PDA

View Full Version : G&R Tactical VSM Level 2 Pistol Class May 25

C4IGrant
05-03-13, 16:31
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grants_Pics/VSM_Logo.jpg

When: May 25
Where: Tusco Rifle club (Founders Range)
Time: 0900-1700
Cost: $150 per Student (Cash only please)
Ammo: 200-300rds

Gear:
Eye Protection
Hearing Protection (electronic ears are best)
Two mag pouchs for pistol
Holster for pistol
3 mags (minimum)
Water
Lunch
Appropriate gear for the weather (rain jacket, etc.)
Cover garment (CCW)

This is a heavy moving and shooting & baricade class where we spend a lot of time working on the fundamentals of shooting on the move and from behind cover.

You must have attended our Level 1 VSM Pistol class OR equiv. class from another instructor to attend.

This class is designed to be a small (10-12) students so it will fill up fast! Please RSVP your place in line ASAP by sending an e-mail to: sales@grtactical.com

VSM certificates of completion will be given out at the end of the class.

C4

William B.
05-03-13, 16:36
I'm looking to get in on this, Grant. Just sent an e-mail your way.

Trajan
05-05-13, 16:23
In on this. Can't wait.

ralph
05-14-13, 21:13
Me as well, this ought to be a hoot!

William B.
05-26-13, 18:36
Great class, Ben and Grant! Thank you for holding us to such high standards of accuracy and speed throughout the day. I will have plenty to work on until next time.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-26-13, 20:47
Sad I missed it.
Grant will you be teaching with Ken in Aug?

C4IGrant
05-27-13, 09:02
Good class and weather on Saturday! We looked at improving our speed from draw, lots of moving and shooting drills (box, etc) and some barricade work. Topped off with some quality time with my new turning targets. :D

We did a walk back drill on a 18X12 IPDA steel target. At about 35yds, we lost everyone. :mad: So Ben and I continued on to 50yds (both passed) and then onto 100yds (I passed).

Distance is a GREAT teacher about what we do right and wrong with our trigger pulls.

Thanks to everyone that came out, we appreciate it!

C4

C4IGrant
05-27-13, 09:02
Sad I missed it.
Grant will you be teaching with Ken in Aug?

Yes, I will be helping AI this class. I am going to point out to Ken all of my VSM students so that he holds you to higher standards. :D

C4

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-27-13, 11:05
I'am okay with that.
You know if it has filled up yet?

C4IGrant
05-27-13, 15:22
I'am okay with that.
You know if it has filled up yet?

It is very close to being filled.

C4

Got UZI
05-27-13, 18:20
I'm signing up for Kens class tomorrow.

VSM Pistol 2 was a great day. Had a great time with th group we had. Ben was at his normal best with the "Ben-ism's" keeping us all laughing while we learned.

I took some jabs for running my "antique gun" but the idea was to improve on it. Les Baer 1911 ran great and I got good reload practice.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-27-13, 19:25
Good deal. I'm trying to get one more fella in Akron to sign up.

*edit
Looks like it is filled up. Grant do you know if they automatically bill the other 50% at the 30 days away mark or is it up to me to send it in?

Also are you thinking the 29th for the Carbine 2 class?

Trajan
05-28-13, 11:39
I had a great time at this class. I did better than I ever had with moving and shooting thanks to practicing getting lower and bending my arms at about 90* this winter. Still having a feeling issue with having both arms at the same height, my right wants to hang out lower, but the recoil issue makes sense.

After the walk back fiasco, I guess I need to practice shooting from low ready (I never do, I always use strong 90 or sul if I don't need to go waving a gun around).

The last drill was awesome, and I would love to have more target discrimination.

C4IGrant
05-28-13, 11:56
I had a great time at this class. I did better than I ever had with moving and shooting thanks to practicing getting lower and bending my arms at about 90* this winter. Still having a feeling issue with having both arms at the same height, my right wants to hang out lower, but the recoil issue makes sense.

After the walk back fiasco, I guess I need to practice shooting from low ready (I never do, I always use strong 90 or sul if I don't need to go waving a gun around).

The last drill was awesome, and I would love to have more target discrimination.

That isn't your issue. You sucked at the walk back drill because of your skinny jeans! :eek:

C4

C4IGrant
05-28-13, 11:56
Good deal. I'm trying to get one more fella in Akron to sign up.

*edit
Looks like it is filled up. Grant do you know if they automatically bill the other 50% at the 30 days away mark or is it up to me to send it in?

Also are you thinking the 29th for the Carbine 2 class?

Automatically bill.

Yes on the 29th (at this moment).

C4

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-28-13, 12:00
Good deal. Marshall and I took the time off for that day.

Trajan
05-28-13, 12:02
That isn't your issue. You sucked at the walk back drill because of your skinny jeans! :eek:

C4

Heh heh, again those weren't skinny jeans. Well maybe they were for Tusco county.

I think I pulled the shot high. Same problem a lot of people have with target transitions, but vertically instead of horizontally.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-28-13, 12:02

C4

Lol glad I miss this.

Got UZI
05-28-13, 12:09
No one was safe. We all were run over by the "bus"

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-28-13, 12:19
No one was safe. We all were run over by the "bus"

Did you guys let Ben drive again?

Trajan
05-28-13, 12:55
Did you guys let Ben drive again?

Ben was hilarious as always. The cop from Carrollton was as well.

Ben even quoted scripture on one of the drills. Joel 3:8.

C4IGrant
05-28-13, 16:23
Heh heh, again those weren't skinny jeans. Well maybe they were for Tusco county.

I think I pulled the shot high. Same problem a lot of people have with target transitions, but vertically instead of horizontally.

Right. Keep telling yourself that. ;)

You (along with others), need to STOP the gun at a specific point (instead of just letting it go wherever it wants). Shooting from the low ready position is one of the most common shooting positions there is.

C4

Got UZI
05-28-13, 17:17
I sometimes think we should record Ben during these classes. He could have a career as a comedian.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
05-28-13, 18:35
Right. Keep telling yourself that. ;)

You (along with others), need to STOP the gun at a specific point (instead of just letting it go wherever it wants). Shooting from the low ready position is one of the most common shooting positions there is.

C4

Any way to practice stopping the gun other then shooting rounds Grant?