-13, 11:20
Still lobbying for the 45 degreers eh? :p

Ha! Yes. And I will not be silenced!!!....I actually scored a set yesterday so I will leave y'all alone ;)

markm
05-03-13, 12:06
Ha! Yes. And I will not be silenced!!!....I actually scored a set yesterday so I will leave y'all alone ;)

Brownells had a new version from some company I'd never heard of on their email flyer a day or two ago.

markm
05-03-13, 12:12

Word on the streets is that the Magpul Ruffians are trying to track me down. :confused:

Ironman8
05-03-13, 12:45
Just got a chance to see these at the NRA show. A few main points that stood out to me: first, these things are even lower profile and smaller than I imagined them to be. Second, there is about a 0% chance that the elevation adjustment will move on their own. Very tight, but not too tight to the point that you can't turn it with your fingers. Very impressed with them.

The only thing that may be a "con" to some is that they're slightly difficult to flip up due to the very small footprint. I dont think it's that big of a deal IMO. The spring tension is great and it clicks in the up position and snaps back down to folded without needing to press a detent.

DIRTMAN556
05-06-13, 00:20
Fonally. Should have gone with these since the beginning. Too bad I already use the Troy BUIS.

Tzintzuntzan
05-06-13, 00:23
Nice. I plan to get the rear sight the day it comes out.

eodinert
05-06-13, 01:13
Fonally. Should have gone with these since the beginning. Too bad I already use the Troy BUIS.

Clearly Magpul should not have pioneered low cost, reliable back up sights so you could have blessed them with your money.

Tzintzuntzan
05-06-13, 02:05
Ignore the troll.

jerrysimons
05-06-13, 09:26
I'll get exact weight. They are skeletonized, so they aren't as heavy as you might think. They are STUPID tough.

I haven't seen weight specs anywhere, I am hoping they are as light as the polymer MBUS, or at least lighter than Troys. Thanks

Seagunner
05-06-13, 14:36
More choices is always a good thing.

SPQR476
05-07-13, 18:45
I haven't seen weight specs anywhere, I am hoping they are as light as the polymer MBUS, or at least lighter than Troys. Thanks

MBUS PRO:
Front: 1.52 oz
Rear: 1.79 oz

GEN2 MBUS:
Front: 1.16 oz
Rear: 1.29 oz

Troy:
Front: 1.56 oz
Rear: 1.76 oz

Actual weights of samples on lab scale, rounded to nearest hundredth/oz.

Chrisollis
05-07-13, 20:55
I'll be trying a pair out. Looks like a nice and simple low profile offering. I'm also part of the crowd that would love to see these on a 45 offset...

jerrysimons
05-07-13, 21:06
MBUS PRO:
Front: 1.52 oz
Rear: 1.79 oz

GEN2 MBUS:
Front: 1.16 oz
Rear: 1.29 oz

Troy:
Front: 1.56 oz
Rear: 1.76 oz

Actual weights of samples on lab scale, rounded to nearest hundredth/oz.

Thank you for taking the time to measure and post! The Pros are definitely respectable.

rauchman
05-08-13, 10:09
Just to verify, the rear sight is windage adjustable only? No elevation adjustability?

SPQR476
05-08-13, 10:41
In the current version, windage on the rear with elevation on the front.

ddseeker
05-08-13, 12:54
Saw these on the weekend at NRA Convention.

They were actually nicer looking in person.

Real low profile, when they are down, especially when looking at them side by side with Gen2 MBUS.

(I should have taken some side by side pic’s)

danpass
05-08-13, 13:07
Just to verify, the rear sight is windage adjustable only? No elevation adjustability?

My thought as well.

But I'm admittedly biased as I use NM A2 sights; never flipped the rear aperture and the front was a set-and-forget operation. Just rear elevation (and windage) when going between 100, 200, 300 and 600.

carbinero
05-08-13, 16:36
Did I miss where someone posted how tall they are to be? My scope is mounted too low for the Troy, and I have high hopes for a short magpul-pro. Cheers--

SPQR476
05-08-13, 17:25
They are standard AR sight height. Unless you are talking about folded, and then they are .375 rear and .432 front from top of rail.

jaxman7
05-09-13, 06:33
DSG has them up on their website but they're out of stock.

http://dsgarms.com/Category/139_1/New_Products.aspx

-Jax

markm
05-09-13, 09:14
My thought as well.

But I'm admittedly biased as I use NM A2 sights; never flipped the rear aperture and the front was a set-and-forget operation. Just rear elevation (and windage) when going between 100, 200, 300 and 600.

I agree... but for a flip up sight? :confused: Probably not taking a 500 yard shot with any regularity.

SPQR476
05-09-13, 09:36
Yes, we debated the range functionality on the base model a bit. The reality is that for the majority of applications, it's just not a realistic need, and adds complexity.

That doesn't mean we don't see applications for a range adjustable flip up rear sight, just that for the focus of this particular product variant, we decided that it would not be included.

Dos Cylindros
05-09-13, 11:13
These look great! I will most likely pick up a rear to replace the DD A1.5 on my duty gun. Am I correct in my understanding that these use a same plane rear apeture?

SPQR476
05-09-13, 11:32
Yep. Same plane.

nsabjg
06-03-13, 03:52
Yes, we debated the range functionality on the base model a bit. The reality is that for the majority of applications, it's just not a realistic need, and adds complexity.

That doesn't mean we don't see applications for a range adjustable flip up rear sight, just that for the focus of this particular product variant, we decided that it would not be included.

"Base model" so there is more to come.:jester:

Watrdawg
06-03-13, 07:43
I have a new 16" DD upper from Grant that these will fit nicely on.

Dirtyboy333
07-06-13, 21:39

Wow, I'm really digging these! I've never been a big magpul fan (other than pmags of course) but these have me excited. They will be replacing the gen2 MBUS on my MWS.

carbinero
07-07-13, 11:36
I've never been a big magpul fan....
Heresy.

TakeAwayTheFear
07-07-13, 11:41
Csnt wait to get a set of these for my new build!

Dirtyboy333
07-07-13, 12:44
Heresy.

Haha :p. But these are pretty sweet. If they sell for around $150 that would be perfect. But I'll admit that I would pay up to 200

Little Creek
07-08-13, 12:32
Yep. Same plane.

Duane,

Please let us know when they start shipping.

SPQR476
07-08-13, 14:49
Very, very soon. Should be shipping pre-release production samples out any day, with general release very, very shortly after.

AR15freak
07-08-13, 15:55
I'm going to have to pick up a set of these for my DDM4.. I really like the slimmed down look compared to the MBUS 2. I like the look of these better than the Troy sights actually. Yes i agree a 45 degree offset version of these would be very cool.

Preach
07-22-13, 10:42
I just purchased a set on Gunbroker this morning. Both front and rear for $130 and free shipping. The seller is from FL with 99% positive feedback. But this sounds to good to be true. Yet I hope to have some new MBUS PRO sights soon.

SPQR476
07-22-13, 10:48
I just purchased a set on Gunbroker this morning. Both front and rear for $130 and free shipping. The seller is from FL with 99% positive feedback. But this sounds to good to be true. Yet I hope to have some new MBUS PRO sights soon.

We haven't shipped any yet, so I'd be interested to hear about who you got them from.

nolt
07-22-13, 10:51
this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355661719

Boba Fett v2
07-22-13, 10:54
They do look slick, but my KAC BUISs aren't broke, so why fix it. I'd definitely consider these if I need a set of irons for another gun in the future maybe.

SPQR476
07-22-13, 10:56
this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355661719

Thank you.

CrazyFingers
07-22-13, 11:01
We haven't shipped any yet, so I'd be interested to hear about who you got them from.

So, it sounds like it's a scam, or someone walked out of Magpul's plant with a box of something that wasn't theirs.

Either way, someone's got some 'splainin to do.

http://lairigmarketing.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5500aa5b98833017ee888da15970d-320wi

nolt
07-22-13, 11:04
Thank you.

You're welcome. (sic'em!) :D

CoryCop25
07-22-13, 11:05
Yeah the clue in that auction would have been the lack of a real picture.
Aaaahhh, the Fudds are alive!:mad:

SPQR476
07-22-13, 11:07
So, it sounds like it's a scam, or someone walked out of Magpul's plant with a box of something that wasn't theirs.

Either way, someone's got some 'splainin to do.

http://lairigmarketing.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5500aa5b98833017ee888da15970d-320wi

The same seller has a bunch of other auctions for obviously counterfeit Magpul goods. This is a juicy one.

RearwardAssist
07-22-13, 12:07
Geez they are knocking them off before they are even released now. Hope you can take a chunk out of his ass.

WickedWillis
07-22-13, 12:11
Well for your sake sir, I hope you've looked at this thread since your post.

Dirtyboy333
07-22-13, 12:41
*MAGPUL PTS is OWNED AND LICENSED BY MAGPUL , THESE SIGHTS USE THE SAME POLYMER AS THE FAMOUS AND WELL KNOWN PMAG.

Is the above true?

*DO NOT LET GUNSHOWS CHARGE YOU $70-90 FOR THESE SIGHTS , THAT IS DISHONEST AND UNFORTUNATLEY MANY PEOPLE FALL VICTIM TO THIS DECEPTION -- AND SADLY SOME WHO HAVE FALLEN VICTIM DO NOT / WILL NEVER KNOW.

"I AM A FELLOW SHOOTER , 2A SUPPORTER , NRA MEMBER AND GUN ENTHUSIAST. I USE THESE SIGHTS ON A REGULAR BASIS ( AS WELL AS THE USA MBUS SIGHTS) -- AND I CAN SAYFROM EXPERIENCE (I'VE PUT THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS (.223/5.56/.308WIN) DOWNRANGE USING PTS SIGHTS ON MY AR's) ... ANYONE WHO's NOT IN A WAR ZONE ENGAGING IN DAILY COMBAT , THESE WILL SERVE YOU THE SAME AS THE ONES IN RETAIL STORES. FOR RANGE USE / HOME DEFENSE , THESE ARE A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH. Do NOT let ANANONYMOUS FORUM "KNOW IT ALL's" try and tell you any different. !! My feedback speaks for itself."

HAHA

This is only part of this guys literature from his MBUS GEN2 ad. WOW, seems like he's got a factory pumping these things out Considering he's trying to get dealers to place bulk orders. Just wow!

Boba Fett v2
07-22-13, 12:47
PTS is the Magpul airsoft branch correct? Anyone willing to put airsoft parts on a professional grade rig is just asking for trouble.

Dirtyboy333
07-22-13, 12:48
Agreed

mtdawg169
07-22-13, 12:49
PTS is the Magpul airsoft branch correct? Anyone willing to put airsoft parts on a professional grade rig is just asking for trouble.

That is correct. However, his ad for the MBUS PRO sights represents them to be the real deal. Since they haven't even shipped them yet, I'm guessing that they are Chinese counterfeits.

SPQR476
07-22-13, 13:00
*MAGPUL PTS is OWNED AND LICENSED BY MAGPUL , THESE SIGHTS USE THE SAME POLYMER AS THE FAMOUS AND WELL KNOWN PMAG.

Is the above true?

[/COLOR]

PTS is not "Magpul PTS" and is not owned by Magpul. The polymers are absolutely not the same. For those prices, those might not even be real PTS parts. Let's please move further discussion out of this thread, and due to some things we're working on, I won't be able to add much about further enforcement activities.

Noodles
07-22-13, 13:02
Hey magpul.....

45º please. kthanx!

Krull
07-22-13, 15:39
As you know Colt is using the synthetic Magpul rear sight now,okay but I kinda want a metal one so this new offering from Magpul is interesting.

That or the GG&G MAD.

Boba Fett v2
07-22-13, 17:25
PTS is not "Magpul PTS" and is not owned by Magpul. The polymers are absolutely not the same. For those prices, those might not even be real PTS parts. Let's please move further discussion out of this thread, and due to some things we're working on, I won't be able to add much about further enforcement activities.

The sad thing is the ill-informed will likely purchase these thinking they're the real deal... until they take a shit. Then of course this will be followed by reviews/assumptions that these sights are junk.

SPQR476
07-22-13, 17:28
The sad thing is the ill-informed will likely purchase these thinking they're the real deal... until they take a shit. Then of course this will be followed by reviews/assumptions that these sights are junk.

A significant portion of all warranty returns to us are actually counterfeits. Sad, but true.

Boba Fett v2
07-22-13, 17:33
A significant portion of all warranty returns to us are actually counterfeits. Sad, but true.

Maybe you guys should start adding serial numbers to your products to try to mitigate the Chicom knock-offs. Maybe to help keep track of dealer samples that are sent out in advance. Not sure how feasible or cost effective it would be...

Noodles
07-22-13, 17:55
Maybe you guys should start adding serial numbers to your products to try to mitigate the Chicom knock-offs. Maybe to help keep track of dealer samples that are sent out in advance. Not sure how feasible or cost effective it would be...

There is no stopping the signal. If you ever want to ship product at all it's going to be knocked off. Magpul has very large margin products (you're paying for the R&D, then tooling, then a hundred other things and last is material costs), and they have a desirable brand. My company also has items being knocked off in a different industry. It's pretty much just going to happen. On the up side... It's a sign of success ;)

I found with our stuff, that oddly enough, although the Chinese government does not really respect patent claims... They DO respect trademarks, so that's been a relatively successful approach for us.

Koshinn
07-22-13, 19:59
There is no stopping the signal. If you ever want to ship product at all it's going to be knocked off. Magpul has very large margin products (you're paying for the R&D, then tooling, then a hundred other things and last is material costs), and they have a desirable brand. My company also has items being knocked off in a different industry. It's pretty much just going to happen. On the up side... It's a sign of success ;)

I found with our stuff, that oddly enough, although the Chinese government does not really respect patent claims... They DO respect trademarks, so that's been a relatively successful approach for us.

Make sure your logo is on everything you make. That wont stop cheap knockoffs, but it will stop knockoffs with your logo at least if that's true about the Chinese government respecting trademarks.

Little Creek
07-28-13, 13:01
Duane,

Is the release ambidextrious on these new folding sights? I love the looks of these new sights, but I am LH and that is a deal breaker for me. I have several sets of the Gen 2 sights.

SPQR476
07-28-13, 13:18
These deploy manually with positive detents top and bottom. Handedness doesn't matter.

ddmk18
07-28-13, 21:12
I apologize in advance if I missed this in the thread, but is there a firmer date we can expect to be able to purchase these? Thanks!

SPQR476
08-08-13, 00:34
Looking at full production and shipping by end of August. Finishing needed a tweak, thus the delay.

SilverBullet432
08-08-13, 00:57
looks like the airsoft ones have beat the real deal to the market.. why don't the chinese have any respect??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Magpul-MBUS-PRO-PTS-Version-Iron-Backup-sights-BLACK-Flip-up-Folding-/171094494485?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d606cd15

Koshinn
08-08-13, 04:25
why don't the chinese have any respect??
What do you mean by that?

Lopro619
08-08-13, 05:07
What do you mean by that?

why do they always blatantly knock off every product we make in the states?

SilverBullet432
08-08-13, 06:52
yes ^ that. heck these irons aren't even officially out yet, wasnt there one guy on the previous page that had somehow bought some "real" ones already?

Failure2Stop
08-08-13, 07:13

And sell it back to us...

Preach
08-08-13, 08:21
yes ^ that. heck these irons aren't even officially out yet, wasnt there one guy on the previous page that had somehow bought some "real" ones already?

I backed out before they shipped. The guy's first sell never said anything about pts airsoft crap making it sound legit and I didn't look at any of his other items and he had 99% A seller rate. As soon as I called him out on it, he deleted the original page and made the airsoft not official but official bs page.

SPQR476
08-08-13, 09:24
Nothing currently available is real. We're addressing some things related to this currently which I am unable to comment on.

There is not, and will not be a licensed version.

Buy from reputable resellers of genuine Magpul product to avoid confusion.

danpass
08-08-13, 10:09
Any timeframe for availability?

Ryno12
08-08-13, 10:31
Any timeframe for availability?

Look up a few posts

Looking at full production and shipping by end of August. Finishing needed a tweak, thus the delay.

Sent via Tapatalk

Big A
08-08-13, 12:05
Nothing currently available is real. We're addressing some things related to this currently which I am unable to comment on.

I keep telling a friend of mine this but he keeps buying stuff from eBay...:(

ddmk18
08-08-13, 12:05

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to getting a set.

Stickman
08-08-13, 14:11

Replace "Chinese" with "Black", and go yell it in a room full of people. I think that is what he was getting at. You can't blame an entire race of people, especially in a controlled country for the actions of a few industry owners.

Kind of like saying after a school shooting that gun owners need to be stopped. It isn't accurate.

My guess is that was his point with his question posed. I could very well be wrong.

ETA- None of this negates the problems of counterfeits coming out of China and other places, nor does it excuse those that do. However, if people weren't buying the product, there wouldn't be a market. Some people just don't care that they are buying knockoffs.

C4IGrant
08-08-13, 14:17

Right. I think it would be nice to see Magpul list all their legit Distributors and Dealers so people have a quick reference.

C4

SPQR476
08-08-13, 14:34
Right. I think it would be nice to see Magpul list all their legit Distributors and Dealers so people have a quick reference.

C4

Grant, we're looking at exactly that...a lookup of registered dealers. Developing that now.

C4IGrant
08-08-13, 14:36
Grant, we're looking at exactly that...a lookup of registered dealers. Developing that now.

Awesome! I am listed on a lot manufacturers website (BCM, S&W, Aimpoint, Trijicon, etc) and have used this many times when a customer asked us for proof that the product we were selling was legit.

C4

Beat Trash
08-08-13, 16:57

Personally I'd rather wait a few weeks and get a finished product that is good to go. Tweak away.

I've been using Troy's for a while. I picked up a pair of Cilt 6920's that came with MagPul MBUS's. this was my first exposure to them. While functional, not really liking them.

This new PRO BUIS interests me enough to try them on these new guns instead of the Troy's I had planned on buying.

When comparing the price of these new sights to the existing polymer MagPul sights, I can see where some are getting a case of sticker shock.

But when comparing the price of the PRO sight to the price of the Troy folding sight, they're a bit cheaper. I'm using DSG's web site for price comparison as they are listed on their site.

For a few bucks cheaper than the Troy's I was planning on buying, I get a stronger sight that folds a bit flatter.

I used and carried A2 sighted guns without ever on e having an issue with accidental movement of the rear knob. The windage adjustment knob is a non-issue to me.

Stickman
08-08-13, 21:05

C4

If dealers are buying from a distributor, I'm not sure how they would be verified as legit.

SPQR476
08-08-13, 22:15
Voluntary submission from all who buy through distribution to be added to list, verified by their distributor, and meeting certain other criteria would be one way. Still working it, though.

VIP3R 237
08-08-13, 22:20
Voluntary submission from all who buy through distribution to be added to list, verified by their distributor, and meeting certain other criteria would be one way. Still working it, though.

I was wondering about that as we go through RSR.

Exiledviking
08-25-13, 18:54
and the MIAD 1.1

Any news on the availability of the MIAD 1.1 AR-10? I need one and of course the MBUS Pros for my LMT MWS.

Blak1508
08-25-13, 20:45
I am looking forward to these sights, I have been holding out on the KAC micros for these. Will there be a midnight release? Can I preorder ?:D Playing of course about the midnight release, but still trying to get my hands on a set as soon as they drop.

Iraqgunz
08-26-13, 03:17
Very nice sights. I believe the finish is melonite or similar. They are sleek and lock solid. Thus far, those that have seen them have had nothing but good stuff to say. I think the price point will provide people with good sights that are competitive with other similar type sights.

I just need some time to shoot them.

Lopro619
08-26-13, 08:09
Very nice sights. I believe the finish is melonite or similar. They are sleek and lock solid. Thus far, those that have seen them have had nothing but good stuff to say. I think the price point will provide people with good sights that are competitive with other similar type sights.

With the recent Troy implosion, these will be going on all my rifles. Can't wait for their release.

Jaysop
08-27-13, 16:13
With the recent Troy implosion, these will be going on all my rifles. Can't wait for their release.

Troy implosion?

SPQR476
08-27-13, 16:17
Should start shipping next week, gents. Finally. Availability will be on the slow side for a few weeks, but we'll be cranking full bore by late Sept.

wahoo95
08-27-13, 16:17
I like them from what I can see.

Is the front sight post standard? I prefer to swap out to match width post on my rifles.

The rear sight....is it easy to flip up? Appears to be such a sleek design that it may be hard to get to?

Watrdawg
08-27-13, 16:38
Should start shipping next week, gents. Finally. Availability will be on the slow side for a few weeks, but we'll be cranking full bore by late Sept.

I've been following this thread for a while now and can't wait to purchase a set! Glad to hear they are starting to ship next week.

SPQR476
08-27-13, 16:45
Front sight post is non-standard, and does not rotate as it is adjusted, lending itself to follow on variants, but we'll get to that in time.

The sights are designed and tested to deploy with a flick of a single, gloved finger, but I suppose YMMV.

Peshawar
08-27-13, 17:19
Magpul and Surefire should team up and create a dovetail-top weaponlight that takes variations of front sights to accommodate different platforms. Really wanting to see the integration of sights and the light. It would solve a lot of problems. Just my opinion. The Mbus Pro's look great, btw.

Blak1508
08-27-13, 17:49

IG, they look real good, solid and just all around exactly what I am looking for. I hope to pick up a set and I am now happy I have been holding out for them.

eternal24k
08-27-13, 20:14
they look fantastic.

Am i the only one also hoping for a fixed variant?

Ridgerunner665
08-27-13, 20:32
I'll be ordering a set...thanks Magpul.

ZINCOGNITO
08-27-13, 20:46
Anyone know where these can be pre-ordered or ordered?

NoveskeFan
08-27-13, 21:12

Quoted from an email today. I saw some on eBay and contacted Magpul, they sent the following response:

"Thank you for contacting us. The MBUS Pro hasn't been released yet the front sights should be available sometime in September and the rear sight should follow soon after. So any MBUS Pro sights you see out on the market at this time is PTS or a knock off."

TBomb
08-27-13, 22:06

I think you can back order them at DSG Arms, if you want to go down that road.

bp7178
08-27-13, 22:44
The MBUS Pro hasn't been released yet the front sights should be available sometime in September and the rear sight should follow soon after.

How does that make any f'n sense? Man, this industry needs to learn how to roll out a product...

officerX
08-27-13, 23:16

I can confirm that this can be done.

TacticalSledgehammer
08-27-13, 23:23
I thought they were going to be cheaper. That alone makes them not as desirable as some others on the market for me anyways.

ZINCOGNITO
08-27-13, 23:29

Thanks! Order placed....

I don't order any gun parts from eBay.........ever.

ZINCOGNITO
08-27-13, 23:30
I thought they were going to be cheaper. That alone makes them not as desirable as some others on the market for me anyways.

Really? How cheap did you want them to be?

Iraqgunz
08-28-13, 02:19
I can only assume by your post that you don't consider good equipment worth the money. People always seem to want more options and better stuff, but don't want to pay for it.

TurretGunner
08-28-13, 07:13
Don't worry Magpul...

Troy just sold a metric shit ton of MBUS's for you. You guys should send them a thank you letter and a fruit basket :)

kwelz
08-28-13, 08:09
Don't worry Magpul...

Troy just sold a metric shit ton of MBUS's for you. You guys should send them a thank you letter and a fruit basket :)

Really you are going to drag that junk into this thread?

Exiledviking
08-28-13, 09:18
they look fantastic.

Am i the only one also hoping for a fixed variant?

Fixed sets would be great!

Caduceus
08-28-13, 09:51
I can only assume by your post that you don't consider good equipment worth the money. People always seem to want more options and better stuff, but don't want to pay for it.

That's a problem, why?

We speak with our wallet. If a person doesn't like the price, they're free not to buy it. Good ole capitalism.

TacticalSledgehammer
08-28-13, 10:00

I guess I should have been more clear. I feel like they're pretty much the same as other quality steel sights. Worth the money? Probably. I just don't see a price advantage.

Their mbus polymer sights impressed me with how well they would hold up, but I prefer steel.

C4IGrant
08-28-13, 10:11

How much cheaper? Who said that???

From my perspective, they are $30 dollars cheaper than Troy's and $71 dollars cheaper than KAC Micro sights (300M version). These are the TWO BEST BUIS's in the game and Magpul beats both of them by a considerable amount of money.

C4

TacticalSledgehammer
08-28-13, 10:11
Really? How cheap did you want them to be?

Somewhere above their polymer sights and below what they have them priced at. Although I can see where some expense is. They look like a work of art.

C4IGrant
08-28-13, 10:12
I guess I should have been more clear. I feel like they're pretty much the same as other quality steel sights. Worth the money? Probably. I just don't see a price advantage.

Their mbus polymer sights impressed me with how well they would hold up, but I prefer steel.

Which sights are you comparing them too???

C4

TacticalSledgehammer
08-28-13, 10:18
Grant ive been looking at Troy. I've been seeing their rear folding sights for $109.

TBomb
08-28-13, 10:19
How much cheaper? Who said that???

From my perspective, they are $30 dollars cheaper than Troy's and $71 dollars cheaper than KAC Micro sights (300M version). These are the TWO BEST BUIS's in the game and Magpul beats both of them by a considerable amount of money.

C4

This. Some of you guys don't seem to understand...there is no magic bullet here. As evidenced by other quality steel BUIS in the industry, there is a certain price point below which it is not profitable for a manufacturer to operate. If you want steel BUIS for polymer BUIS money, you're going to end up with junk. The polymer BUIS always seemed like a good option for people who are either on a budget or are counting grams. To me, they are too bulky for my tastes and I prefer steel. The MBUS Pro looks to be one of the most streamlined BUIS available, and that is important to me. The fact that they are less expensive than both the Troys and the KACs is just an added bonus.

C4IGrant
08-28-13, 10:28
Grant ive been looking at Troy. I've been seeing their rear folding sights for $109.

That is the "street" price on the Troy rear and you are looking at the MAP price on the Magpul rear. So apples to oranges, but STILL, the Magpul is cheaper. So I am not understand what the problem is.

C4

TacticalSledgehammer
08-28-13, 11:15
Maybe I'm just out of touch with my inner-being :blink:

thopkins22
08-28-13, 11:15

Right or wrong, I've got a feeling that in the near future you'll be able to find Troy sights for cheap on Equipment Exchanges across the internet. ;) Lot's of folks are going to be moving towards MBUS Pro's and KAC's.

TacticalSledgehammer
08-28-13, 11:33
Right or wrong, I've got a feeling that in the near future you'll be able to find Troy sights for cheap on Equipment Exchanges across the internet. ;) Lot's of folks are going to be moving towards MBUS Pro's and KAC's.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

jerrysimons
08-28-13, 11:49
Magpul and Surefire should team up and create a dovetail-top weaponlight that takes variations of front sights to accommodate different platforms. Really wanting to see the integration of sights and the light. It would solve a lot of problems. Just my opinion. The Mbus Pro's look great, btw.

Agreed!
Closest thing yet,
https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3443

TurretGunner
08-28-13, 12:21
Really you are going to drag that junk into this thread?

Not draging junk into anything, It's the truth.

Grant, when will sets be availibile, if not already stated?

Also, any idea if they intend to put out a 45* set. That would be TITS!

C4IGrant
08-28-13, 12:41
Not draging junk into anything, It's the truth.

Grant, when will sets be availibile, if not already stated?

Also, any idea if they intend to put out a 45* set. That would be TITS!

We ordered them the FIRST day they were available to be ordered and will put them up on our website the day we get them!

C4

TurretGunner
08-28-13, 14:48
We ordered them the FIRST day they were available to be ordered and will put them up on our website the day we get them!

C4

Thanks!

These look like they will fill the void between the cheap plastic/metal BUIS and the KAC Micros. If they keep the price around $75-90 street for each, they should dominate the market.

Lopro619
08-28-13, 15:58
Thanks!

These look like they will fill the void between the cheap plastic/metal BUIS and the KAC Micros. If they keep the price around $75-90 street for each, they should dominate the market.

the msrp is 90 something a pop I think.

glocktogo
08-28-13, 22:16
Agreed!
Closest thing yet,
https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3443

Interesting. I'd like to see a product test & review on this item.

eperk
08-29-13, 06:27
That's a problem, why?

We speak with our wallet. If a person doesn't like the price, they're free not to buy it. Good ole capitalism.
I agree. Just because it's pricey doesn't mean it's a good product, and if it's inexpensive it isn't necessarily a bad product.

Mall_Ninja
09-03-13, 14:09

I think this is the main reason I hear some people hating on your MBUS. I have tons of them, many of my buddies do also and not one has ever been an issue. Or maybe its the Glock mentality, no one wanted those, "shitty plastic guns!!"

In fact:

Anyone dumping their MBUS Gen 2 to upgrade to the Pro's I will take your "crappy plastic" sights and even pay shipping!
:D

Are these going to be able to be disassembled for painting?

Zirk208
09-03-13, 15:48
...just when I had my mind set on the Troy's, I had to go and read 12 pages of this.

SPQR476
09-03-13, 16:05
Shipping in 3...2...1...

C4IGrant
09-03-13, 16:06
Shipping in 3...2...1...

LOL, my name better be on one of those boxes! :D

C4

WickedWillis
09-03-13, 16:10
The Troy's are actually available currently, the Magpul's are not.

...just when I had my mind set on the Troy's, I had to go and read 12 pages of this.

Watrdawg
09-03-13, 16:13
I'll definitely be trolling your site Grant. The DD upper I bought from you a while back is still waiting for a set of buis.

SPQR476
09-03-13, 16:20
LOL, my name better be on one of those boxes! :D

C4

I checked. Yes, you are on the first shipment list.

SteveL
09-03-13, 16:33
Shipping in 3...2...1...

LOL I just posted a little while ago that these weren't out yet.

Vandal
09-03-13, 17:23
Waiting for a user review. For me it's down to these or KAC.

SPQR476
09-03-13, 18:12
Iraq Gunz should be able to post a review....

C4IGrant
09-03-13, 20:40
I checked. Yes, you are on the first shipment list.

Awesome!

C4

Blak1508
09-03-13, 21:06
Grant, hopefully you will be saying my name is on the first package to go out when they get to you :D

Iraqgunz
09-03-13, 22:34
I have a set and have talked about them briefly. I also showed them to a group of police and civilians in my last class and the initial comments were very favorable.

I haven't been able to shoot them yet, and am going to try this weekend.

Waiting for a user review. For me it's down to these or KAC.

Vandal
09-03-13, 22:48
I look forward to your thoughts after shooting with them. Gonna go find the initial review.

TriggerFish
09-04-13, 01:24
Another S.H.O.T. '14 item.

thopkins22
09-04-13, 01:25

You say that literally a day after they started shipping to dealers. ;)

C4IGrant
09-04-13, 08:27

LOL, did you not read above you??

C4

Lopro619
09-04-13, 08:39
Will these be available in abundance? Or should I set some cash aside right now. Was saving for an optic, but may have to shift funds to these if they are going to be hard to get.

SPQR476
09-04-13, 11:38
Will these be available in abundance? Or should I set some cash aside right now. Was saving for an optic, but may have to shift funds to these if they are going to be hard to get.

Initial shipment numbers will be on the low side, compared to other products, but we'll be rolling full bore by end of the month.

Preach
09-04-13, 13:39
Initial shipment numbers will be on the low side, compared to other products, but we'll be rolling full bore by end of the month.

These are fronts only, the rears are coming soon after? Or is the release both, front and rears?