View Full Version : Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013

7.62WildBill
05-02-13, 11:14
"Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013

LOYALTY DAY, 2013

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

In the centuries since America broke from an empire and claimed independence, our people have come together again and again to meet the challenges of a changing world. We have reinvented our cities with advances in science and reformed our markets with new understanding of the forces that guide them. We have fought for freedom in the theater of war and expanded its reach during times of peace. We have revamped and recovered and remade ourselves anew, mindful that when times change, so must we. But with every step forward, we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding. We have held fast to the principles at our country's core: service and citizenship; courage and the common good; liberty, equality, and justice for all.

This is our Nation's heritage, and it is what we remember on Loyalty Day. It is an occasion that asks something of us as a people: to rediscover those ageless truths our Founders held to be self-evident, and to renew them in our own time. We look back to Americans who did the same, from generation to generation -- citizens who strengthened our democracy, organizers who made it broader, service members who gave everything to protect it. These patriots and pioneers remind us that while our path to a more perfect Union is unending, with hope and hard work, we can move forward together.

Today, we rededicate ourselves to that enduring task. We do so knowing our journey is not complete until the promises of our founding documents are made real for every American, regardless of their station in life or the circumstances of their birth. Progress may come slow; the road may be long. But as loyal citizens of these United States, we have the power to set our country's course. Let us mark this day by pressing on in the march toward lasting freedom and true equality, grateful for the precious rights and responsibilities entrusted to each of us by our forebears.

In order to recognize the American spirit of loyalty and the sacrifices that so many have made for our Nation, the Congress, by Public Law 85-529 as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day." On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2013, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand thirteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/04/30/presidential-proclamation-loyalty-day-2013

Has anyone else seen this? The Progressive undertone is as clear as day. These are the three most telling statements:

"We have revamped and recovered and remade ourselves anew, mindful that when times change, so must we. But with every step forward, we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding."

"These patriots and pioneers remind us that while our path to a more perfect Union is unending, with hope and hard work, we can move forward together."

"Progress may come slow; the road may be long. But as loyal citizens of these United States, we have the power to set our country's course."

This seems to be all about cloaking the Progressive agenda in the flag.

sl4mdaddy
05-02-13, 11:23
"we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding."

...except for the second amendment

TAZ
05-02-13, 11:42
Yay!!!! Now we have a May Day as well. Can we please please have massive parades with a bunch of military convoys through every city??

Alpha Sierra
05-02-13, 11:51
F him and his "loyalty".

God, family, tribe, self, in that order. All others take a real far back seat.

Alpha Sierra
05-02-13, 11:54
Yay!!!! Now we have a May Day as well. Can we please please have massive parades with a bunch of military convoys through every city??

Don't forget your red party banner tovarish.....

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101020223908/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/a/af/CommunistObamaFlag.png/200px-CommunistObamaFlag.png

VooDoo6Actual
05-02-13, 12:29
Pretty insightful & fortelling speech by REAGAN who pretty much spells it out.

http://youtu.be/Fi3x7mmywDE

http://youtu.be/wdyvNub7KrA

"we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding."

...except for the second amendment

I think there's a few more than that under peril or re-defining according to their convenient definition.
Noteably, 1st, 4th (of course the 5th which would be compromised by the 4th) 10th et al.

Depends what your definition of is, is.....

RMiller
05-02-13, 12:43
Ha! Maybe he should retake an oath to our REPUBLIC. Maybe this time comprehend it as well.

Alric
05-02-13, 12:46
This isn't news.

"During the second Red scare, it was made an official holiday by the U.S. Congress on July 18, 1958 (Public Law 85-529).[4][5] Following the passage of this law, President Dwight D. Eisenhower proclaimed May 1, 1959, the first official observance of Loyalty Day. [6] With the exception of Eisenhower in 1959 and 1960, Loyalty Day has been recognized with an official proclamation every year by every president since its inception as a legal holiday in 1958."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day

EDIT: Perhaps I misunderstood and you're trying to say that a more traditional holiday is being hijacked for the Progressive agenda. If thats the case, I'd just point out that the proclamation is fairly generic, and the verbiage used is pretty appropriate considering the origins of the holiday. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this proclamation varied little from others before it.

2nd Edit: I'm not going to comprehensively review all of the proclamations, but I did look at 1998, 2006 and 2007. This year's proclamation is a virtual copy of 1998. Bush had a different focus and I believe I liked that approach more.

Alex V
05-02-13, 12:49

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/05/09/pail257460.jpg

I used to wake up early and get in front of that B&W TV to watch... lol

Wasn't every city tho, they only televised the one in Moscow

MountainRaven
05-02-13, 21:55
I have to admit, I kind of did want to march down Main Street with a Kalashnikov Port Arms, yesterday.

;)

SteyrAUG
05-02-13, 22:05

Caught that too did ya?

It's like they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

RCI1911
05-03-13, 13:47
Ironic, coming from a man who has showed no loyalty to the United States during his Presidency.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-03-13, 14:18
Let's hope that the next President changes it to "Patriot Day"

TAZ
05-03-13, 14:37
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/05/09/pail257460.jpg

I used to wake up early and get in front of that B&W TV to watch... lol

Wasn't every city tho, they only televised the one in Moscow

****ing Ceausescu ran a parade through my home town every ****ing year. He didnt come of course, but a black limo drove the parade route. Prolly the mayor or some other party deuche. You didn't want to be the one house without flags waving and such.

I'd prefer we not celebrate anything on May 1. That day has been corrupted. Make 9/11 Patriots day if you want to add another holiday. The only holiday I'd tolerate on May 1 would be Commie symbol destruction derby. We get to burn commie flags and such after pissing on them.

davidjinks
05-03-13, 14:42
**** him, those who voted for him, those who support him, those who carry his message and those that honor him.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-03-13, 14:55
Loyalty is used to measure the worth of a dog....

tb-av
05-03-13, 15:03
This is all part of the 2014 campaign. They are community organizing with as much non-controversial control as they possibly can.

Mark Warner is running back to back ads for how he has cleaned the air for children.

By 2014 rather than say they are the party that stands for X controversy like health care or gun control, they are going to have a laundry list of little patriotic accomplishments. They are going to paint themselves as the good guy.

Tim Kaine was bragging about something he did the other day... forgot what was.... It's the Fuiller Brush sales pitch.... give them a little free $1 gift before the sale.

They are going to say... Look at all we did for you.. Now you need to help us by giving us control of the House, Senate and Presidency so we can finalize the AWB, Health Care, Welfare and Immigration.

... and they will probably win. In fact I expect them to win. Think about it... it took everything we had just to hold onto our guns for a a little longer. 2014 is going to a full on 360 degree assault on America's foundation.

CarlosDJackal
05-03-13, 15:12
**** em and the horse they rode in. Loyalty goes both ways!! :p

Moose-Knuckle
05-03-13, 18:43
What better way to celebrate May Day / Loyalty Day . . .

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/seattlemayday1_zps669bba7e.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/seattlemayday1_zps669bba7e.jpg.html)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/seattlemayday2_zpsfe8e4f8e.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/seattlemayday2_zpsfe8e4f8e.jpg.html)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/seattlemayday3_zpscc0bcd26.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/seattlemayday3_zpscc0bcd26.jpg.html)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/seattlemayday4_zps6b82b8ba.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/seattlemayday4_zps6b82b8ba.jpg.html)

May Day protests turn violent in Seattle; thousands march in LA

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/02/18011716-may-day-protests-turn-violent-in-seattle-thousands-march-in-la?lite

:rolleyes:

Alaskapopo
05-03-13, 18:58
F him and his "loyalty".

God, family, tribe, self, in that order. All others take a real far back seat.

Tribe? What are we war loads in the third world?
I am proud to be an american and I do support this country.
Family, Friends, Country, State, Local.
Pat

MistWolf
05-03-13, 21:01
1 May- Loyalty Day
5 May- Cinco de Mayo

Maybe we can just roll it all up into one week long binge

Phillygunguy
05-03-13, 21:47
I'll never show loyalty to the A hole and chief and die before I vote for a democrat

Alaskapopo
05-03-13, 21:51
I'll never show loyalty to the A hole and chief and die before I vote for a democrat

And there in lies the problem with many voters. They vote party line regardless of the actual candidates stance on the issues or voting record. I vote for the person not the party they belong to. I generally have voted for both republicans and democrats as well as independents.
Pat

7.62WildBill
05-03-13, 22:16
And there in lies the problem with many voters. They vote party line regardless of the actual candidates stance on the issues or voting record. I vote for the person not the party they belong to. I generally have voted for both republicans and democrats as well as independents.
Pat

Total agreement.

NWPilgrim
05-03-13, 22:42
I would be surprised if he even knows the words to the pledge of allegiance. I shudder to imagine what he thinks it says ("...one nation under Obama, with free shit for all...").

I really don't understand how his lips don't catch fire and burn with a hellish blaze when he utters blasphemous parody of such fundamental values and virtues.

Cincinnatus
05-03-13, 22:47
Loyalty is used to measure the worth of a dog....

Excellent observation.

gun71530
05-03-13, 22:48
Pat

One of the few times I will agree with you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

MountainRaven
05-03-13, 23:33
There are days when I feel like I'm one of the few Americans who can respect the office without respecting the man....

gun71530
05-04-13, 01:04
There are days when I feel like I'm one of the few Americans who can respect the office without respecting the man....

As an American you're not required to respect either.

GeorgiaBoy
05-04-13, 02:14
I agree with Pat also.

I voted Democrat the last election only because my congressman is really a "DINO". The "Republican" running against him was probably the most worst choice for a candidate ever.

Despite his southern drawl, wealthy farm owner occupation, and having the general "good ole' boy" look, he lost in a congressional district that is 80% rural Georgia countryside. (Previously, the winning Congressman represented the Savannah metro area, which is what always guaranteed his vote as a Dem, until new district redrawing gave Savannah to a new district).

Phillygunguy
05-04-13, 06:25
Pat

Come to Philadelphia and show me a good pro gun democrat to vote for. Most D's are anti gun True just because someones a Republican doesnt mean they automatically get my vote Toomey is an example of a person who showed his true colors. But I have yet to meet a democrat who claims to be pro gun and if they claim they are , they don't bend to pressure and vote the party line. I vote 2A first. Are all republicans pro gun? No but there are far more pro 2A than democrats Joe Manchin talked the talk and after Obama said jump Manchin asked how high? If you lived in Pa you would see my state is becoming more blue every day. They are talking about Gov. Corbett being a one term Gov. And putting an anti gun democrat in. You'd see my state is over run with money from Bloomberg and trying to put the squeeze on gun owners, You would see my mayor and city council write their own gun laws Even though only the State has the authority. If you lived here you wouldn't trust a democrat either

Phillygunguy
05-04-13, 07:19
One more thing, Which party in recent years has always had an anti gun agenda? which party passed an AWB, in 94? which party after Sandy hook has said we need to pass common sense gun laws? which party had a news industry publish the names addresses of gun owners?
Which party recently made a law banning so Called high capacity magazines ? Are Republicans perfect? NO ! I don't trust a lot of them either But most of the Democrats are the ones passing all this anti gun shit. which is why Ill die before I vote for one.

Mac5.56
05-04-13, 08:38
Took me less then 30 seconds to find the history of Loyalty Day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day

VooDoo6Actual
05-04-13, 10:40
Pretty interesting recent & telling interview by SCOTUS justice Thomas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=whgcV8DapNM#!

Alaskapopo
05-04-13, 11:32
Come to Philadelphia and show me a good pro gun democrat to vote for. Most D's are anti gun True just because someones a Republican doesnt mean they automatically get my vote Toomey is an example of a person who showed his true colors. But I have yet to meet a democrat who claims to be pro gun and if they claim they are , they don't bend to pressure and vote the party line. I vote 2A first. Are all republicans pro gun? No but there are far more pro 2A than democrats Joe Manchin talked the talk and after Obama said jump Manchin asked how high? If you lived in Pa you would see my state is becoming more blue every day. They are talking about Gov. Corbett being a one term Gov. And putting an anti gun democrat in. You'd see my state is over run with money from Bloomberg and trying to put the squeeze on gun owners, You would see my mayor and city council write their own gun laws Even though only the State has the authority. If you lived here you wouldn't trust a democrat either
Not really where the person is from matters more than their party line. You will have to look hard to find an anti gun politician in Alaska republican or democrat. In New York there is a lot more anti gunners on both sides of the aisle. I was reading a stat that some 40% of democrats are pro gun and 40% of republicans are anti gun. The political divide on this issue is not as great as many think. Also its not my fault you chose to live in an anti gun haven like Philly. Who gave us the semi auto import ban in 1986. A republican George Bush Senior. Who promised to renew the assault rifle ban if it came to his desk. George Bush Junior. So don't tell me republicans are pro gun and democrates are anti gun. Such a view is overly simplistic.
Pat

MountainRaven
05-04-13, 11:42
As an American you're not required to respect either.

There are many things I am not required to respect as an American.

American history? Unless I'm an immigrant, not needed.

Respect for the United States military? I can spit on returning service members, if I so wish, and proclaim them all to be baby killers and drones in service to an international corporate military-industrial-governmental complex. I can rejoice in the deaths of servicemembers abroad as being the will of God, punishing the United States for our acceptance of homosexuality.

Respect for law enforcement? I can call them Obama-facsist thugs, every one.

Respect for the law? I can say it violates the Constitution, Shari'a, or Biblical laws. If it violates any of those three, it doesn't apply to me and I alone chose what does or does not violate those three. I can proclaim myself a sovereign person. I can demand that Constitutionally protected rights be suspended for everyone because it makes me feel good.

Respect for religion and religious practice? I can call it a crutch for the weak-willed and an opiate for the weak-minded. I can call it a backwards superstition, one last part of our caveman past that needs to be discarded or it will forever haunt us. I can call Catholics the unwitting servants of the most corrupt and backward-leaning faith currently practiced, Protestants racists, Muslims Islamo-facsists, Buddhists useful idiots. Prayer in school? Oh no, you don't, you need to spend that time studying quantum theory so we don't fall further behind China and India and the rest of the industrialized world. And since we've dispensed with the silly reason for having a weekend in the first place, we can up our productivity by simply going back to a seven-day work week.

Respect for the environment? F___ no! I'll throw cigarette butts out of my car window as I'm driving down the road. Stop by Micky-D's and grab a burger, take it to a park and then leave the wrapper and bag on the park bench. Discard bottles of urine on the side of the road. Smash glass beer bottles on the sidewalks of neighborhoods with little children. And then I'll let my children play with eagles, put my children on the backs of moose, try to get my picture taken with bison, feed a grizzly bear, stare a wolf in the eye and try to pet it.

Respect for women? Nope. Respect for my elders? Nope. Respect for children? Hell no.

What about the Founding Fathers? Well, George Washington was a competent military man. That's the best that can be said for him. TJ owned slaves and loved the idea of revolution more than the ideals of a revolution - if he had been born one hundred years later, he would have been an anarchist or a socialist. Two hundred years later, a die-hard communist. Benjamin Franklin was an amoral philanderer. Hamilton a war-monger and theocrat. Madison, another slaveholder, believed that legislators should ignore the desires of their constituents and was prone to revising history to shine a better light on himself.

I'm also not required to respect the bouncer down at the local strip joint. Or the guy who owns it. Or the women who work there. I bet I could take 'em....

Not really where the person is from matters more than their party line. You will have to look hard to find an anti gun politician in Alaska republican or democrat. In New York there is a lot more anti gunners on both sides of the aisle. I was reading a stat that some 40% of democrats are pro gun and 40% of republicans are anti gun. The political divide on this issue is not as great as many think. Also its not my fault you chose to live in an anti gun haven like Philly. Who gave us the semi auto import ban in 1989. A republican George Bush Senior.
Pat

Fixed.

And who said that he'd sign a renewal of the AWB? George Bush, Junior. Who signed the ban of new machine gun production into law? Reagan.

Who signed Montana HB246, nullifying federal law regarding the manufacture and sale of Montana-made SBRs and suppressors? A lame-duck Democrat. Same guy criticized Romney for signing an AWB into law as governor of Massachusetts, in front of the whole DNC. Who voted 'No' on a new AWB, UBC, and a magazine ban? Another Montana lame-duck Democrat. (Our other Senator, another Democrat, voted no on everything but the UBC.)

At the same time, I'm aware of plenty of New England and California Republicans who voted for Obama because they didn't like the new, improved, born again Republican Mitt Romney. (The one who went from being Mormon old white guy Obama to right wing old white guy.)

Phillygunguy
05-05-13, 07:07
Not really where the person is from matters more than their party line. You will have to look hard to find an anti gun politician in Alaska republican or democrat. In New York there is a lot more anti gunners on both sides of the aisle. I was reading a stat that some 40% of democrats are pro gun and 40% of republicans are anti gun. The political divide on this issue is not as great as many think. Also its not my fault you chose to live in an anti gun haven like Philly. Who gave us the semi auto import ban in 1986. A republican George Bush Senior. Who promised to renew the assault rifle ban if it came to his desk. George Bush Junior. So don't tell me republicans are pro gun and democrates are anti gun. Such a view is overly simplistic.
Pat

I can't choose where I was born, plus it's not easy to pack up and leave

Caeser25
05-10-13, 11:44
****ing Ceausescu ran a parade through my home town every ****ing year. He didnt come of course, but a black limo drove the parade route. Prolly the mayor or some other party deuche. You didn't want to be the one house without flags waving and such.

I'd prefer we not celebrate anything on May 1. That day has been corrupted. Make 9/11 Patriots day if you want to add another holiday. The only holiday I'd tolerate on May 1 would be Commie symbol destruction derby. We get to burn commie flags and such after pissing on them.

I can dig that. Although by this time next year, I'll probably be arrested for it.