PDA

View Full Version : BlackOps Precision Rimfire

BlackOps Tech
05-01-13, 13:03
We've been doing the Precision Rimfire Repeater Conversion for a while now on the Remington 40X Single Shots and we're now making our own Rimfire Repeater Action (Model 605). The BlackOps Model 605 and the 40X Repeater Conversion are both Controlled Round Feed and are exclusive to BlackOps Precision.

Just thought I'd share a few photos (pictured with a very early prototype magazine) and info.

http://i49.tinypic.com/i5bpqb.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/301k8ip.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/alklf6.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z42S70fTas

We make our own magazine for the conversion that fits any DBM that accepts the 308 AICS or AW magazines. This enables us to provide a Full Scale trainer in 22LR that emulates the weight and controls of the most common duty/precision rifles.

The BlackOps Precision Rimfire Action will fit any Remington 700 SA stock/chassis (as does the Remington 40X (XB).

Alpha Sierra
05-05-13, 16:07
Out-freakin'-standing!

orkan
05-05-13, 16:33
You first announced the 605 back in january of 2010, right?

Are they being delivered now?
Is it a custom order item?
Lead time?
Prices?
Are those the new non-prototype mags?

I've been watching the 605 project since it was introduced 3.5 years ago. I understand things can take time, and I've read about the hurdles you've had to cross... but it would seem strange to post about the 605 on yet another website, when to my knowledge you have not produced them yet, and you have customers waiting as long as train smoke looking to buy them for the last several years.

BlackOps Tech
05-05-13, 17:41
You first announced the 605 back in january of 2010, right?

Are they being delivered now?
Is it a custom order item?
Lead time?
Prices?
Are those the new non-prototype mags?

I've been watching the 605 project since it was introduced 3.5 years ago. I understand things can take time, and I've read about the hurdles you've had to cross... but it would seem strange to post about the 605 on yet another website, when to my knowledge you have not produced them yet, and you have customers waiting as long as train smoke looking to buy them for the last several years.

A little reading comprehension would serve you well at this point (especially in regards to Rule #6. You can find the link to the Rules at the top right of this page). It's quite obvious from your post here and posts in other threads involving BlackOps that you're basically nothing more than an Internet educated enthusiast with a lot of time on your hands.

You know nothing of my orders nor what we're delivering and I certainly won't entertain your devisive line of questioning. You're pretty well known amongst the Internet for the positional antics that have lead to the demise of numerous forum memberships.

If you're out to pick a fight, do it elsewhere.

deadly0311
05-05-13, 19:47
Mike has a point Greg...

orkan
05-05-13, 20:09
January 2010 was when the 605 was announced, if memory serves.

This, as of a couple days ago on snipershide:

The first of the Centerfire actions will be available by the end of May, and the Rimfire actions are running pretty close to parallel to Centerfire production.

605's not done... yet in here with another "hey lookit!" thread.

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-rimfire-section/37957-stepping-up-plate-update-9-14-new-pics-16.html

... and I have no point, asking when these are going to actually be delivered?

Yeah, I don't know how many people have paid Mike money, and have been waiting how long Mike? Months? Years? ... but I know one. :) Easy to marginalize my statements. I'm just a big ol' internet bully with a grudge against black ops huh? Cute, but not quite. I'm a fan of the facts.

Were my friend not deployed right now, and not due to come back for months yet... he'd be in here posting the exact same things. Take one look at the snipershide thread I linked and you'll see it for yourself.

So forgive me for finding it quite odd that he be in here advertising a product that doesn't exist, and has been "up to the plate" for three and a half years. Funny thing is, even though mike treats me like shit every chance he gets for calling it like I see it, I'll buy a 605. I don't give a shit if I have to have someone else order it.

I simply wanted to know if these were ACTUALLY going to be available anytime soon... or if this is just another hype thread for a product that's been in development for years with a storyline that would match any soap opera for drama content. Apparently he doesn't like it when he puts up a post showing off his old pictures of the product that doesn't exist, and then has someone ask if it's ACTUALLY done yet.

Littlelebowski
05-05-13, 20:28
Straight up, when is this shipping?

BlackOps Tech
05-05-13, 20:56
January 2010 was when the 605 was announced, if memory serves.

This, as of a couple days ago on snipershide:

605's not done... yet in here with another "hey lookit!" thread.

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-rimfire-section/37957-stepping-up-plate-update-9-14-new-pics-16.html

... and I have no point, asking when these are going to actually be delivered?

Yeah, I don't know how many people have paid Mike money, and have been waiting how long Mike? Months? Years? ... but I know one. :) Easy to marginalize my statements. I'm just a big ol' internet bully with a grudge against black ops huh? Cute, but not quite. I'm a fan of the facts.

Were my friend not deployed right now, and not due to come back for months yet... he'd be in here posting the exact same things. Take one look at the snipershide thread I linked and you'll see it for yourself.

So forgive me for finding it quite odd that he be in here advertising a product that doesn't exist, and has been "up to the plate" for three and a half years. Funny thing is, even though mike treats me like shit every chance he gets for calling it like I see it, I'll buy a 605. I don't give a shit if I have to have someone else order it.

I simply wanted to know if these were ACTUALLY going to be available anytime soon... or if this is just another hype thread for a product that's been in development for years with a storyline that would match any soap opera for drama content. Apparently he doesn't like it when he puts up a post showing off his old pictures of the product that doesn't exist, and then has someone ask if it's ACTUALLY done yet.

There are a lot of people that want to know that don't present themselves in such a sphincter-like manner and then regard themselves as a victim when they're called on it. You clearly have an axe to grind even after you make statements about understanding the delays. Which one is it? Also, you stated that I've posted "old" pictures, but you haven't displayed the common sense to understand your own contradiction.

The link you've posted clearly outlines the forthright approach and I've clearly presented the facts, but then there's your axe. If you're truly interested in a 605, I'll be happy to work with you, but forgive me for recognizing the attitude of a true customer versus someone that thrives on stirring the pot.

Basically, within the rules of each respective forum, I can post in any forum I'd like. I've recognized this forum as a growing community of knowledgable members, and within the guidelines of the rules, I offered up info here that hasn't been presented before. There's no conspiracy theory or who shot John scenario. If you have an issue with it, take it up with a Moderator and we'll sort it out properly.

If you genuinely have an interest in discussing specs, technical details, etc., I'll be more than happy to engage in adult conversation that broadens what appears to be of interest to all of us (which is why I joined this site). The petulant Internet behavior is not an area I have an interest in.

If you'd like to wipe the slate clean and start over, I'm happy to wipe it with you and extend an olive branch, but this historical axe grinding exercise is getting old.

BlackOps Tech
05-05-13, 21:05
Straight up, when is this shipping?

We're currently making the "production" magazine, bolt nose, firing pin, both extractors, ejector, cocking piece, shroud and all discrete components for the 40X Conversions, which are shared components with the Model 605.

The Model 605 receiver and bolt body production is running nearly parallel with the Centerfire receiver and bolt and the RIMFIRE will be available for in-house builds in July. We will not be shipping the Model 605 as a complete standalone action until the RAVAGE Rifle Package production is caught up, which is conservatively estimated as September.

orkan
05-05-13, 22:26
The Model 605 receiver and bolt body production is running nearly parallel with the Centerfire receiver and bolt and will be available for in-house builds in July. We will not be shipping the Model 605 as a complete standalone action until the RAVAGE Rifle Package production is caught up, which is conservatively estimated as September. July huh? ... not the "may" you told the guys on snipershide on may 2nd?

The first of the Centerfire actions will be available by the end of May, and the Rimfire actions are running pretty close to parallel to Centerfire production. Bringing production in-house was necessary to offer Custom Actions that are manufactured to the standards that others only claim to deliver.

If you genuinely have an interest in discussing specs, technical details, etc., I'll be more than happy to engage in adult conversation that broadens what appears to be of interest to all of us (which is why I joined this site). The petulant Internet behavior is not an area I have an interest in. What the hell would I need to discuss specs for... I've seen you advertising the specs for over three years, just like everybody else.

Victim? nah, I don't think so.

You post something you've been missing your own self imposed delivery ETA's on for a couple years, get called on it, then get all butt hurt. :no:

For something you have no interest in, you sure seem to engage in it a lot. Matter of fact, you post in a few forums quite often, and run afoul of a lot more than just me. Matter of fact, until a few days ago we haven't had an interaction in years. You may notice trends about me, sure. From the looks of it, it's like looking into a mirror for you. Any time someone contradicts your thinking (mag release inside trigger guard) (advertising vaporware) you lash out, because you can't possibly be wrong. I'm pretty familiar with it. ... and it has me laughing I assure you.

I'm trying to work on it. Maybe you should too. :happy:

In this case, it doesn't matter what you say until this product is something other than a prototype. Hell, the way this industry goes half the time, I'm surprised you didn't announce it at shot show 2 years ago.

When you finally finish it... if you ever do... I'll buy one someday. I just had to laugh at seeing this pop up over here. Vaporware fail of the day material for sure.

BlackOps Tech
05-05-13, 23:04
July huh? ... not the "may" you told the guys on snipershide on may 2nd?

What the hell would I need to discuss specs for... I've seen you advertising the specs for over three years, just like everybody else.

Victim? nah, I don't think so.

You post something you've been missing your own self imposed delivery ETA's on for a couple years, get called on it, then get all butt hurt. :no:

For something you have no interest in, you sure seem to engage in it a lot. Matter of fact, you post in a few forums quite often, and run afoul of a lot more than just me. Matter of fact, until a few days ago we haven't had an interaction in years. You may notice trends about me, sure. From the looks of it, it's like looking into a mirror for you. Any time someone contradicts your thinking (mag release inside trigger guard) (advertising vaporware) you lash out, because you can't possibly be wrong. I'm pretty familiar with it. ... and it has me laughing I assure you.

I'm trying to work on it. Maybe you should too. :happy:

In this case, it doesn't matter what you say until this product is something other than a prototype. Hell, the way this industry goes half the time, I'm surprised you didn't announce it at shot show 2 years ago.

When you finally finish it... if you ever do... I'll buy one someday. I just had to laugh at seeing this pop up over here. Vaporware fail of the day material for sure.

Again, reading comprehension certainly isn't your strong suit. Rave on Greg....your approach here in no way illustrates that you're interested in anything other than being a shock monger and again, I've grown as bored with your petulance as I did with the mag release. You admitted that the basic safety rules that I quoted in another thread are taught everywhere, but you showed no ability to apply them or understand the written explanation of a solid design theory where those rules are concerned.

And here we are again....You're so driven to be correct, but at the cost of making yourself look foolish by presenting points (again) that are derived from an inability to comprehend written information. Every piece of information pertinent to the RIMFIRE project is in the link you posted; if you can't understand it, that's your problem. You supplied the quotes above for all to see, so tell me exactly where I said the RIMFIRE would be available in May.

This could be so much easier Greg, but you'll have to get off your high horse first.

orkan
05-06-13, 00:22
Well if that shit isn't the pot calling the kettle black. lol :no:

I'm having quite the easy time of it, actually. Maybe you better spend a little more time working on your 605. After all... people will expect to get what they've paid for at some point.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 00:53

I'm having quite the easy time of it, actually. Maybe you better spend a little more time working on your 605. After all... people will expect to get what they've paid for at some point.

It doesn't take long on the Primal Rights Forum to find examples of you not delivering what you've said in the amount of time you've stated, so is this a glass house scenario?

Maybe you should spend some time worrying about what you haven't delivered and making sure your own house is in order before you show an obvious proclivity to the sophomoric tendencies you've displayed here. The difference is, you don't make anything but videos....far simpler than designing, developing, prototyping, testing and manufacturing.

When I illustrate that your points have no credibility, you bounce to another ridiculous angle just to keep this going. If you need to be the screaming child in the middle of the room, have at it.

orkan
05-06-13, 00:56
I decided to go back to the beginning of that thread, and see just how many self-imposed ship dates you've blown...

02-18-2010:
The 323 will be available first and I expect within the next two months followed by the 605.

06-11-2010:
I'm being forced to finish my center fire DBM right now, so I hope to have the Model 605 out by late August. That's just in the first few pages of that 16 page thread filled with missed dates going back over 3 years. I could go on, but I don't feel like wasting the time.

08-15-2010:
The 323 availability is very close and the 605 will be near year end.... ... then completely abandoning the 323, all the while talking about it as if it was sure to arrive.

That was just in 2010. Your words, not mine. I'm sure that's just my "inability to comprehend written information."

You're right though... a huge thread tracking more missed delivery dates than any manufacturer in recent memory... and I've just got this all wrong. :no:

I'm sure you're very used to people just gobbling up your bullshit. I don't think you'll find a lot of that here. You expect anyone with a shred of sense to read that epic fail thread on snipershide, and trust a single word from your mouth as it pertains to when this product is going to actually be available?

Not to worry however. No such thing as bad press right Mike!?!?!? Now, not only do people know about your 605... but they also know they better not set aside money for one until some of the people who have been waiting for it since 2010 get theirs. After all, 2014 is only 7 short months away.

I've seen your rifle builds. They look good, and shoot good. Yet this complete refusal to accept responsibility for your shortcomings is tiresome.

You could have simply responded to my first post questioning time-tables as a professional... and none of this would have happened. I'd have said something on the order of "I'm glad things are finally getting straightened out." Instead, you wanted to make like my concerns had no merit. Well now people can see for themselves. I'd trust an ETA from a crackhead before yours.

orkan
05-06-13, 01:02
Maybe you should spend some time worrying about what you haven't delivered and making sure your own house is in order ... and what haven't I delivered?

The only hiccup we've ever had at PR in terms of product delivery was caused by yet another manufacturer that said they were going to deliver product in "two weeks" for a year. Bohica Arms, one of the worst manufacturers in history of firearms, and even THEY delivered within 1.5 years. Customers were all made whole, and they are customers to this day. So yeah, I've got quite a lot of experience with manufacturers in the firearms industry that can never meet self-imposed deadlines. Shit gets really old.

The facts in this instance speak for themselves. So keep screaming about how childish I am, when you are doing the same goddamn thing. I'm having a blast with this actually... and unlike you... I don't have customers waiting for something I've promised to deliver years ago.

By the way, be sure to go find something I'm not doing, which no one is waiting for... as if it makes people feel better about the shit you aren't doing which you've been paid for. lol

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 01:11
... and what haven't I delivered?

The only hiccup we've ever had at PR in terms of product delivery was caused by yet another manufacturer that said they were going to deliver product in "two weeks" for a year. Bohica Arms, one of the worst manufacturers in history of firearms, and even THEY delivered within 1.5 years. Customers were all made whole, and they are customers to this day. So yeah, I've got quite a lot of experience with manufacturers in the firearms industry that can never meet self-imposed deadlines. Shit gets really old.

The facts in this instance speak for themselves. So keep screaming about how childish I am, when you are doing the same goddamn thing. I'm having a blast with this actually... and unlike you... I don't have customers waiting for something I've promised to deliver years ago.

Wow. Looks like I touched a nerve....and I know you're enjoying it because that's what you do. Now that I point out what you haven't delivered, suddenly it's no different than numerous scenarios with the BlackOps Rimfire....and there's more that you've not delivered than the Bohica saga.

I can tell you this fat boy, not a single dime of anyone's money but my own has gone into this project. I've taken six deposits recently (as in late 2012) for RAVAGE Rifles built on Remington 40X actions, maybe two for RAVAGE Rifles built on my action and I've been delivering 40X Conversions for a while.

Go make your videos and talk about what you think you know. It's again become quite clear to me what you don't know.

Sean W.
05-06-13, 01:16
I think we get the point now you guys should take it to pm's.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 01:24
I think we get the point now you guys should take it to pm's.

Copy that Sean, sorry it got out of hand.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-06-13, 07:31
Congrats on the 40X conversion, it seems to be getting really good reviews- and it seems that you have a pretty good turn around time on them and for a reasonable fee.

I guess the most positive thing to say is thanks for sticking with the project and dealing with the engineering and patent issues. I hope that it is a success for you and there is a time in the future when people don't realize that CMP 40X rifles once were single shots.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 08:29
Congrats on the 40X conversion, it seems to be getting really good reviews- and it seems that you have a pretty good turn around time on them and for a reasonable fee.

I guess the most positive thing to say is thanks for sticking with the project and dealing with the engineering and patent issues. I hope that it is a success for you and there is a time in the future when people don't realize that CMP 40X rifles once were single shots.

Thanks ColdDead, much appreciated. We're in the four week turn-around at the moment, but that's likely to grow a bit with the interest in the Conversions.

Instead of re-machining the factory bolt nose, firing pin and extractors, we're now replacing the factory parts with our own. This enabled us to turn conversions around faster and we were able to lower the price of the conversion by $53 (for conversions performed on actions that maintain the factory barrel).

I'll keep everyone posted.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-06-13, 09:13
For those of us interested in the conversion, what is the protocol to get the process started?

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 09:29
For those of us interested in the conversion, what is the protocol to get the process started?

Those with a genuine interest can call the shop (406-892-1850) and speak to Colton, Chris or me, or shoot an email to mike@blkopstech.com.

PMs here or at Snipers Hide work also.

orkan
05-06-13, 10:36
Wow. Looks like I touched a nerve....and I know you're enjoying it because that's what you do. Now that I point out what you haven't delivered, suddenly it's no different than numerous scenarios with the BlackOps Rimfire....and there's more that you've not delivered than the Bohica saga. Yeah, you did touch a nerve. I'm quite tired of manufacturers not delivering when they say they will.

You keep at this like there's something the same about our two businesses. There isn't anything the same.

You - manufacturer.
Me - dealer.

Manufacturers make things.
Dealers sell things.

If manufacturers can't deliver when they say, it's their fault, and they are the only ones that can do something about it.

If dealers can't deliver, its BECAUSE of someone like you... and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it aside from informing our customers that the manufacturer is yet again blowing a ship date.

So please tell me how what you have going on is anything like what any dealer has going on? ... and all of my customers that are waiting, are waiting on manufacturers. Beyond that... there's not a damn thing of any consequence I haven't delivered.

Alpha Sierra
05-06-13, 10:45
So Dykstra, are you waiting on product from BlackOps?

If not, save your lectures. Nobody cares.

BlackOps Tech
Yeah, you did touch a nerve. I'm quite tired of manufacturers not delivering when they say they will.

You keep at this like there's something the same about our two businesses. There isn't anything the same.

You - manufacturer.
Me - dealer.

Manufacturers make things.
Dealers sell things.

If manufacturers can't deliver when they say, it's their fault, and they are the only ones that can do something about it.

If dealers can't deliver, its BECAUSE of someone like you... and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it aside from informing our customers that the manufacturer is yet again blowing a ship date.

So please tell me how what you have going on is anything like what any dealer has going on? ... and all of my customers that are waiting, are waiting on manufacturers. Beyond that... there's not a damn thing of any consequence I haven't delivered.

If you say so Primal Scream (definition of Primal Scream, "a violent verbal outpouring of raw emotion")....you obviously have this all figured out....but a bit of humorous reading on your forum speaks volumes.

Goodbye....Have a nice day....

Ironman8
Perhaps Orkan should post in LAV's thread: What is the rarest small arm you wish you could own? (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=130433)
Instead of cluttering up this one....

99HMC4
05-06-13, 14:35
Edited by myself...

99HMC4
05-06-13, 14:38
Edited by myself...

TacMedic556
05-06-13, 14:51

I have been reading this individuals statements on this thread as well as another thread he ranted in and have a difficult time understanding what the hell his problem is. Why all the hate brother? This reminds me again why I avoid gun shows, gun shops and people with guns that I don't know too well. There are times when they border on the fringe of being egotistical maniacs who run around flexing their balls and knowing everything.

Arguing with Mike Bush about rifles is like arguing with Michelangelo about how to carve marble. Grab your crayons and go draw some pictures.

99HMC4
05-06-13, 15:02
Edited by myself...

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 15:15
99HMC4

orkan
05-06-13, 15:18
This reminds me again why I avoid gun shows, gun shops and people with guns that I don't know too well. There are times when they border on the fringe of being egotistical maniacs who run around flexing their balls and knowing everything. Right, because any of that shit has to do with manufacturers delivering when they say they are going to deliver right?

As a dealer, I'm quite sick of companies saying they will do a thing by X date, and not doing that thing by that date.

My customers are disgusted with it even more than I am.

You see me knocking the quality of his products? No. You see me knocking his ability to deliver when he says he's going to deliver, a dozen times or more over more than 3 years.

I wonder, will this latest delivery date that was said here be met? We'll see! :)

fosgate
05-06-13, 15:45
If anyone here knows anything about debate it is this. “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” ― Socrates

That's 101 basic stuff. Orkan did not start off slander by throwing insults at the man. Just simply asked a question asking when are they going to come out for real. Because you have been saying they were going to come out in ____. BlackOps instantly replies with slanderous insults by implying Orkan does not have basic reading comprehension skills and "Internet educated enthusiast." Also implying that Orkan has a negative rep on the internet gun forums.

So really, Orkan backed you into a corner on his first post and you lost the debate by making it personal rather than answering the question.

You say you now have parts in production, what stage of production? R&D? Raw materials ordered? How many units are available for immediate shipment? How many have already shipped?

Your right, engineering is a total different process than running a business. Orkan runs a business and understands the customer service aspect much more than you. Don't take this as an insult but it is fact if you do a little research that engineers generally have a different set of personal attributes than someone who does sales and service. Doesn't make you any worse of a human being but I hope you take this as constructive criticism and you can grow from this. If you cannot I would suggest hire someone with some business management skills that understands PR/Sales/Marketing. Honestly from beginning to end the conversation reminded me of this and trying to fill the role yourself may not be appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAY27NU1Jog

99HMC4
05-06-13, 16:07
Ah shit....
Blackopsprescision is not the company I thought it was. I read a few key words and the anger came up again. Mike, I ****ed up. Sorry. You were not my intended target and it had nothing to do with primal rights, this precedes that....

Alpha Sierra
05-06-13, 16:24
Right, because any of that shit has to do with manufacturers delivering when they say they are going to deliver right?

As a dealer, I'm quite sick of companies saying they will do a thing by X date, and not doing that thing by that date.

My customers are disgusted with it even more than I am.

You see me knocking the quality of his products? No. You see me knocking his ability to deliver when he says he's going to deliver, a dozen times or more over more than 3 years.

I wonder, will this latest delivery date that was said here be met? We'll see! :)
Are you owed product by this vendor?

If so, be a professional. STFU in public and take care of things like real businessmen do.

If not, why are you shitting here?

Do you think that your behavior reflects positively on you and on your business?

I assure you it does not. And it lets me know who I would and would not send my money.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 16:45
Ah shit....
Blackopsprescision is not the company I thought it was. I read a few key words and the anger came up again. Mike, I ****ed up. Sorry. You were not my intended target and it had nothing to do with primal rights, this precedes that....

No worries 99 and think no more of it. I appreciate you stepping up and I'm sure others do as well.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 16:48
Are you owed product by this vendor?

If so, be a professional. STFU in public and take care of things like real businessmen do.

If not, why are you shitting here?

Do you think that your behavior reflects positively on you and on your business?

I assure you it does not. And it lets me know who I would and would not send my money.

He's owed nothing by me Alpha, nor will he ever be. His emotional state of mind dates back to the same type of behavior that I had no tolerance of a few years ago and i called him on it then too. I've watched this guy function this way for quite a few years.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 17:04
If anyone here knows anything about debate it is this. “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” ― Socrates

That's 101 basic stuff. Orkan did not start off slander by throwing insults at the man. Just simply asked a question asking when are they going to come out for real. Because you have been saying they were going to come out in ____. BlackOps instantly replies with slanderous insults by implying Orkan does not have basic reading comprehension skills and "Internet educated enthusiast." Also implying that Orkan has a negative rep on the internet gun forums.

So really, Orkan backed you into a corner on his first post and you lost the debate by making it personal rather than answering the question.

You say you now have parts in production, what stage of production? R&D? Raw materials ordered? How many units are available for immediate shipment? How many have already shipped?

Your right, engineering is a total different process than running a business. Orkan runs a business and understands the customer service aspect much more than you. Don't take this as an insult but it is fact if you do a little research that engineers generally have a different set of personal attributes than someone who does sales and service. Doesn't make you any worse of a human being but I hope you take this as constructive criticism and you can grow from this. If you cannot I would suggest hire someone with some business management skills that understands PR/Sales/Marketing. Honestly from beginning to end the conversation reminded me of this and trying to fill the role yourself may not be appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAY27NU1Jog

This is a well written and thoughtful dissertation, and there are a few valid points here, but imagine my disappointment when I see you in the "battle planning" thread over on Primal Scream?

Mr. Primal Scream made a fool of himself a few years ago and I didn't tolerate it then and won't tolerate it now. As a business owner, I probably shouldn't be saying some of the things I'm saying here, but what I won't do is be afraid of the Internet like most business owners in this industry. Mr. Scream's divisive questions were quickly recognized as the same empty babble that I saw a few years ago and then again in another thread on this forum, but when challenged accordingly, guys like you and Mr. Scream get some half baked agenda and run to the Internet as an empowered and suddenly materialized authority with one thing in mind.

What neither of you are intelligent enough to understand is the "Stepping Up To The Plate" thread on Snipers Hide is essentially a real-time thread that covers the entire "developmental" stage all the way through manufacturing. I appear to be the only designer in this industry with the courage enough to place my guts on the table with such a project by allowing everyone to follow along. Neither of you have a clue to what the industry spends and never delivers and neither of you have any appreciation to recognize what it takes to do it.

Somehow though, there's an Internet Educated Enthusiast that makes a few mall ninja videos and becomes some type of all knowing Internet guru with followers like you and neither of you realize that you basically have no clue. Essentially, we now have the Jim Jones and David Koresh of the gun industry Internet followers in this thread.

orkan
05-06-13, 17:06
He's owed nothing by me Alpha, nor will he ever be. His emotional state of mind dates back to the same type of behavior that I had no tolerance of a few years ago and i called him on it then too. I've watched this guy function this way for quite a few years. Oh, you mean back when you accused me of being involved with a conspiracy perpetrated against you by a competitor? lol :p

Wild call custom rifles... underground skunkworks... and now black ops precision. Will there be a vote to choose the next name of your business?

alpha... I assure you I don't care in the slightest where you spend your money.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 17:11
Oh, you mean back when you accused me of being involved with a conspiracy perpetrated against you by a competitor? lol :p

Wild call custom rifles... underground skunkworks... and now black ops precision. Will there be a vote to choose the next name of your business?

alpha... I assure you I don't care in the slightest where you spend your money.

And you continue to show your ignorance. Is there some special mall ninja school that you have to attend to get to your advanced level of stupid? The Primal Scream company vehicle must be a short bus....

militarymoron
05-06-13, 21:27
blakcopstech and orkan - take any disagreement to PMs. the next non-techinical/off-original topic post gets this thread locked.

BlackOps Tech
05-06-13, 22:33
blakcopstech and orkan - take any disagreement to PMs. the next non-techinical/off-original topic post gets this thread locked.

Thanks MM for stepping in. I moved the debate to the Primal Scream forum a few hours ago. The mess won't be back here again.

VooDoo6Actual
05-06-13, 23:07
Ta Da.

JWR075
05-15-13, 23:05
Nice looking rifle. Not trying to stir the pot, but is there any thought to bringing back the 323 action and rifle? I seemed like it would make a fine light weight hunting rifle/action.

BlackOps Tech
05-15-13, 23:34
Nice looking rifle. Not trying to stir the pot, but is there any thought to bringing back the 323 action and rifle? I seemed like it would make a fine light weight hunting rifle/action.

Thanks JWR. Highly valid question and I'm glad you asked.

I've given the 323 a little thought lately, but there are a few issues. The price point is too close to the Model 605 and there are quite a few players in the smaller scale Rimfire game at a mid to low price point.

Initially, I made six Model 323 barreled actions (four 22LR and two 22Mag), but I couldn't put our typical level of detail into the rifle builds and offer the rifle at a low enough price. A hand made smaller scale platform just wasn't practical (but that was three years ago now).

So far, we're the only player in the full scale Rimfire repeater platform (that emulates Centerfire duty-type rifles). I'll have Model 605 receivers and bolts on the CMM for validation within a couple of weeks and full production receivers/bolts shortly thereafter. All of the small parts are already in production and used in our 40X Repeater Conversions.

JWR075
05-15-13, 23:45
Thanks for the response, and while I like the full size action, I was just looking for an alternative to the Cooper (really the only high grade) rimfire action for hunting purposes. On a side note, after looking at your website you have some very nice firearms (really like the look of the specter-babr-rifle).

On a slight side note, will you or have you thought about chambering the 17wsm?

BlackOps Tech
05-16-13, 00:04
Thanks for the response, and while I like the full size action, I was just looking for an alternative to the Cooper (really the only high grade) rimfire action for hunting purposes. On a side note, after looking at your website you have some very nice firearms (really like the look of the specter-babr-rifle).

On a slight side note, will you or have you thought about chambering the 17wsm?

With the Rimfire craze of late, it could be that the market would support a hand-made alternative to the Cooper, but it would be really expensive at first. We hand made a stock for the 323 and built a rifle, but everything was proprietary to us. We could possibly get something like that off the ground now, but it would take a while and I'm not anywhere close to taking on another project.

A few of the many good things about the 605 is it drops into any Rem 700 Short Action stock (or chassis), uses any DBM that accepts an AICS or AW (308) magazine and uses any Rem 700 style trigger.

I will be doing a SPORTER Version of the 605 as a hunting platform and have the initial design work completed, but I won't get it finished for a while yet. It won't be the smaller scale platform, but the magazine will be flush fit and there will be quite a few compatible components that are already available.

orkan
05-16-13, 22:04
Will you be selling actions by themselves for others to do builds on?

BlackOps Tech
05-16-13, 22:27
Will you be selling actions by themselves for others to do builds on?

Absolutely. We'll have numerous kits available and will offer barreled actions as well....Not only in Rimfire, but for our Centerfire actions also.

The kits will include the complete action (receiver, bolt, fire control, all small parts, etc). We can/will include our trigger, but since triggers are seemingly a personal item, it doesn't have to be included. Our DBM (complete kit with pillars, action bolts, etc.) will be made available as part of the kit as well, but is an option.

All necessary drawings (for barreling) and a Certificate of Conformance (assigned to the serial number) will accompany the actions.

orkan
05-16-13, 22:59
When will the 605 actions be available and what will their price be?

BlackOps Tech
05-16-13, 23:09
When will the 605 actions be available and what will their price be?

The Model 605 will be available for order around mid July. I've not completed the pricing structure yet for kits, but pricing will be comparable to the currently available Centerfire actions on the market.

I'm revamping our website this month to "turn-on" the BlackOps Technologies part of the site where actions and components can be ordered and the WildCall Custom Rifles site will be visible as well. All pricing will be visible soon, or you can give me a call at the shop in a couple of weeks.

orkan
05-16-13, 23:13
I've not completed the pricing structure yet for kits, but pricing will be comparable to the currently available Centerfire actions on the market. The currently available $600 to $800 actions, or the currently available $1400 actions?

What about your magazines that interface with AICS-style DBM? Are they done and readily available? If so, price?

BlackOps Tech
05-16-13, 23:23
The currently available $600 to $800 actions, or the currently available $1400 actions?

What about your magazines that interface with AICS-style DBM? Are they done and readily available? If so, price?

Likely closer to the $1400 actions, but kit features will make the final determination.

We're currently moulding our magazines and shipping them with the 40X Conversions and they're $38 each. One magazine is included with the Model 605 (and one magazine is included in the price of our conversions).

Oddly enough, the dumbest part of dealing with our magazine was spring availability. We had to design our own and Wolff makes it for us. We currently have a moulding capacity of 5000 magazines per week (and that's just idling along) and can scale the operation up exponentially.

orkan
05-16-13, 23:27
So I can order a magazine or 5 right now, and receive it promptly?

BlackOps Tech
05-16-13, 23:35
So I can order a magazine or 5 right now, and receive it promptly?

Yep. The initial Conversions were shipped with the prototype mags (moulded with a PolyCarbonate material) and a modified, off the shelf spring. We're shipping replacement and production mags that are moulded from the 33% Glass Filled Nylon material and the Wolff made BlackOps spring.

Magazines are only available to those that have ordered a BlackOps 40X Repeater Conversion or already have one of our Conversions in-hand, or have ordered or are in possession of the BlackOps Model 605 Rimfire Action/Rifle.

titsonritz
05-21-13, 23:02
That is an awesome 22. Will it be available in a left-handed version?

BlackOps Tech
05-22-13, 08:09
That is an awesome 22. Will it be available in a left-handed version?

Thanks and Yes. It will be available in Left Hand.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-13, 16:22
Want, want, want. For the price of a basic 22 I can turn my 40X into a death dealer for prairie dogs...

Canonshooter
06-03-13, 17:55
Not to derail, but the magazine talk made me think that if someone could come up with a decent magazine for the Savage Mkll they could probably sell them for $50 each by the boatload. I'm not holding my breath for Savage to offer anything other than the current POS they have the nerve to refer to as a "magazine."

Thanks for indulging me - we're waiting for an independent to step up to the plate on this one.

mattexass
08-18-13, 19:28
Off topic, what color cerakote is the action and barrel done it?

GUNSLINGER733
08-19-13, 12:15
od green? rifles look sweet, got to read a lot of b.s. along with rifle

orkan
01-28-14, 15:41
Don't say I didn't warn you, if you're one of the unfortunate that have money tied up over there...

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-member-link-up/233102-black-ops-precision-closing-business-down.html

To my knowledge, no one has ever received a 605, and I think this month marks 4 years since it's "introduction." If you have money over there, you better start taking legal action to protect yourself.

HKGuns
02-01-14, 09:56
Great call orkan, in the face of much opposition. Too bad for all those who will lose money, including the LLC "partners".

rundm
02-06-14, 10:53
I was jonesing for one of these things something bad last yr. I am glad that I saw one of the threads that Orkan put out on snipershide that kept me on the sidelines a couple of months ago before I made the mistake of getting started on this project. Would have been a bad decision on my part. Thanks Orkan.

orkan
02-06-14, 11:25
Hey man, believe it or not, I was waiting to buy one myself! However, this type of crap has become a habit in the firearms industry, and if I can save someone from losing their money... I will.

Hopefully the technology won't be lost, and when the smoke clears on this we can go buy one somewhere someday.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-30-16, 14:50
An update on this. Mike Bush has released the particulars on the conversion for third parties to convert 40Xs. I'm having mine done by Elkhorn Precision. Mike is selling mags, I've got five in hand- that was to make sure I didn't get a 40X with a hole in the action and nothing to go into it ;). Mike said that mags are in stock, I'm going to pick up a few more. The mags are pretty solid and seem well engineered. Johnathan at Elkhorn has converted one 40X and now has four from the Colorado 22lr Mafia to convert.

I've been out of big guns for the past few years as the only time that I can get to the range is taken by working with my son with 22s- AR, pistol and bolt gun. Sharing his CZ455VPT will end when I get the 40x back. Really looking forward to playing with this conversion and putting the boy in his place.