PDA

View Full Version : New scope Vortex Razor

Alaskapopo
04-30-13, 23:02
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/manually%20operated%20rifles/Remingto700_zps93c3af81.jpg (http://s59.photobucket.com/user/355sigfan/media/manually%20operated%20rifles/Remingto700_zps93c3af81.jpg.html)
Went out today and the rifle averaged .61 for 4 5 shot groups with the following load.
168 grain SMK seated to 2.283, 42 grains of N140 CCI BR primer Federal match once fired brass. (Velocity 2450).
I love how easy it is to see with the scope and how the center of the reticle is open and just the perfect size for the little dots I was using to shoot at.

Guns-up.50
04-30-13, 23:24
Nice, how does that optic compare to others in its price. I know vortex are nice optics but one of their best qualies is their budget friendly prices. The razor is on the high end, what made you choose that as apose to a NF , ect.

Alaskapopo
04-30-13, 23:29
Nice, how does that optic compare to others in its price. I know vortex are nice optics but one of their best qualies is their budget friendly prices. The razor is on the high end, what made you choose that as apose to a NF , ect.

Well I own a Nightforce 3.5-15 NXS and its a good but what sold me on the Vortex was going to a friends house and comparing it to the Nightforce side my side. Both have good glass but the Vortex seemed more clear to me and I liked the reticle much more than the NPR1. Also the Vortex is first focal plane with a 5-20x magnification range while the Nightforce does not offer this above teh 3.5-15 models unless you want to pay the 3500 for the Beast. I am very happy with my purchase.
Pat

Guns-up.50
04-30-13, 23:52
Well I own a Nightforce 3.5-15 NXS and its a good but what sold me on the Vortex was going to a friends house and comparing it to the Nightforce side my side. Both have good glass but the Vortex seemed more clear to me and I liked the reticle much more than the NPR1. Also the Vortex is first focal plane with a 5-20x magnification range while the Nightforce does not offer this above teh 3.5-15 models unless you want to pay the 3500 for the Beast. I am very happy with my purchase.
Pat

Thanks for the input, with all the offerings from vortex with the quality for the $ hard not to take good look at them, thanks again.

davidwilsen
05-01-13, 08:31
Nice Scope. I mostly like it's waterproof and fog proof features of this vortex product.

taliv
05-01-13, 09:02
nice scope! and VERY nice shooting!!

(i'd take the vortex over NF too. i think the problem is that the NF guys don't get out and shoot much :) i see the vortex guys at every match I go to. I know that experience makes its way into the scope features.)