PDA

View Full Version : Finds or Buys where you "lucked out"

Doc Safari
05-02-13, 10:25
I just bought a Vickers VCAS off eBay. I wanted this one because it was one of the older ones that still came with the quick detach buckle. IMHO they never should have spun that feature off as a separate purchase.

Well, I got my sling. It was new in package just as advertised.

Lo, and behold: the seller had included a brand-new looking Surefire GP flashlight in the bag! I don't know if that was an oversight on his part, like maybe he was storing that sling in his bugout bag or something. Or maybe the guy was just overly generous (unlikely).

Anyway, the flashlight worked perfectly. I replaced the incandescent head with an LED head from my spares box.

I got a near-new looking tactical flashlight for Free-ninety-nine.

Can't beat that.

nimdabew
05-02-13, 10:31
I found a Leupold Mk4 CQB for about $250 in LNIB condition. Flipped it in about two hours for a $150 profit IIRC.

AKDoug
05-02-13, 10:35
I think I would have contacted the guy, but that's just me.

My only unexpected find was three rounds of green tip 5.56 in a pocket of a ECWCS jacket I got off Ebay.

Skyyr
05-02-13, 10:38
Brand new Nightforce NXS 3-15x50 for $399. Seriously.

Doc Safari
05-02-13, 10:52
I think I would have contacted the guy, but that's just me.

I actually emailed the guy, but he hasn't responded yet. I'd try to make it fair to him if he wants it back, but I'm not going to offer him full price or anything.

nimdabew
05-02-13, 10:53
Brand new Nightforce NXS 3-15x50 for $399. Seriously.

No way. Was it from an online retailer?

ReaperAZ
05-02-13, 10:59
I got 14 nuggets in my 12 count at Chick-fil-A last night. Woohoo!:dance3:

Spurholder
05-02-13, 11:00
Quite a few of us here have jumped on the ACU-pattern bag deals at LBT. I picked up a huge rolling gear bag (big enough to put all three of my kids inside) for $73 shipped.

You can still get the next size smaller bag for about the same coin.

http://lbtinc.com/index.php/bags-backpacks-packs/bags/load-out-bags.html

Skyyr
05-02-13, 11:10
No way. Was it from an online retailer?

Nah, was doing some trades with a guy and he just wanted to get rid of it. I think he had gotten it for a build as part of some in-store credit or something at a LGS and then decided to go a different direction. I don't think even he realized what they usually sell for.

mnoe82
05-02-13, 11:36
Got a MEC shotgun relaoding press for 30 bucks at a pawn shop.

Same shop, different day, got a Nikon rangefinder for 30 bucks.

Traded a 100 dollar 1-4 scope in a LaRue mount for a NIB Aimpoint T1 in a DD mount. Came out about 200 ahead on that one.

brickboy240
05-02-13, 11:37
This happened many years ago...but I still laugh about it.

Back in the early 90s hey day when military surplus bolt action rifles were coming in to our country and were cheap and everywhere, a ratty local pawn shop had quite a collection of them that got turned in for money when people hit hard times or got sick of them.

In the end of the rack...sitting all covered in dust...were three odd and old Mauser variants that had been in the shop for a very long time.

One had a hang tag that was faded and read, "old Mexican rifle $250.00"

I asked to see it and the guy behind the counter laughed. He said the thing had been in his shop for years and nobody bought it because it probably shot ammo that was not made anymore. He also hinted that because it had the Republic of Mexico stamped on the receiver...it was probably unsafe crap.

I told him I'd give him 200 bucks cash for the old thing and tried to keep calm. He sort of snickered and took my money and I filled out the BATF form and took it home.

Well, what I bought was a 1913 Mexican Arisaka Long Rifle in 7x57mm Mauser. Yes...MEXICAN Arisaka...not Japanese.

Back in 1913, the Mexican govt. contracted the Japanese to build Arisaka long rifles (much like the WWII Japanese Type 38) for the Mexican govt. When the Mexicans defaulted on paying the Japanese for most of the rifles...the Japanese stopped making them. These 7mm Arisakas were only made in the year 1913. They are almost identical to the Type 38 Japanese Arisaka of WWII fame except they have the crest of the eagle and snake and "Republic of Mexico" on the receiver ring and they chamber the 7x57mm round.

This is a HIGHLY desirable Arisaka variant and many collectors have never seen one in the flesh. My estimates at the time had the approximate value of the rifle at about 2,500 dollars!

I have never shot the rifle, but although it shows lots of honest wear, the bore is serviceable and it will cycle 7x57 ammo as it should.

So I basically was laughed at by an unknowing pawn shop owner and paid him 200 bucks for a rare rifle worth about 2500 bucks!

How is that for a "find?"

I swear...I never get this lucky and never have since then.

The rifle still sits in my safe and I plan on keeping it forever. I have only taken it out a few times and showed very few people.

-brickboy240

MaceWindu
05-02-13, 11:51
1 yr ago:

100 rounds fired, Glock 17C 3rd Gen, (3) 17 round magzines, Night Sights and Glock case: $275...:D

Almost ripped my pocket trying to get the cash out fast enough.

MW

a0cake
05-02-13, 12:06
Brand new Atilla-200 IR laser for 500 bucks. This is a $3-4K item. Then it got confiscated by the Department of Homeland Security. Serious.

Mac5.56
05-02-13, 12:13
Got my Eotech XPS2 for $350 cash new in box, got a Nagant for $80 cash at a barn sale with all the original field equipment (including the go-nogo firing pin gauge).

The second one isn't that big of a deal for last summer, but in this market is a ****ing miracle.

Alex V
05-02-13, 12:14
I've only gotten race car parts for a great price, never lucked out on anything firearms related...

Brand new Atilla-200 IR laser for 500 bucks. This is a $3-4K item. Then it got confiscated by the Department of Homeland Security. Serious.

Think it was a setup?

Mac5.56
05-02-13, 12:16
The rifle still sits in my safe and I plan on keeping it forever. I have only taken it out a few times and showed very few people.

-brickboy240

This is a totally kick ass find! Way to go buddy. I love when I hear stories like this.

maximus83
05-02-13, 12:19
Found a good deal on a Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm at Primary Arms, it's been about two years ago. I'd have to look up my invoice, but I remember at the time they were running $200 to as much as $300 less than I was seeing on most of the popular optics sites. No gimmicks either: it was brand new, unopened, worked great.

Doc Safari
05-02-13, 12:49

You gotta do a thread on this just to warn other people.

Crow Hunter
05-02-13, 13:02
I decided several years ago that I wanted a lever action .22 but I wanted a carbine. I tried to find a Marlin mountie but couldn't, I happened into a Winchester 9422 with a 16" bbl at a Kentucky gun store.

I bought it for around $300. I shot it a couple of times and took it squirrel hunting one time. Way too loud and if felt too tiny to me. So it sat in the back of my safe for a few years. I dug it out one day and decided to put it on Gunbroker and hoped I could get close to my money back out of it since it was nearly new.

It went for $780. :eek:

SteyrAUG
05-02-13, 13:05
Not sure if I would classify it at "lucked out" so much as "unexpected."

When I was about 12 years old I was fascinated by anything WWII and collected uniforms, decorations, field gear and firearms. My grandparents knew quite a few people who served and were willing to provide me with items they didn't value highly or had nobody to leave them too.

In one case a woman had a uniform of a person that was killed in action. She had kept it for 40 odd years because she couldn't bring herself to throw it away but she also didn't know what to do with it. She seemed content to give it to somebody who seemed like they would value it.

Personally I was thrilled, it was a complete Ike jacket uniform with shirt, tie, garrison cap and everything. Even had a few interesting decorations on the ribbon bar. Even at 12 I knew not to ask too many questions about a KIA individual and I noted the purple heart ribbon and kept things respectful and grateful.

It was about 20 years later when organizing my collection and putting things in various footlockers that I happened to open a jacket pocket and out dropped a simple engagement ring. Didn't take much to figure out that she had lost her fiance during the war and placed the ring in his uniform pocket. I don't think I can quite describe the sinking feeling of the realization but some of the "fun, cool and neat" escaped from a few of my items.

When I was 12 I didn't seem to grasp that many of these items represented lives forever changed and sometimes destroyed by the war.

ReaperAZ
05-02-13, 13:11
Not sure if I would classify it at "lucked out" so much as "unexpected."

When I was about 12 years old I was fascinated by anything WWII and collected uniforms, decorations, field gear and firearms. My grandparents knew quite a few people who served and were willing to provide me with items they didn't value highly or had nobody to leave them too.

In one case a woman had a uniform of a person that was killed in action. She had kept it for 40 odd years because she couldn't bring herself to throw it away but she also didn't know what to do with it. She seemed content to give it to somebody who seemed like they would value it.

Personally I was thrilled, it was a complete Ike jacket uniform with shirt, tie, garrison cap and everything. Even had a few interesting decorations on the ribbon bar. Even at 12 I knew not to ask too many questions about a KIA individual and I noted the purple heart ribbon and kept things respectful and grateful.

It was about 20 years later when organizing my collection and putting things in various footlockers that I happened to open a jacket pocket and out dropped a simple engagement ring. Didn't take much to figure out that she had lost her fiance during the war and placed the ring in his uniform pocket. I don't think I can quite describe the sinking feeling of the realization but some of the "fun, cool and neat" escaped from a few of my items.

When I was 12 I didn't seem to grasp that many of these items represented lives forever changed and sometimes destroyed by the war.

Oh man, surely unexpected. The gravity of that would weigh pretty heavily if as a child one was able to understand what the meaning behind that was. That would certainly cast a differnt light on the item.

SteyrAUG
05-02-13, 13:14
Oh man, surely unexpected. The gravity of that would weigh pretty heavily if as a child one was able to understand what the meaning behind that was. That would certainly cast a differnt light on the item.

Thankfully when I was a kid I never opened that pocket and simply had a really awesome Ike jacket.

THCDDM4
05-02-13, 13:17
3 Weeks ago I picked up an industrial/commercial glycol chiller (For draft/kegging systems) with lots of extra parts that is worth well over $10K- I picked it up for $2,500.00 on craigslist + $350.00 to transport it. Looking through the parts briefly I think they are worth right around $1-$2K alone; but haven't had the time to price them out...

^I was so stoked when I showed up to view the system- it was immacualte and not needing any repair work.

Gun related- about a year or two ago now- I picked up a SAS M-7 Classic underfolder W/5K Russian surplus and lots of parts/extras for $1,000.00. The guy wanted $1,300.00- but I offered $1K and he took it. Not the deal of the century by any means, but a solid pruchase price for such a great rifle- that looked relatively unfired.

I had a big smile on my face when I came home and showed my wife that day!

jklaughrey
05-02-13, 13:22
Few years back while at a yard sale with the wife I came across a lady selling some ammunition that belonged to her late husband. There was a box of. 45ACP WW 50ct. She had it listed for 8.00$. I don't shoot .45 but my father does. I paid her and she said hold on I'll get the rest. She came back with 9 more boxes. 500 rounds for 8 bucks... WINNING!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Doc Safari
05-02-13, 13:27
During the 94 Assault Weapons ban I bought a bag of old 30-round M16 mags off a guy who looked and dressed the part of the Vietnam vet. He had a table at a flea market, and most of his items were old clothes and motorcycle stuff. Sure, the finish was pretty worn on most of them, but IIRC all but one of the mags was good. There were 30 in all. I paid a dollar each for them.

Later, as the panic after the ban really got going, I turned around and sold them to a gun shop for $5.00 each and they were ecstatic they got them for that.

jmnielsen
05-02-13, 13:34
Traded a DPMS lower for a benelli nova tactical a couple months ago

Moltke
05-02-13, 13:42
I wish this was me but a friend of mine dated some girl for a short time who traded him a used Blade DVD for a Sig P226 9mm a while after they split up. I guess she really liked the movie?

Packman73
05-02-13, 14:08
I bought a complete LMT SBR upper once with a Vltor LPGB for $300. When I got home I realized it had a Colt BCG and PRI gas busting CH. in it. I was pretty pleased.

*Forgot to add that it also came with Magpul MBUS F&R too for that price.

Crow Hunter
05-02-13, 15:07
Couple back years ago (1998 or so) I had forgotten.

Polytech AKS 762 Galil style folder and 1,000 rounds of Norinco Steel Core ball and 6 magazines for....

$300

Bought it from a guy I worked with who I had mentioned to that I always wanted an AK, I was so excited I was literally nearly throwing up, I went home sick from work and shot it in the back yard. :D

I also got an IMI Mini-Uzi carbine and 6 IMI 32 rd magazines for $1,200. Not quite as great a deal, but it was great for me as a military firearms nut single engineer with no social life.:D

I turned down an HK SP 89, 5 magazines and a forward grip for $1,400 though....:suicide:

kmrtnsn
05-02-13, 15:12
So far nothing has topped, at least for me, the killer deal Midway had on R-1's a couple of years ago. I should have bought a half dozen of them and not just one.

Arik
05-02-13, 15:31
Within the last year.

S&W model 36 snubby. Pinned barrel, good condition $200

Very clean S&W 5946 NYPD. No mag safety with 4 mags $250

Colt 6721 HBar $650

3 months ago. Austrian proof G19 almost new. $300

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-13, 15:44
My friend went to somebody's house to buy a handgun. I think it was a S&W M&P or something, and when he opened the box, there was also a small vibrator inside. :cool:

Moltke
05-02-13, 15:45
Was the box buzzing?

Doc Safari
05-02-13, 15:55
My friend went to somebody's house to buy a handgun. I think it was a S&W M&P or something, and when he opened the box, there was also a small vibrator inside. :cool:

LOL--talk about "more bang for the buck." :lol:

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-13, 16:08
Was the box buzzing?

Yes. I was there. I was handling the box, and when I dropped it we started hearing buzzing.

We checked our phones (I always keep it on silent.) and we eventually realized that it was the box with the gun in it.

We opened it up, and there was the gun, and next to it was a little pink vibrator. Buzzing away.

:lol::dance3:

Moltke
05-02-13, 16:18
Holy crap thats hilarious. I hope it was immediately regifted.

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-13, 16:24
Holy crap thats hilarious. I hope it was immediately regifted.

Yeah, we use it to terrorize eachother. And yet, I don't think any of us have washed it... (There's four of us who regularly use it to mess with the others.)

This event happened about two years ago, by the way, and I last saw the Pink Predetor (our name for it) about a month ago.

This is actually the exact reason why I loved the part in No Easy Day where they talk about the Staff of Power or whatever they called it.

nimdabew
05-02-13, 16:32
Yes. I was there. I was handling the box, and when I dropped it we started hearing buzzing.

We checked our phones (I always keep it on silent.) and we eventually realized that it was the box with the gun in it.

We opened it up, and there was the gun, and next to it was a little pink vibrator. Buzzing away.

:lol::dance3:

That would make a dark man blush.

Moose-Knuckle
05-02-13, 16:49
Quite a few of us here have jumped on the ACU-pattern bag deals at LBT. I picked up a huge rolling gear bag (big enough to put all three of my kids inside) for $73 shipped.

You can still get the next size smaller bag for about the same coin.

http://lbtinc.com/index.php/bags-backpacks-packs/bags/load-out-bags.html

I got on this deal early on; picked up $1K worth of 1000d Cordura constructed USA made bags for $99.

Other than that . . .

When I graduated high school I was given a Mini-14. I sold said Mini-14 at a gun show some years later for $450 and went one aisle over and bought a NIB Arsenal SLR-105R for $450. I've been offered three and four times that for the rifle as they are no longer being imported.

I was fortunate enough to get on the deal Arsenal ran a few years back when they had there SGL21-61s (Russian Izhmash factory Saigas) for $499.

I have an uncle who is retired and was cleaning out one of his gun safes. He sold me a NIB SA M1A that is 99% USGI (parts verified via M4C's very own M14 guru Different) for $900 and threw in a hundred rounds of 7.62 NATO and thirteen mags for it. Same uncle also out and right gave me a Browning Hi-Power Practical that he had never shot just laying in the back of the same safe.

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-13, 17:10
Arsenal SLR-105R for $450.

I'm jealous.

THCDDM4
05-02-13, 17:28
I got on this deal early on; picked up $1K worth of 1000d Cordura constructed USA made bags for $99.

Other than that . . .

When I graduated high school I was given a Mini-14. I sold said Mini-14 at a gun show some years later for $450 and went one aisle over and bought a NIB Arsenal SLR-105R for $450. I've been offered three and four times that for the rifle as they are no longer being imported.

I was fortunate enough to get on the deal Arsenal ran a few years back when they had there SGL21-61s (Russian Izhmash factory Saigas) for $499.

I have an uncle who is retired and was cleaning out one of his gun safes. He sold me a NIB SA M1A that is 99% USGI (parts verified via M4C's very own M14 guru Different) for $900 and threw in a hundred rounds of 7.62 NATO and thirteen mags for it. Same uncle also out and right gave me a Browning Hi-Power Practical that he had never shot just laying in the back of the same safe.

Dang-o man. Some good scores right there...

nml
05-02-13, 19:44
I wish this was me but a friend of mine dated some girl for a short time who traded him a used Blade DVD for a Sig P226 9mm a while after they split up.WTF I want to break up with her too.

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-13, 19:46
I wish this was me but a friend of mine dated some girl for a short time who traded him a used Blade DVD for a Sig P226 9mm a while after they split up. I guess she really liked the movie?

WHAT. WE GET A ****ING VIBRATOR, AND YOUR FRIEND SCORES A SIG OFF OF A BLADE DVD?!

/thread

jaxman7
05-02-13, 20:25
A guy on here recently started a thread in the Tactical Gear sub forum that had new Danner RAT boots for $40 I think. Major score. Should have bought another pair.

I do outside sales for my business. About 2 months ago I was visiting one of our customers and noticed he had a flashlight on his desk. I asked him if that was his and his reply was that someone gave it to him. Told him I'd give him $40 for it. The light was an M600A Scout with clicky cap. Already had an LX2 head so basically got an M600C light for $40.

-Jax

DragonDoc
05-02-13, 20:26
I lucked into a M&P 10 at Bud's Police Supply for $1099. That is $500 less than anywhere else.

Don Robison
05-02-13, 20:35
I bought a LNIB S&W 696 no dash a couple of years ago at a pawn shop for $400 out the door. I always thought they were a cool revolver and I couldn't beat 50% off the going rate.

Ryno12
05-02-13, 20:52
Not a find or buy but a "lucked out"... I won grand prize at Brownells "30 Days of Thanks" sweepstakes last Nov. The prize was an EOTech XPS2-0. Of course, the crappy part about it was I had to join Facebook. It was the first & last time I logged on.

Sent via Tapatalk

HES
05-02-13, 21:17
For me my "lucked out" was when I was selling my boat. Carolian Skiff Sea Chaster Catamaran 23' with twin Yamaha 115 4 strokes. It was in mint condition. It also had twin 82 gallon tanks. I had just gotten laid off from AT&T and though gas was going for about $1 per gallon, I felt it was going to shoot up. So I listed it at a price that would cover the note and then some and I wouldn't be taking a loss. One day out of the blue a buyer offered me what I was asking for. Didn't even want a sea trial. Should have played the lotto that weekend.

Pork Chop
05-02-13, 22:17
My brother in law, who no longer reloads, gave me a box at Christmas time and inside was 4 sets of Hornady dies, various tools, a scale and ...........wait for it.............20 fricken full boxes of primers! I about shit! That's like $700 worth of primers!
I'm like "Dude, let me at least pay you SOMETHING?" He refused and said just take him shooting once in a while.

ucrt
05-02-13, 23:25

Years ago, for several years, I was eyeing a beautiful new Colt Sauer .270 bolt action at a local gun shop. Every 4-5 months they would up their price to the new retail price.

I went by one morning and the shop had been robbed. The robber was dumping guns into a shopping buggy but was greedily still grabbing guns when the cops arrived. He had scratched and scuffed several new guns. The guys at the shop told me what had happened and they were selling the scuffed & scratched gun at cost. The robber didn't damage anything that I liked but I asked about the Sauer. It had a few small marking for being on the shelf for years...but was still beautiful.

I told them they had had the Colt Sauer for a couple of years and it hadn't sold. Why not blame the robber for the scuffs and sell it to me at costs to get rid of it??

Then, the current retail was $800 but they never updated the wholesale price. They gave me the wholesale price from when they bought it years before.
They told me $275 for the Colt. I had to bite my tongue to not sound excited but I said, "Welll...I guess...I'll take it."

I was happy camper.

AKDoug
05-02-13, 23:35
I've been having a good year. I also got in on that London Bridge bag deal. $99 for two HUGE bags. My wife even agreed it was a smoking deal.

Not as great of a deal, but that Vertex 40% coupon scored me some good pants.

I went to an auction and bought three pallets of stuff. Wrapped in white shrink wrap I could only see a paint shaker I needed for my store. I won the pallets for $500, which was 1/4 the price of a new paint shaker. In the pallets was another paint shaker, a complete 150,000 BTU boiler, a boiler-mate hot water maker, boxes of o-rings, and air/oil filters that fit a popular diesel generator around here. All total about $6000 worth of stuff :D

trio
05-03-13, 10:13
I too got in on the London bridge bag deal

Best firearm deal...

7 or 8 years ago I was at the nations gun show and in a back corner was a guy with a table full of throw down guns...ravens, lorcins, crappy .22 revolvers, etc....nothing priced above $100...except

A worn Idaho State Game and Wildlife H&K P9S in .45 for $150

Bought it immediately

It needed a screw and a new buffer, but beyond that was immaculate....I sold it a few years later for many times what I paid for it

Traveshamockery
05-03-13, 10:31
This was really a mutually lucky deal. I traded a Springfield XD and a few magazines for a 9mm M&P Shield about a month after it came out and they were complete Unobtanium. He also threw in a few boxes of Golden Saber 9 ammo.

He got what he wanted and so did I.

ShortytheFirefighter
05-03-13, 15:46
I was shooting with a friend of mine who had purchased a Bushmaster .450 a year before at a gun show. He'd only fired it 2 or 3 times in the time that he'd owned it, I'd been there for each time and there were fewer than 100 rounds through it with a decent Leupold scope. After our shooting session, he said that he didn't shoot it enough and he was going to see what the shop would offer him for the rifle. For the complete rifle, scope, 3 boxes of Hornady ammo (100 bucks or so right there) they were going to offer him $475 and he was going to take it.

I dragged him back from the counter and told him I'd give him 500 bucks right there for it. He said yes, I went home with a new Bushmaster .450. I sold the rifle later on for 1200 sans scope and bought an HK45c and a few goodies for my LMT. The Leupold is sitting on top of a 10-22 at the moment. It's overscoped but lots of fun to shoot.

The Sig for the Blade DVD wins the thread so far I think.

ddnguyen9
05-03-13, 16:23
An close buddy of mine purchased a Remington 870P and wanted to get rid of it because he didn't have the space of it. He probably shot a box of 25 shells through it. He let it go for a mere $300. I offered him more, but he didn't want it. Needless to say, I went to the ATM right away and we went to do the DROs.

halo2304
05-03-13, 19:27
I picked up some Nill grips for a Sig P228/9...for $20! They were used and showed it but... Did I mention the $20 part? :p

ShortytheFirefighter
05-06-13, 15:49
An close buddy of mine purchased a Remington 870P and wanted to get rid of it because he didn't have the space of it. He probably shot a box of 25 shells through it. He let it go for a mere $300. I offered him more, but he didn't want it. Needless to say, I went to the ATM right away and we went to do the DROs.

That reminds me of when I got my 870P. I got a call from one of my LT's who works at a local LE supply store, they had a pallet load of them in from ND State Patrol. I got a used (but not abused) 870P with 18in barrel, full length mag and synthetic furniture for 140.

I wish I'd have been able to buy more of them at that point.

DragonDoc
05-06-13, 16:17
Surely there are more finds, deals, and great buys out there.

sandman99and9
05-06-13, 16:32
Best deal I got was at the Orlando gun show years back. It was a monsoon rain weekend and there was some huge electronics/car show going on at the same time and the gun show was dead.

I was in there on Sunday afternoon and scored a WASR AK plus a 1000 rd box of Wolf ammo for under $300

I miss that rifle since it was cheap and fun to shoot. I shot the hell out of that damn gun :)

S.M.

CoryCop25
05-06-13, 16:47

We were called to an apartment building for a suspicious noise coming from the basement. We went into the tenant's bedroom and heard the noise. We then went into the basement and the sound could be heard in the landlord's storage area. We had to have the fire department come to cut the lock off the door. We gained entry and found nothing. The noise now sounded like it was upstairs. We went back upstairs and one of the guys opened the complainant's drawer. Inside the drawer was her vibrator buzzing away..... She turned beet red and just walked out of the room. I don't think she will ever call the police for anything ever again.

Back to the thread.....

Bought a Remington 03-A3 at a yard sale in 1989 for $10.00.

Got this last week for $100.00 It was our old duty pistol before we went to Glock in 2007. 1995 Sig 228....

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CoryCop25/Guns/null_zps1d6e1805.jpg (http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/CoryCop25/media/Guns/null_zps1d6e1805.jpg.html)

Doc Safari
05-06-13, 16:49
You just reminded me: a few months before he died my dad sold me his second generation Glock 19 for $100.

He just never could warm up to the plastic pistol.

polydeuces
05-06-13, 17:18
Few months back, "someone" on this forum sold me a new unfired 12.5" VLTOR/Noveske barrel with VLTOR GB & FH, knowing exactly what it was, for $210......(you know who you are......;))

I'm still smiling.

Crow Hunter
05-06-13, 18:38
Surely there are more finds, deals, and great buys out there.

This was kind of like a "reverse find".

I traded my Mossberg 590 (not A1) that had been sitting under a couch in a spare bedroom when we had a leak and the heat shield had rusted on one side to a dealer straight up for a brand new Bushmaster full size "A4" model with a removable carry handle.

He had a look on his face like he had gotten something special and he was pulling a "fast one" on me.:p

I was expecting to have to add some boot but I didn't complain when he said he would take an even trade, even if it was a Bushmaster.:D

ForTehNguyen
05-06-13, 19:39
bought a Kimber Tactical Custom II for $650 used, minor wear, never had a problem with it. I almost got a Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull for $450. I was a tad too slow

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-06-13, 19:54
Couple months ago I got 11 Colt mags for $55. Come to think of it, a couple of them were Okay Industries mags but $5 a piece post Sandy Hook was a steal. They have the tilty followers but all function just fine.

I also got a butt load of .223/5.56 ammo for cheap from the same person. A friend of his family died unexpectedly and the widow just wanted the guns and related stuff GONE.

JoshNC
05-06-13, 23:28
HK SP89 that was mechanically LNIB but with some external scuffs and dings for $2800 back around 2007. Included two mags, HK marked mp5k shoulder rig, and a laser that mounted to the cocking tube. I sold the shoulder rig and laser and was into the SP89 for about $2500.

Doc Safari
05-17-13, 17:06
BTW: The guy on eBay still hasn't emailed me back on whether sending me that flashlight was a mistake and he wants it back. Given eBay's strict rules, I kinda consider it mine, now. :D

chuckman
05-17-13, 18:24
Vintage WWII leather flight jacket. $35.

JoshNC
05-17-13, 19:20
An acquaintence of mine picked up a barely used all original Colt SP-1 rifle for $350 about six years ago. A gent dropped it off at a friend's shop on consignment, where it sat for a few months. Finally he told the owner he needed to sell it ASAP, another guy in the shop offered $350....deal accepted.

Don Robison
05-17-13, 20:01
I wouldn't call it a smoking deal, but it was a good find and a good deal. I just picked up a 1973 Marlin 1894 Octagon for $525. They only made 2957 of them and only marketed them in 1973. A 20" Octagon barrel .44mag; what's not to like.
The Cowboy series all have the cross bolt safety.

Littlelebowski
05-18-13, 06:58
Traded a Glock 26 and $200 cash for an Azec built Imbel FAL with 27 mags and 1k rounds of surp ammo.

crusader377
05-18-13, 09:10
1953 Marlin 39, .22 lever action rifle in excellent condition: Free

Received it from one of my father's best friends whose own son didn't want it.