PDA

View Full Version : AR-10 vs LR-308 Mags?

newarowner
03-27-08, 22:20
I'm new to the big bore ARs so I have a question....are LR-308 (DPMS) and AR-10 (Armalite) magazines interchangable? Thanks!

Pullo
03-28-08, 07:28
Unfortunatly No, the AR-10 mags are a variant of the m14 and do not interchange with DPMS.
However .308 versions of the DPMS, P.O.F,and SR-25, and
upcoming Magpul- Bushmaster .308 all interchange.

newarowner
03-28-08, 18:21
Thanks! So, did I understand you right... Magpul will be making their own "Pmags" in 308 for their (bushmaster's) ACR variant??? That would truely be good news!!!

Thanks again.

SHIVAN
03-28-08, 18:26
Thanks! So, did I understand you right... Magpul will be making their own "Pmags" in 308 for their (bushmaster's) ACR variant??? That would truely be good news!!!

Thanks again.

As of SHOT, Bushmaster did not purchase to rights to .308.

I think .308 PMAGS are just speculation at this time, as Magpul will not confirm ongoing projects that have not been announced officially.

Pullo
03-29-08, 03:37
To clarify what I said.
Bushmaster and Magpul are making there own .308 version of the Masada, that will take the DPMS .308 mags.

SHIVAN
03-29-08, 09:34
To clarify what I said, Bushmaster did not buy the rights to the Massoud (.308 Masada)...

Unless that has changed since two or three weeks ago, then your information is not accurate in regards to Bushmaster's involvement in the .308 rifle.

Alaskapopo
03-29-08, 17:29
Armalite has come a long way on improving their mags. But I found they still have one problem. I found in a three gun match I was at that every time I reloaded (regardless of mag 25 and 20 rounders) with the slide locked back the top round in the magazine would pop out of the magazine causing a somewhat difficult to clear malfunction. I emailed Armalite with this problem and their response was to tell me not to insert the mag so hard. Well that is not an option as I was doing the standard push pull seating method I was trained. Their feed lips need to be improved so this is not an issue. Otherwise they feed and function fine. But Mag Pull made a magazine for the Armalite I would be very happy.
Pat

Pullo
03-30-08, 04:09
Sorry Shivan I was trying to answer nraowners magazine question, not who owns the rights to the Magpul .308.
Good to hear, I hope Magpul doesnt sell out to Bushmaster.
But they were using the DPMS/SR-25 with the Magpul Prototype.

newarowner
03-30-08, 12:33
Thanks to everyone for their info...much appreciated!