PDA

View Full Version : BCM EAG tactical carbine cycling issues.

Phillygunguy
05-02-13, 14:01
Hey folks. Went to the range today with my fairly new < 1000 rds BCM EAG carbine. Today I seem to be having cycling issues, its got to the point that after taking a shot the next round wont feed, and stick partially out the chamber. when I remove the magazine, almost a bolt override, also the bolt wont lock open on an empty magazine. It does this on both magpul and USGI mags, Using Federal XM193 ammo nothing special, I had one of the range officers look at it He first tells me the gas rings were'nt staggered right. I know for a fact that is a myth, but I was polite, smiled and told him ok and fired it again, Same results. so he takes it back and comes out and tells me it needs to be cleaned, So he cleans it up. ( I smile and think to myself that's not the problem either as its pretty much well lubed) anyway same issue We tried another Pmag and still same problem.
Finally he gets someone who seems to Know something and shot it for themselves and states that he thinks its cycling too fast. At this point I agree I had a feeling the gas system is off or the buffer is wrong. However it has an H buffer, which is standard and came with the carbine, plus its a mid length also. I changed nothing except put an aim point micro on it. So if it is cycling too fast, Should I replace it with an H2? H3? or am I missing something?

Robb Jensen
05-02-13, 20:41
Sent it to BCM or me to see what's up with it.
Closed until you hear back from BCM per the much forgotten rule No. 4 of M4C