PDA

View Full Version : World War Z

kry226
05-04-13, 18:37
Might actually be entertaining, if you could get past the "Z" part. Has the potential to make Walking Dead look like 1st Grade Recess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EC7P5WdUko

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

CarlosDJackal
05-04-13, 18:54
The book is awesome. I hope the movie can at least keep up.

jpmuscle
05-04-13, 19:10
Isn't Costa involved in this or is that something else?

Koshinn
05-05-13, 00:25
Isn't Costa involved in this or is that something else?

Something else.

Armati
05-05-13, 03:00
The movie will be nothing like the book. The book was great, the movie will be Brad Pitt flying around the world saving it from zombies - which wasn't what happened in the book. If you are typical American (i.e. moron) you will love this movie because it will follow the typical Hollywood formula that you have been trained to enjoy. Think the movie "2012" with zombies.

Moose-Knuckle
05-05-13, 03:05
IIRC, in the book the zombies were slow. So far in the trailers released of the film adaption they move with great speed.

jpmuscle
05-05-13, 03:12
IIRC, in the book the zombies were slow. So far in the trailers released of the film adaption they move with great speed.

Worst zombies to face imo... :D

Iraqgunz
05-05-13, 03:26
I thought the book as "ok" but I don't see it translating to the big screen as well. Also, I agree that Brad Pitt saving the world wasn't in the book and the deviation is too much.

I would actually be interested to see the books from J.L Bourne turned into movies or a mini series. That could be interesting.

duece71
05-05-13, 06:11
Book was very good, too bad Hollywierd will **** it up, probably abandon seeing movies in the future all together. :(

kry226
05-05-13, 06:22
But this is always the case. In every instance where I've read the book, then seen the movie, there has always been a level of disappointment in that either: 1. there was too much straying from the book; or 2.) that Hollywood actually did screw it up.

In these cases, we probably should just let the movie stand on its own merits. Otherwise, we will be perpetually disappointed.

matemike
05-05-13, 06:55
The book was a series of interviews taken after an apocalyptic zombie war.

So it was compiled of many sub stories from different corners of the earth. No one man was the frikkin Hollywood hero. That is where the movie will screw it up.

RalphK.
05-05-13, 07:49
I never understood the argument of Hollywood screwing up the story and the book is so much better...well yeah.

Unless they're gonna turn a movie into a 1 showing per day w/ breaks every hour, it is impossible to translate the book into a 2hr movie.

Look at the GodFather book...it took 2 3hr movies to tell that story...

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-05-13, 11:53

Kind of interesting symmetry. Mary Shelly's Frankenstien's monster was a actually physically superior to humans, it was only in the movies that he became a slow, dim witted creature. It almost looks like we have the opposite here with the zombies becoming faster.

Koshinn
05-05-13, 12:11
I never understood the argument of Hollywood screwing up the story and the book is so much better...well yeah.

Unless they're gonna turn a movie into a 1 showing per day w/ breaks every hour, it is impossible to translate the book into a 2hr movie.

Look at the GodFather book...it took 2 3hr movies to tell that story...

I kept saying wwz would have been done better as a hbo tv series.

MountainRaven
05-05-13, 12:20
In these cases, we probably should just let the movie stand on its own merits. Otherwise, we will be perpetually disappointed.

This.

Movies (and TV shows) are fundamentally different media from books or magazines or 'graphic novels'. Expecting a perfect translation to the screen is simply wishful thinking.

As a for instance... you have Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings movies. On their own merits, they're pretty good. And if you like the books you'll probably like the movies. But if you go in expecting a perfect translation of JRR Tolkien's grand opus, you're going to be disappointed. In fact, most of the places where the movies slow down and start to become malodorous are the places where they are most faithful to the books. Nevermind the fact that the movie's over three hours long and feels like it has three or four distinct endings, I still know people who are sore that the Scouring of the Shire did not make it into The Return of the King.

The best you can hope for is to take what works from the books in a movie and try to meaningfully reconstruct bits and pieces from the book around the bits that do work. And you have to know what you have to have and what you cannot have at all, except maybe to nod at. And that's really tricky to do.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-05-13, 13:35

There are few things HBO wouldn't do better than Hollywood...

Mjolnir
05-05-13, 17:01
The book zombies were the slow type. These appear to be "hyper strong" which ruins much of it for me, too. I rather like the 28 Days Later variety. No more athletic or hardened than you or I.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-05-13, 18:07
I think the type of zombie relates to what you are trying to say about society. Good SCI fi isn't about the future, it is set in the future and a commentary about the present.

To me slow zombies represent the overall tide of societal pressures. Fast zombies, and Mary Shelly's Frankenstien's monster, are meant to raise issues with the technological advances that make life go faster and that we could loose control of and become victims too.

trinydex
05-07-13, 17:52
I thought the book as "ok" but I don't see it translating to the big screen as well. Also, I agree that Brad Pitt saving the world wasn't in the book and the deviation is too much.

I would actually be interested to see the books from J.L Bourne turned into movies or a mini series. That could be interesting.

don't think the book was made for the big screen. there's no way the story will be the same. i've also heard already that the story is drastically changed.

would have been great if they made it like band of brothers. or even if they made it like animatrix

Sensei
05-07-13, 23:12
Wait a minute. I though it was Will Smith who saved us from zombies. Or, maybe that was mutant vampires...:confused:

LHS
05-08-13, 00:56
As a for instance... you have Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings movies. On their own merits, they're pretty good. And if you like the books you'll probably like the movies. But if you go in expecting a perfect translation of JRR Tolkien's grand opus, you're going to be disappointed. In fact, most of the places where the movies slow down and start to become malodorous are the places where they are most faithful to the books. Nevermind the fact that the movie's over three hours long and feels like it has three or four distinct endings, I still know people who are sore that the Scouring of the Shire did not make it into The Return of the King.

When they left out Tom Bombadil, I cheered. That was the most tedious part of the most tedious book of the most tedious fantasy trilogy known to man. I did wish they had included the hobbits finding the swords in the barrows, but c'est la vie.

When they left out the Scouring of the Shire, I was pissed. That was integral to the resolution of the plot, showing that the Hobbits had matured and become self-sufficient, no longer requiring the larger races to protect them from the outside world. It also showed how irrevocably they'd been changed by their experiences, and how they were unique and unable to relate to their fellow Hobbits from that point forward. Tolkien's whole story was an allegory for his experiences in WWI, and that was a very key piece.

Back on topic, WWZ was a good book that just isn't capable of being transformed into a movie. A series, sure, but not a 2-hour movie.

polymorpheous
05-08-13, 03:17
This zombie shit is so played out.
Bring on the werewolves!

Sensei
05-08-13, 06:14
Bring on the werewolves!

Underworld series.

polymorpheous
05-08-13, 07:33
Underworld series.

You can't be serious.
I couldn't get halfway through that movie.
It's just awful. :bad:

Ryno12
05-08-13, 07:46
You can't be serious.
I couldn't get halfway through that movie.
It's just awful. :bad:

Kate Beckinsale makes it all worthwhile! ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

Pork Chop
05-08-13, 07:50

Truer words were never spoken.

:)

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-08-13, 08:00
Bring on the werewolves!

Underworld series.

Sent via Tapatalk

Truer words were never spoken.

:)

So, the only way to make a werewolf movie palatable is to have a hot vampire......

Has there ever been a female werewolf (werebitch?) in movies? Vampires have always supposed to have had an erotic side while werewolves just are grungy men.

I think zombies play well because they work as a proxy for a number of modern worries- being overwhelmed by popular culture, the dangerous of messing with genetics, the rush of technology.

There is that new zombie movie where the hot chick gets the zombie's heart pumping again. That chick is hot enough to bring back the dead.

polymorpheous
05-08-13, 08:38
So, the only way to make a werewolf movie palatable is to have a hot vampire......

Has there ever been a female werewolf (werebitch?) in movies? Vampires have always supposed to have had an erotic side while werewolves just are grungy men.

The Howling.

kry226
05-08-13, 09:00
The Howling.

This. And they showed lots of skin too, at least in the subsequent movies they did.

kry226
05-08-13, 09:06
I think zombies play well because they work as a proxy for a number of modern worries- being overwhelmed by popular culture, the dangerous of messing with genetics, the rush of technology.

I agree. Despite lots of folks who are tired of the zombie crap, I think there's still a perception of realism that many folks still cling to in regards to the "possiblity." If only I could sell them some ocean front property too. :alcoholic:

By the way, Snipes didn't take too long getting back into the swing of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W37QoSb6Oms

caelumatra
05-08-13, 14:20
Just from the trailer it looks like they took the name of WWZ and just put in place a lot of plot elements from JL Bourne's Day By Day series.

Guy escaping outbreak
Government nukes cities
Military bases operations from Aircraft Carrier
Main character goes on ops with SF guys in search of patient zero

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed WWZ a lot as well as the JL Bourne series. But this looks nothing like Max Brooks' book. The battle for Yonkers was a really good part of the book with Mark Hammil doing the audio for that character in the audio book. They dont look for patient zero and clear continent with a police call line across the whole of North America

Definitely didn't see any LOBOs in the trailer :(

carbinero
05-12-13, 18:13
Bring on the werewolves!

You got that right--Monster Hunter: Alpha!

Magic_Salad0892
05-12-13, 18:21
Unreleated, but the WarZ mod for Arma II was great.

MountainRaven
05-12-13, 18:33
When they left out Tom Bombadil, I cheered. That was the most tedious part of the most tedious book of the most tedious fantasy trilogy known to man. I did wish they had included the hobbits finding the swords in the barrows, but c'est la vie.

When they left out the Scouring of the Shire, I was pissed. That was integral to the resolution of the plot, showing that the Hobbits had matured and become self-sufficient, no longer requiring the larger races to protect them from the outside world. It also showed how irrevocably they'd been changed by their experiences, and how they were unique and unable to relate to their fellow Hobbits from that point forward. Tolkien's whole story was an allegory for his experiences in WWI, and that was a very key piece.

Back on topic, WWZ was a good book that just isn't capable of being transformed into a movie. A series, sure, but not a 2-hour movie.

Franky, I think that if they were to do the Scouring of the Shire, it should be Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Scouring of the Shire.

Actually, the HBO miniseries treatment would be kind of an interesting thing to do for the Scouring, what with A Game of Thrones and all....

ETA: And I got the 'don't fit in with the other Hobbits' any more vibe from the epilogue... the four of them sitting at a table, quietly sipping their ales, while the rest of the pub/bar/tavern/thing is being the typical boisterous hobbitiness. And the reason for the difference between themselves and the other hobbits is only known to them... which in a sense brings it into the modern world, where you have the four hobbits who have come back from a war that none of the other hobbits really know or care about and of whom none of them have ever been involved in an armed conflict. Whereas the Scouring was a group effort among all the hobbits and so they all had some idea of what war was about (much like Tolkien and his peers, who almost universally would have been involved in the Great War in one form or another).

trinydex
05-12-13, 18:35
Just from the trailer it looks like they took the name of WWZ and just put in place a lot of plot elements from JL Bourne's Day By Day series.

Guy escaping outbreak
Government nukes cities
Military bases operations from Aircraft Carrier
Main character goes on ops with SF guys in search of patient zero

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed WWZ a lot as well as the JL Bourne series. But this looks nothing like Max Brooks' book. The battle for Yonkers was a really good part of the book with Mark Hammil doing the audio for that character in the audio book. They dont look for patient zero and clear continent with a police call line across the whole of North America

Definitely didn't see any LOBOs in the trailer :(

interesting points.

if there is no lobo in the movie then it'll pretty much suck.

Iraqgunz
06-21-13, 00:42
So we went and saw World War Z tonight. I know that it deviated from the book, but overall I think it was a well done movie. I am wondering if they are planning a possible sequel. It's seems as if it may have been left open to that.

I also came to the realization that I do not have enough magazines or ammunition.........

Moose-Knuckle
06-21-13, 01:33
I also came to the realization that I do not have enough magazines or ammunition.........

There is NEVER enough magazines and ammunition . . . :eek:

We're going to see it Sunday, actually been looking forward to this one.

Koshinn
06-21-13, 02:00
There is NEVER enough magazines and ammunition . . . :eek:

We're going to see it Sunday, actually been looking forward to this one.

Me too, but maybe Saturday or Friday.

kry226
06-21-13, 06:50
Read an article this morning where they re-shot the last 20 minutes of the film to ensure the ending was consistent with the rest of the film. Apparently, the first ending was garbage.

wahoo95
06-21-13, 07:16
Im not a fan of the new superhuman zombies. The idea that something can be dead and rotting yet be superhuman bothers me. That said, I will still go see it.

MAP
06-21-13, 08:34
I took my sons to see it last night. Not bad at all. Worth the money, IMHO.

SPOILER ALERT . . . .

Part of the movie takes place in Newark, NJ. Having worked LE 18 miles from Newark for 27 years I couldn't tell the difference between zombie infested Newark and the Newark I knew. ;)

Mike

Spiffums
06-21-13, 09:42
Kind of interesting symmetry. Mary Shelly's Frankenstien's monster was a actually physically superior to humans, it was only in the movies that he became a slow, dim witted creature. It almost looks like we have the opposite here with the zombies becoming faster.

And wasn't that were they got the idea of Khan in Star Trek? Bio-engineered super man.

Koshinn
06-21-13, 10:10
And wasn't that were they got the idea of Khan in Star Trek? Bio-engineered super man.

More closely related to real world eugenics than Frankenstein.

eodinert
06-21-13, 16:25
I, too, thought it was OK except for the 'super zombies'... They pretty much ruined it for me.

I would have bitch slapped someone when they were climbing into the jet and someone took the Tavor and tossed it out, though.

kry226
06-21-13, 18:46
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/world-war-z-special-effects-supervisor-studied-ants-210023543.html

An explanation from one of the filmmakers.

"I think a major change in zombie behavior in this was if something were to bite you, well, you're still fresh, you're still able to move quickly. But now you don't think about yourself. You only think about where's my next bite, where's my next takedown. And you will run as fast as you can because you're still healthy, and you'll lead with your teeth to take the next human down," Farrar explained. "With no regard for your injuries or anything about you, you'll bite and hold on and do whatever you can to take that person down, even if you break your bones, even if you get hurt, even if it kills you, you don't care."

RogerinTPA
06-21-13, 18:51
I saw it and thought it was a pretty decent flick, being that the zombie genre is one of my favorites. All I can say is those ****ers are fast and it made me consider obtaining a suit of armor and a minigun. I thought the storyline was pretty good and it was much better than 28 days/weeks later. I didn't care for some of the aviation aspects, but I'll reserve those comments for a later time.

trio
06-21-13, 21:09
Every time I read a zombie book or see a zombie film I think

"Man, all that dude needs is some good motorcycle leathers"

No human can bite through leather.....no matter how crazed...

Granted you could still be taken down and mobbed, etc...

MountainRaven
06-21-13, 23:43
Did I hear Tavor? Cuz I thought I heard Tavor.

obucina
06-21-13, 23:45
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/world-war-z-special-effects-supervisor-studied-ants-210023543.html

An explanation from one of the filmmakers.

isnt that called a crack addict?

im not sure if I plan on seeing it. to me, zombies are like clowns, they just creep me out.

Honu
06-22-13, 00:18

hahahah picturing next seasons nat geo survivalist show all the folks will have those leather full body suits with zippers for mouths and be saying NO its for the zombie survival :) hahahahah

somehow in my mind its very funny :)

Koshinn
06-22-13, 00:26

In the WWZ book, the army moves to light weight kevlar clothing just to stop bites. They mention that they only put on helmets and full armor when they move into a city with the potential for humans that will shoot back.

nml
06-22-13, 02:21
I didn't care for some of the aviation aspects, but I'll reserve those comments for a later time.It always amazes me how Hollywood spends millions making films but seemingly don't have thousands for consultants.

RWK
06-22-13, 22:12
Anyone have any idea what that gigantic wrist watch worn by Brad Pitt was? That thing was huge! I thought it might be a Suunto but, it doesn't look like any that I'm aware of.

Hmac
06-22-13, 22:33
Wait a minute. I though it was Will Smith who saved us from zombies. Or, maybe that was mutant vampires...:confused:

You're thinking of Wesley Snipes

"How Twilight Should Have Ended"
http://guernseygosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/how-twilight-should-have-ended-21963-1248235453-26.jpg

DragonDoc
06-22-13, 23:21
The movie wasn't bad at all. I did notice a shameless plug for Armalite when Gerry landed on the carrier. The movie featured fast zombies with excellent hearing. There were only a few scenes that one would cry B.S. over. I thought it was a decent effort and worth watching.

MountainRaven
06-23-13, 01:48
It always amazes me how Hollywood spends millions making films but seemingly don't have thousands for consultants.

They probably spent tens of thousands on consultants.

But there's nothing about a having a consultant on hand that says that they have to listen to them.

Marines and sailors don't salute when they're not wearing covers. But if the movie-makers want it, they do it.

Balian of Ibelin was captured at the Battle of Hattin, but was allowed to return to Jerusalem by Saladin to get his family out of the city before Saladin's army besieged it. He was begged by the people of Jerusalem to stay and fight, which he ultimately did. But that doesn't work for our storyline, so we'll have him sit in Jerusalem and mope while his liege lord's army walks into Saladin's trap.

Isosceles stance? Helmets? Pfft. Can't see the actors' faces!

If the movie-makers want people to be sucked out of an airplane by violent cabin depressurization, they'll do it. Military protocol, history, actual practical concerns in real life, and physics be damned, for all they care.

eodinert
06-23-13, 04:22

You did.

ForTehNguyen
06-23-13, 08:10
the israelis had a tavor as well as M16/M4 in the movie. I thought the movie was ok, but then again I had read the book which was WAY better. At least the movie hit the ground running and didnt do background story BS

Traveshamockery
06-23-13, 08:13
Saw it yesterday. It was good at times, very intense, but it deviated greatly from the books in terms of major plot points. Major battles mentioned in the book were ignored completely. Film makers bought a brand name (World War Z), not a story.

My gripe is basically that the movie felt...small...somehow. Despite the grand scale of every scene, you never really got an impression that it's a great big world with nowhere to hide. The book, obviously, took a much wider view if world events.

I'll echo the earlier thoughts: this should have been an HBO mini-series, with a one-hour episode focused on major stories from the war. Film was the wrong medium for telling this story, IMO.

RogerinTPA
06-23-13, 10:21
At a certain point, I had to look beyond a lot of the creative licence, like subbing a AN-12 in for a C-130, or how it could fly from the west atlantic to south korea without refueling, then only fueling in korea and making it to israel, or a hand grenade having a shaped charge effect, and other tech snafus, then I could enjoy the story line for what it was.

RWK
06-23-13, 11:27
I'll echo the earlier thoughts: this should have been an HBO mini-series, with a one-hour episode focused on major stories from the war. Film was the wrong medium for telling this story, IMO.

I think that's a great idea. Maybe you should pitch it to HBO.

Blayglock
06-23-13, 12:16
The movie was entertaining. Worth the $6 I spent anyway.

There was a Tavor in the movie.

Moose-Knuckle
06-24-13, 00:59
I would have bitch slapped someone when they were climbing into the jet and someone took the Tavor and tossed it out, though.

IIRC, that was an M4 that Gerry took from Segen after he amputated her hand, a male IDF soldier had the only Tavor I spied.

In the WWZ book, the army moves to light weight kevlar clothing just to stop bites.

I thought it was interesting that Gerry used duct tape/magazines and then foam from the WHO bags as soft armor. Also noticed that the US forces in S Korea were using their IBA, DAPS, etc. in a similar fashion.

At a certain point, I had to look beyond a lot of the creative licence, like subbing a AN-12 in for a C-130, or how it could fly from the west atlantic to south korea without refueling, then only fueling in korea and making it to israel, . . .

Yeah the fuel issue was comical, I also chuckled that they did not leave a security detail with the bird in a hostile area, left the ramp down for anyone to enter, gave an untrained civilian a firearm which resulted in a subsequent dirt nap. They could have used a ramp-mounted belt fed or two as well.

Moose-Knuckle
06-24-13, 01:51
I did not read the book, I went into the movie with no previous notions or any expectations.

* Spoiler Alert *

Over all I enjoyed the film. I appreciated the fact they showed how fast shit goes side ways and urban population centers erupt into civil unrest.

I did not like the fact that after the outbreak of the zombie virus it is the UN that takes charge, the naval armada is UN . . . :rolleyes: Aboard the flagship Gerry is debriefed that POTUS is dead, VP is MIA, and several JCS were dead. Okay where is SOH? Sorry but this is Hollywood's attempt at selling the whole global community vibe.

IMHO the film should have had an R rating so it could have some blood and guts. I mean it's a zombie movie for crying out loud and they marketed this as a summer family film. There were no zombies feasting on brains or flesh, victims simply received a bite on the arm and presto change-oh their a zombie. That is some weak sauce.

As for the plot, I did like how they portrayed that the zombies act as a singular organism. They attack and problem solve much like a colony of ants would. I also thought that the element of the zombies being blind to unhealthy hosts was rather an authentic touch.

So there are some parallels to The Walking Dead franchise. In the last season of The Walking Dead Rick amputated one of Herchel's legs below a walker bite and it kept him from turning. Same with World War Z when Gerry amputated the forearm of Segen after she received a zombie bite. The zombies possess hyper sensitive hearing and seem to hunt primarily by sound. I always was frustrated with Rick's group in The Walking Dead as they never exploited this aspect of the walkers, in World War Z it shows the PA system being played in a stadium so as to lure them all in on place where they could be ambushed by a tactical nuke.

Koshinn
06-24-13, 02:24
In Walking Dead, it was often smell more than anything.

Moose-Knuckle
06-24-13, 02:45
In Walking Dead, it was often smell more than anything.

The graphic novels or the TV series?

In the second season the herd is alerted by the sound of a helicopter and got them moving in the direction of the farm. The weapon of choice is always a knife, crossbow, etc. as they are silent and they even fashioned home made sound suppressors out of Mag lights.

I'd say sound is the primary sense as portrayed in the show, scent has its place like in season one when Rick and Glen cover themselves in entrails to walk out of Atlanta. In season three Michonne's pet's odor kept walkers at bay.

Abraxas
06-24-13, 03:14
Damn y'all take this shit serioulsy.

Honu
06-24-13, 05:46
my buddy saw it said it was really good and entertaining worth watching ?

I will wait of course till its out on disc

NCPatrolAR
06-24-13, 07:39
Amputation of a bitten limb predates The Walking Dead by close to 20 years. The first time I saw it done was in Day of the Dead

MarkG
06-24-13, 19:33

SPOILER ALERT . . . .

Part of the movie takes place in Newark, NJ. Having worked LE 18 miles from Newark for 27 years I couldn't tell the difference between zombie infested Newark and the Newark I knew. ;)

Mike

Interesting... They did a really good CGI makeover then, none of the movie was filmed in the USA.

From IMDB:

"Filming took place in several areas of the UK including Cornwall, England where the UN control room scene was filmed alongside scenes on the Ministry of Defence Primary Casualty Receiving Facility (PCRF), RFA Argus (AS on the flight-deck). Filming also took place in Glasgow, Scotland with the streets made to look like those in Philadelphia with many American cars, trucks, taxis and street signage shipped in from the USA. Also filming took place in Valletta, Malta."

DragonDoc
06-24-13, 22:58
IIRC, that was an M4 that Gerry took from Segen after he amputated her hand, a male IDF soldier had the only Tavor I spied.

Yeah the fuel issue was comical, I also chuckled that they did not leave a security detail with the bird in a hostile area, left the ramp down for anyone to enter, gave an untrained civilian a firearm which resulted in a subsequent dirt nap. They could have used a ramp-mounted belt fed or two as well.

How about launching a C130 of the deck of a carrier. Also, I doubt a C130 can fly from the Atlantic to Korea without refueling.

DragonDoc
06-24-13, 23:02

SPOILER ALERT . . . .

Mike

Funny my wife said the same from when she was stationed at Fort Dix back in the day.

DragonDoc
06-24-13, 23:05

Yes you heard Tavor. Armalite got a shameless plug when Gerry and his family arrived on the carrier.

Moose-Knuckle
06-25-13, 01:42
How about launching a C130 of the deck of a carrier. Also, I doubt a C130 can fly from the Atlantic to Korea without refueling.

Yeah lol, Roger already pointed out the refueling issue in regards to a trans ocean flight, oops. :D

As for the C130 taking off from a carrier, it's been done: :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfwJJD5jGXk

http://www.theaviationzone.com/factsheets/c130_forrestal.asp

RogerinTPA
06-25-13, 10:20

The reason I didn't point it out was that their is or was available a JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) or RATO (Rocket Assisted Take Off) used, but I don't think it was normally used. I've seen them in use with the Blue Angels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a85RTP8Gf_k

I doubt that they'd be available in that type of scenario, but using a Navy Grumman C-2, would have been a better logical choice for carrier ops, but hey it's a movie.

citizensoldier16
06-25-13, 23:36
Best line of the movie: "I was the one man who thought that when they said 'zombies' they actually meant zombies"