PDA

View Full Version : BCM Gunfighter's Vertical Fore Grip

militarymoron
05-01-13, 20:22
It's not out just yet, but I thought I'd post a preview.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/militarymoron/bcmvg1.jpg

Hot on the heels of the BCM Gunfighter's Pistol Grip is the Gunfighter's Vertical Fore Grip from Bravo Company USA. It's a straightforward vertical grip for the carbine with a storage compartment and a 5° angle that can be forward or rearward facing, depending on the user's preference.

The BCM GVFG (Gunfighter's Vertical ForeGrip) is an ergonomic foregrip that mounts to any handguard with a 1913 rail section. It measures about 4.6" tall, and has a flattened grip cross-section. The flattened grip cross section provides better rotational control of the grip than a round/cylindrical cross section when it's used for controlling the weapon. The grip portion is about 1.75" on the long axis and 1.17" wide.

Full article here: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.furniture3.html#bcmvfg

munch520
05-01-13, 20:29
Thanks for the (per usual) informative article.

Any chance of a stubby version?

hotrodder636
05-01-13, 20:30
Seems kind of tall....have you had the opportunity to use it? Does it feel as tall as it looks (measures)?

mkmckinley
05-01-13, 20:31
Looks like good kit. I like the low profile locking screw and these look pretty lightweight. Does the 5° angle make a noticeable difference in handling?

militarymoron
05-01-13, 21:30
i'm hoping for a stubby as well. no word on that.

it's the same length (height) as the tangodown vertical grip and other standard grips - whether it's too long depends on how you use it. personally, i prefer stubbies, but some still want a standard length vertical.

yes - the 5° does make a difference. it's reversible so it's mostly up to personal preference. i think it gives you a bit more leverage for controlling the weapon when moving it to the side, combined with the flatter profile.

bleaman225
05-01-13, 21:36
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu29/benleaman/Permanent/19471_zps977dec46.jpg (http://s630.photobucket.com/user/benleaman/media/Permanent/19471_zps977dec46.jpg.html)

Stubby...

edit: yes I do realize that it deletes the storage, it was a joke.

currahee
05-01-13, 21:51
Well, darn. I've been looking to change out my pistol grips, the Gunfighter was a contender but MOA+ won because of the matching RVG (and cost.)

I like the cant, it seems it might make it easier to park it on a barrier. I would not object to losing the storage to make it a stubby, as I want as little weight forward as possible.

Magic_Salad0892
05-01-13, 23:08
For a full size VFG, I'll stick with KAC.

But if BCM would make a stubby....

I like this grip. It's all good.

nml
05-01-13, 23:37
Broom handle reference pic via 4x4 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1626849&postcount=473):

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/photo1_zpse8d6f971.jpg

duece71
05-01-13, 23:50
A short version would be much better.

foxtrotx1
05-02-13, 01:26
It's unfortunate that you need to sacrifice (hacksaw) the storage capability to bring this to a practical length, however without hands on, I'm just speculating.

grunz
05-02-13, 01:35
I'm guessing there may be a Mod1 stubby, no?

Watrdawg
05-02-13, 07:12
If it were in a stubby version I'd seriously think aobut it. As is, its way too long.

C4IGrant
05-02-13, 07:16
Stubby version is in the works (have already seen it).

C4

RelliK
05-02-13, 07:17

C4

sweet.

Wolverine6G
05-02-13, 07:33
Thanks for the inside track Grant.

markm
05-02-13, 07:47
A short version would be much better.

Yeah. I hate anything on my bottom handguard, but I have no idea why any full shaft versions are being introduced anymore. :confused:

Chrisfb
05-02-13, 07:50

C4

Nice. I'm changing a few things around over time and will hold out to get a look at this.

SWThomas
05-02-13, 08:06
Looks cool. But I'll stick with the Troy Modular.

davidjinks
05-02-13, 08:15
This is just too easy to make sooooo many jokes about...

Yeah. I hate anything on my bottom handguard, but I have no idea why any full shaft versions are being introduced anymore. :confused:

I'm interested in the 5° angle deal.

Would you mind giving a little more insight, MM, to this:

"The slight angle helps lock the hand higher up on the grip where it transitions to the rail."

I use a VFG more for a handstop and barrier support more than anything else. Is that the context that you're describing or more of a gripping the VFG and pulling the weapon into you?

markm
05-02-13, 08:19
This is just too easy to make sooooo many jokes about...

I did that intentionally. :p

Back on topic... I can kinda tollerate the Tango Down stubby that Iraqgunz runs on some of his guns... Since you only grab the base of the shaft, there's no need to take all 4 inches. :confused:

davidjinks
05-02-13, 08:21
WOW!

I'm lol'ing...

I did that intentionally. :p

Back on topic... I can kinda tollerate the Tango Down stubby that Iraqgunz runs on some of his guns... Since you only grab the base of the shaft, there's no need to take all 4 inches. :confused:

skijunkie55
05-02-13, 08:39
... Since you only grab the base of the shaft, there's no need to take all 4 inches. :confused:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

oy vey

Atg336
05-02-13, 08:55
I'll probably wait for the short version from BCM. Don't like my rifle looking like Pinhead - too many snag points and clutter with long proboscis attached to it.

I was looking for a short VFG a while ago and I considered the Magpul version and the Tango Down, until suddenly the light bulb lit up - I pulled a hacksaw job on my AFG and got the best of both worlds and reduced weight off the front end of the rifle. I just couldn't justify the TD price and I heard that the Magpul version isn't as secure.

With the hacksaw job, there is plenty of surface contact w/the rail so its more secure and it has a low profile. Hand position is just right too.

CrazyFingers
05-02-13, 10:58
markm

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/ShinyYellowTruck/archer-phrasing.jpg

But on a more serious note, I guess the odds of BCM making a variant for direct attachment to MOE handguards is about nil, eh?

C4IGrant
05-02-13, 11:44
markm

But on a more serious note, I guess the odds of BCM making a variant for direct attachment to MOE handguards is about nil, eh?

About zero, but I bet you see one interface the Key Mod slots in the future.

C4

Littlelebowski
05-02-13, 12:03

With storage?

Littlelebowski
05-02-13, 12:03
Since you only grab the base of the shaft, there's no need to take all 4 inches. :confused:

Seriously, you really need to start watching Archer :D

C4IGrant
05-02-13, 12:20
With storage?

Yes.

C4

foxtrotx1
05-02-13, 12:40
I think my girlfriend would use that grip more than me.

davidjinks
05-02-13, 12:43
I'm pretty sure if mark starting watching Archer, it'd be a whole lot worse.

WickedWillis
05-02-13, 13:06
What about a angled foregrip.....

militarymoron
05-02-13, 14:24
I'm interested in the 5° angle deal.

Would you mind giving a little more insight, MM, to this:

"The slight angle helps lock the hand higher up on the grip where it transitions to the rail."

I use a VFG more for a handstop and barrier support more than anything else. Is that the context that you're describing or more of a gripping the VFG and pulling the weapon into you?

yes - if you hand is partly on the handguard and fore grip, the slight forward angle helps 'lock' the hand in place when you're exerting some rearward force. the more you pull back, the more your hand is driven to that corner.

davidjinks
05-02-13, 14:28
Excellent, thank you.

If there is a stub y version to be released will that one also have the 5° angle incorporated into it?

Thank you again for the answers.

yes - if you hand is partly on the handguard and fore grip, the slight forward angle helps 'lock' the hand in place when you're exerting some rearward force. the more you pull back, the more your hand is driven to that corner.

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-13, 14:28

I Netflixed that show today for the first time, and just got through the first two episodes.

Wow. I feel like a void from my life has just been filled.

fourXfour
05-02-13, 17:05
I Netflixed that show today for the first time, and just got through the first two episodes.

Wow. I feel like a void from my life has just been filled.

Archer is the greatest show. I have almost all the shows on iTunes. I catch myself picking up on new jokes each time I re-watch it.

HeliPilot
05-02-13, 19:49
No go for me. Honestly, I hate the look of that thing.

gun71530
05-02-13, 20:00
I would be interested in the stubby version. I have no use for the full size personally.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Shiz
06-05-13, 11:17
Interesting. I am not sure of the benefits of the 5% cant, but it would be interesting to play with.

Although I would get the shorter one.

If they would only make some sort of bipod mechanism that popped out of the bottom. :no: (eew, even joking that made me cringe)

blockagent
07-03-13, 12:52
I wonder if the 5 degree cant is enough that if used in the angled to the front position, would cause the rifle to point down if pressed against a flat barrier such as a brick wall or the side of a truck bed.

That would be a deal breaker for me.

Airhasz
07-03-13, 18:46
No go for me. Honestly, I hate the look of that thing.

Bingo...

sinlessorrow
08-21-13, 01:18
It's unfortunate that you need to sacrifice (hacksaw) the storage capability to bring this to a practical length, however without hands on, I'm just speculating.

Practical is subjective.

I am not a tumb over kinda guy, for me I cant stand it. This grip is THE grip for my preferences. The 5* forward tilt just makes it so much better.

Best VFG out.

WS6
08-21-13, 05:56

C4
My BCM pistol grip has the same type or storage. It's see-through and definitely thus not waterproof. Is this one redesigned so that it seals water, etc. Out?

CLJ94104
10-10-13, 18:12
Just got the short BCM VFG installed on my BCM AR. I LOVE IT!!

WS6
10-10-13, 18:14
Just got the short BCM VFG installed on my BCM AR. I LOVE IT!!

I plan on following up when they come out in FDE. Shouldn't take long, I hope.

WickedWillis
10-10-13, 18:28
Hmm they had them listed and available on Monday when I saw the shorties were now available.
I lied!!!! Right here: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUN-FIGHTER-s-Vertical-Grip-SHORT-FDE-p/bcm-vg-s-fde.htm

I plan on following up when they come out in FDE. Shouldn't take long, I hope.

britishtq
10-13-13, 00:21
I like how it's a little angled.

WS6
10-13-13, 00:59
Hmm they had them listed and available on Monday when I saw the shorties were now available.
I lied!!!! Right here: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUN-FIGHTER-s-Vertical-Grip-SHORT-FDE-p/bcm-vg-s-fde.htm

Bastard. The one night I forget my credit card at home. Ordering in the am! :)
(Yeah, I'm hungry, too. Stole some peanuts from a coworker. Not proud of that, but the public confession here helps.)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-13-13, 03:16
Price is $45 to $50 correct? What am I missing here? A BCM Gunfighter Mod 0 PG and MOE VFG cost less combined than this does, and that goes for the stubby version which has less materials and storage capability. Whats driving the price up this high?

Wake27
10-13-13, 10:29
Price is $45 to $50 correct? What am I missing here? A BCM Gunfighter Mod 0 PG and MOE VFG cost less combined than this does, and that goes for the stubby version which has less materials and storage capability. Whats driving the price up this high?

Good question. I already bought one but it was high for a VFG. Isn't the TD one priced similarly though?

WS6
10-13-13, 10:38
I think that the Gunfighter grip will work great for me. It appears very similar to the Magpul RVG which I like for the "thumb-break" (or whatever you prefer to term it) method of shooting, yet a vertical VFG is more prone to "slipping off" of my shin or other things that I hook it against when shooting 1-handed with the rifle. The slight angle (if mounted swept back) looks like it would hook onto your ankle, or whatever you were pulling/tensioning against when shooting 1-handed. I may be all wrong, but it looks like this could really tighten a shooting position up allowing you to pull straight back on the rifle rather than pushing to the object and pulling back, to keep it from "slipping off".

mikeith
10-13-13, 16:15
For me the stubby vert grip will solve all my needs! I've been wanting somthing a little steeper than than the afg but not rvg steep. The grip I've found works best for me is a mid extended half c-grip, 2 fingers wrapped around the rail and two curled down the vert grip and I feel that this will be an ideal fit. Along with the mod 3 grip i ordered

Quiet Riot
10-15-13, 05:30
The BCM Vertical Grip Short is my current favorite VFG for my style of shooting. Bravo Company USA really thought this through and came out with a grip that occupies its niche alone.

The 5º angle is just enough to ease pressure on my fingers while still feeling like a vertical grip. Its design also creates a nice transition from the handguard to the grip for those that use VFGs as handstops, like I do.

The only nit picky thing I can say about it is that the hinge roll pin sticks out on both sides and is a little pokey on your hand when run angled-forward. I won't be using it that way, but it is something that I noticed that I didn't think was big enough a deal to put in the video.

I compare the BCM to a Magpul RVG on two nearly identical uppers to show the improvements Bravo Company has made in a few important areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPQG2BhakWs

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-15-13, 05:40
Great video. When my wife unfreezes my accounts, I'd like to pick one up.

ESK
10-15-13, 07:21
Nice Video, Great comparison. Well produced.

mikeith
10-15-13, 11:02
The BCM Vertical Grip Short is my current favorite VFG for my style of shooting. Bravo Company USA really thought this through and came out with a grip that occupies its niche alone.

The 5º angle is just enough to ease pressure on my fingers while still feeling like a vertical grip. Its design also creates a nice transition from the handguard to the grip for those that use VFGs as handstops, like I do.

The only nit picky thing I can say about it is that the hinge roll pin sticks out on both sides and is a little pokey on your hand when run angled-forward. I won't be using it that way, but it is something that I noticed that I didn't think was big enough a deal to put in the video.

I compare the BCM to a Magpul RVG on two nearly identical uppers to show the improvements Bravo Company has made in a few important areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPQG2BhakWs

Great video review! it's good to see people beating up the issue of wanting a direct keymod mount version since i'm hoping highly for that as well!!

BTL BRN
10-15-13, 11:52
I like how the slight angle sounds; I think I will try one out once the Keymod system is available.