PDA

View Full Version : I'm in DEEP POO!!! Parts order..

tuff
03-27-08, 17:53
Fellers, I'm in DEEP POO!!!! My wife was snooping around and found my saved page "Larue Shopping Cart", needless to say there is a Small mushrom cloud over here now!!

I almost dissolved the situation by telling her that I'm not placing the order till MONDAY!! She did not laugh...:D

Jerm
03-27-08, 17:59
should have just explained that it was more of a "wishlist" than anything.

....worked for me,when mine took a peek over my shoulder one day.:D

tuff
03-27-08, 18:13
LOL!!

list was...

Magpul CTR Dark earth mil stock
10' Larue Rail handguard
Troy Front and Rear Dark earth sights
Larue FUG
1.25 sling swivel
Four pack of Dark earth mags..
Larue low profile gas block...

Damn I cant wait till Monday!!

jmoore
03-27-08, 18:41
my wife doesn't have the combo to my gun safe:)

jm

johnson601
03-27-08, 19:05
I have a personal bank account with debit and also a credit card. I think that if my wife found out about those I too would have a mushroom cloud over my head, and mayby some unwanted paperwork in front of me..:D

mike benedict
03-27-08, 20:16
You know that is a easy problem to fix

I have hundreds of guns and no wife...

Mike

Cold Zero
03-27-08, 20:29
Fellers, I'm in DEEP POO!!!! My wife was snooping around and found my saved page "Larue Shopping Cart", needless to say there is a Small mushrom cloud over here now!!

I almost dissolved the situation by telling her that I'm not placing the order till MONDAY!! She did not laugh...:D

Sounds like you need to get your computer encrypted and password protected, or work on your pimp hand.:eek:

Sidewinder6
03-27-08, 20:51
Take her shopping. Problem over.

WillC
03-27-08, 21:21
... work on your pimp hand.

+1...

DM-SC
03-27-08, 21:25
You know that is a easy problem to fix

I have hundreds of guns and no wife...

Mike

LOL! Yeah...there's a couple of downsides to that situation, too! Not very serious ones...but...:D

Paula is pretty cool about my gun spending. I try my best to keep it reasonable and she, for the most part, lets me be. In fact, she gave a good bit of grief a couple of months ago for NOT buying an AR that was a good deal! :cool:

eaa308
03-27-08, 22:11
Tax money came in and my wife said I could order my first M4(Noveske N4) if she could get new blinds for the house. DEAL!! N4 will be here in a week or so, until then will be hanging blinds!!:rolleyes:

TUNNEL RAT 33
03-28-08, 00:06
tell her the order is for a group of guys at work and they are paying you for em

Bolt_Overide
03-28-08, 00:14
tell her if she doesnt like it you can live quite well on half what you make.

Gramps
03-28-08, 00:44
Take her to a fine dinner this weekend and politely ask her if it is ok for a hard working hubby that brings home "Bacon" to be allowed the "Wright" to have a little of that hard earned pork for him self, as well as some for her too.

Mine started a savings account for her, and when I use something from our checking she takes the same amount for her savings. She's too tight to spend it though. No hobbies and no interest.

How the hell I married the only woman born and raised Montana and doesn't like guns or hunting. What was I thinking? Ya, I know!

evocrazy
03-28-08, 11:41

This the very reason mine stays in her cage most of the time!

Just kidding, I am lucky to have a wife that likes me to spend my hard earned money on my hobbies as long as the mortgage is paid in full and on time! Not sure how that all worked out but hey I'm not complaining.

Been lurking for sometime, just signed up. Godd site, nice people and great info. Nice to meet everyone.

Apologize if I jacked this thread! Good luck with the Mrs.'s and enjoy your new gear!

Cold Zero
03-28-08, 11:46
Buy her a German car / truck and tell her to shut up. You can then buy tact' gear for the rest of your life, nag free.:eek:

Mine only buys me guns and body armor for X Mas and B Days.;)

Rmplstlskn
03-28-08, 12:21
All these "wife will kill me" & "hide it from my wife" stories makes me wonder who wears the pants...

I am also blessed to have a wife who fully supports armament and preparedness... :cool:

Rmpl

DANGER CLOSE
03-28-08, 16:14
i think its more a chain of command thing in regards to the bank account..... thats why i use my business account for cool guy stuff. although she did buy my m1a socom. now she is going to buy me a m&p 40 and stock pile some ammo.:)

my other hobby sucks up some lettuce too. thats the one she complains about.

saromans134
03-28-08, 18:55
I just say I was "pricing" things out. Then I tell her to get back in the kitchen and stay away from my computer.:D Or at least it seems like that is how it goes. End result is I still win somehow.

74 Camaro
03-28-08, 18:57
I have to buy her something of comparable value. Obviously, that makes everything I buy twice as expensive.

tuff
03-28-08, 20:01
Buy her a German car / truck and tell her to shut up.

LOL!!!:D She drives a $55,000 truck now!!!:D

Cold Zero
03-28-08, 20:59
LOL!!!:D She drives a $55,000 truck now!!!:D

Uhh, O.K., fall back on the pimp hand idea. Good luck.:eek:

tuff
03-28-08, 21:07
The new Dell XPS laptop seemed to quell the monster quite well!!:D She no longer cares about the parts, just wants to know when I will have a wireless router installed in the house...:p

Cold Zero
03-28-08, 21:09
The new Dell XPS laptop seemed to quell the monster quite well!!:D She no longer cares about the parts, just wants to know when I will have a wireless router installed in the house...:p

I like the Linksys. It is better than the other ones I have had.

Tallteeth
03-29-08, 11:04
Make small cash withdrawals over a period of time until you have enough, then obtain a cashier's check or money order and mail it in. Triple or quadruple digit purchases show up bad on bank or credit card statements.

9x19
03-29-08, 15:12
This thread is at best marginally related to the General Discussion of ARs.