PDA

View Full Version : OHIO RESIDENTS!!!!! Bloomberg is at it in OHIO!!

ralph
05-02-13, 11:07
Have any of you been receiving call from "Mayors against illegal guns"?? I've been getting 2-3 calls a day from them..They are targeting Rob Portman for his recent vote against gun control. I figure this is a effort to sway public opinion,as Joe Manchin (D, WVa) has stated he's going to reintroduce his BC bill..just aheads up..If you can, Maybe e-mail Sen Portman and let him know you still support him..

William B.
05-02-13, 12:09
Will do. Thanks for the heads-up.

rocsteady
05-02-13, 12:49
Every little bit helps. Just sent an email thanking him for standing up for the oath that all those in our government swore when they took office.

And sent sincere hopes that him and those like him can show that Bloomberg's money can't buy America...

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-02-13, 13:32
Have done so a couple times, check out his facebook page also, he was getting hammered pretty good.

The_War_Wagon
05-02-13, 13:39
That would be, the, Coalition of Felonious Bureaucrats Opposed to the United States Constitution, would it not?

BEST to call a thing WHAT it is... :stop:

jmp45
05-02-13, 14:20
Thanks for the heads up Ralph. I was wondering when that little dictator would be targeting our fine state.

vivi00
05-02-13, 19:05
I have not received any of the calls yet, but I have emailed Senator Portman!

jpmuscle
05-02-13, 19:35
I hate that man with the fury of 1000 suns :mad:

SteveS
05-02-13, 19:42
I am terrified !!! remember Obama was reelected by a majority! No matter how small is still a majority. Lets keep it up and donate $$$ to our favorite pro gun groups and write and call our representatives .

bluejackets92fs
05-04-13, 02:51
He has already sent ATF agents to area FFL holders to try and turn over rocks with illegal transfers and such. My local FFL is one of the largest in Ohio and can confirm this.

jpmuscle
05-04-13, 02:58
You know one would think that people living in a given geographic locale would be absolutely pissed to see propaganda er I mean political commercials being played on their TVs knowing its put together at the behest of some guy in a far away place.

Or are people really this dumb? (that's a rhetorical question by the way)

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-04-13, 06:11
I havent seen or heard anything, maybe it is because I'm in a rural area of the state?

ralph
05-07-13, 17:56
I havent seen or heard anything, maybe it is because I'm in a rural area of the state?

Where I live, (Tuscarawas county) is pretty rural..and I was getting calls everyday...I may still, I don't answer anything that begins with 800,or 888....

jisco
05-18-13, 01:07
Hello, been a member for quite a while, just a little bashful. I'm a retired lineman. City of Jackson, Electric Dept. I have been calling and emailing all of my political leaders for about 5 weeks.
Here's my take on the ban situation. First, My Father was shot and killed in a local truck stop after an evening at the local dirt track. Went to eat with my older cousin. While Dad was waiting for his order, sitting at a table, 2 couples came in after closing the Moose Club. They took the next table and one smarted off to Dad. Dad said something to the guy and the guy pulled a 38 S&W from his wife's purse and shot Dad in the left eye, killing him. Here's my point, I was 17 yrs. old but to this day, I have never blamed the pistol. I'm 60 now and till see it for what it was. A drunken coward with a pistol. June 20th, 1970. In case you didn't know, a State Bill, House Bill 99 has been introduced here and it is to protect Ohioans from new Federal gun laws, that may pass. several other states have passed them. Being pushed by Buckeye Firearms and "Tenth Amendment Center, Ohio" They have a page on FB. Scott Landreth is the rep. and also on FB.HB 99 is in the State and Local Govt. Committee, and had it's 1st hearing about 2 weeks ago. The info is on the FB page that tells where to go to contact the Committee with members phone # and email. About 19 members. I've called them twice and emailed once. Contact them and tell the to SUPPORT HB 99. They need to know that we want this Bill. Senator Portman sent me an email yesterday and he is for keeping the 2nd Amendment intact. Wednesday, the Representative for Ohio's 93rd District actually called me between sessions. We talked til he had to go, and he assured me that he is pro gun and for protecting the 2nd Amendment, all the way. The votes are there, we just need to contact the Committee and tell/ask that they SUPPORT HB 99. If anyone needs help finding the website of contacts, I'm on FB off and on, most days. Type in Joe Coyan and message me. Let's not lose our chance to get the Bill passed. Thanks for your time.

Alpha Sierra
05-18-13, 05:55
Joe, thanks for the heads up from a fellow Buckeye. I will hit the phones on Monday.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-18-13, 06:18
Where I live, (Tuscarawas county) is pretty rural..and I was getting calls everyday...I may still, I don't answer anything that begins with 800,or 888....

Just over in Coshocton. Not gotten a peep.

tb-av
05-18-13, 07:23
You know one would think that people living in a given geographic locale would be absolutely pissed to see propaganda er I mean political commercials being played on their TVs knowing its put together at the behest of some guy in a far away place.

Or are people really this dumb? (that's a rhetorical question by the way)

You need to find out where the conservative media outlets are in your area. Find out which radio stations broadcast Limbaugh, Beck, etc..

email info to their program director and the morning and afternoon drive time DJs. Send them interesting web site and videos. I have had the local station here post links and announce on air links that I have read here on M4C ( thanks VooDoo6Actual --- I think I got one of yours on air ).

It doesn't hurt to send info to the local Liberal outlets but they will not air nor acknowledge it. I was sending a lot of stuff to individual local alphabet outlets and got zero response. Nor did I see any evidence of reporting or linking. Pretty sure that is dis-allowed from the top down and willfully supported from the bottom up.

Moral of the story... use and support the few media outlets we have in our favor at your local level.

Write and email the opposition. While giving Portman a pat on the back is a good thing.... the opposition needs to hear from you. Tell them you will do everything in your power to legally cost them their jobs and future livelihood... Not just their job now...but forever...

When they take our guns it will be forever. They need to understand they risk loosing forever.

jisco
05-18-13, 11:39
Joe, thanks for the heads up from a fellow Buckeye. I will hit the phones on Monday.

Sate and Local Govt. Committee. They are the ones that are holding hearings on HB99. Slow process but it passed the 1st hearing.
The state house is busy right now, working on the state budget. I've read a couple of comments that, if the Bill makes it to the Governor, he will sign it.

jisco
05-18-13, 11:43
Just over in Coshocton. Not gotten a peep.

Might try "10th Amendment Center, Ohio" on FB. Look it up and become a member. Sure won't get info in the Ohio media!!!

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-18-13, 20:32
i liked them in the past but didnt add them to the interest list or what ever it is called .

jisco
05-18-13, 21:51
Sorry, not sure whether you are referring to 10th A C, or the media. I'm with any group that can help Ohio keep the Constitution intact in Ohio.

jisco
05-18-13, 21:59
Sorry, not sure whether you are referring to 10th A C, or the media. I'm with any group that can help Ohio keep the Constitution intact in Ohio.