PDA

View Full Version : Auto Marked Lowers

Col_Crocs
03-27-08, 20:07
Other than POF, are there other brands offering Auto markings? What about actual auto lowers, how difficult is it to get them?--Legally speaking

MCASSgt New River
03-27-08, 20:24
Other than POF, are there other brands offering Auto markings? What about actual auto lowers, how difficult is it to get them?--Legally speaking

I had one about a year ago...but just because it said AUTO on it I wasn't feeling to happy. I accepted it on a trade and failed to fully inspect it, had I known it had it I wouldn't have accepted. I know it probably doesn't make a damn bit of difference but I washed my hand of that situation.

Stickman
03-27-08, 20:32

Its no different than putting a sticker of a stop sign on the side of your receiver. It won't stop anyone, but if you like it, go get it. There are runs of FA marked lowers on a pretty regular basis.

FA lowers are roughly 10K+, and it depends on your state laws whether you can own one or not.

miamitj
03-27-08, 23:01
Spikes Tactical in FL sells them with the full auto bullet markings ...

Col_Crocs
03-28-08, 10:29
Thanks for responding to my post.
Trade? What brand was it?
10K+?? Thats pretty steep. you can actually get a .50 Barret with that kind of money down here.
Any other brands besides Spikes and POF? -- Bushy, LMT perhaps?

Stickman
03-28-08, 13:07
10K+?? Thats pretty steep. you can actually get a .50 Barret with that kind of money down here.

You can up here as well, but if the .50 cal is banned, you will see the grandfathered ones leap up in price as well. Since there are no new FA lowers coming into civilian hands, prices simply continue to rise each year.

Renegade
03-28-08, 14:16
Quite a few smaller MFGs make "AUTO" marked lowers.

As for real ones, they are easy to find. Several for sale on any given day in the usual places.

Parabellum9x19mm
03-28-08, 15:02

when i was buying my POF stripped lower, i had a choice between the 415 and 416.

i decided to go with the 415, because i didn't want the potential hassle of having auto markings on a semi automatic weapon. especially when there is paint fill involved, making the markings even more noticeable.

are you looking for a lower to be a host for a RDIAS? that's the only real reason i can think of for the auto markings, unless you just want it for the CDI factor, of course.

they
03-28-08, 16:55
Why do you even need "safe" and "fire"?

Markings are for ametures or attention whores:D .