PDA

View Full Version : New AZ Gun Law..

slamd095
05-05-13, 13:26
And no one even reported it. I am really hating the media..

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/05/02/new-arizona-gun-law-signed-nobody-notices/

Great write up. Mary Rose isnt all together, and the Author points that out. She is an idiot...Plus, If she was shot in the butt, I think thats because the shooter knew her head was up there....Just saying..

"The governor’s office said it received nearly 2,000 letters, emails or phone calls about the bill, with only 25 opposed. The NRA sent a letter in support of the bill on April 22, which argued that selling seized or forfeited guns “would maintain their value, and their sale to the public would help recover public funds.” The NRA letter said the bill doesn’t prevent a private group from holding an event and destroying the weapons, so watch the gun-grabbers try using that tactic in Arizona.

“However, this measure would ensure that taxpayer resources are not utilized to pursue a political agenda of destroying firearms,” the NRA said.

Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox—a Democrat who champions the buyback events and survived being shot in the buttocks at the end of a 1997 Board of Supervisors meeting—sent a letter to Brewer urging a veto. The bill “would force the resale of guns that would otherwise never have been used for violence,” she wrote. “How many lives would be lost through the use of weapons our citizens hoped to be removed from the hands of criminals?”

Her statement shows a bit of a disconnect from reality—the guns didn’t come from the hands of criminals, and they’re not going to the hands of criminals. It also is a perfect example of many liberals’ point of view; in their minds, guns are evil, and are never used for good. Ever. Period."

CodeRed30
05-06-13, 17:14
Saw this on my FB feed a few days ago. Good on Brewer. I love living in a firearms friendly state.

P2000
05-06-13, 22:08
I heard about this on the local radio, but you are right, nobody seems to care.

Iraqgunz
05-06-13, 23:22
Typical bullshit from these ****s. Equate all gun owners with criminals and insinuate the all gun owners are criminals.

There will be a benefit to the local LE here as they can sell off firearms to get much needed stuff they need. There are other states doing this as well. Since all FFL's must conduct a background check, then it only stands to reason that law abiding citizens will have them unless someone makes a deal with the BATFE to smuggle them south.

LHS
05-10-13, 22:50
In the interim, Phoenix PD is having as many gun buybacks as they can do with private donations before the new law takes effect. I'm going to one tomorrow (2811 North 39th Avenue, Phoenix) to try and buy what I can and save it from destruction. The PPD officers at last week's buyback were by and large very pleasant and openly respected our right to be there, as long as we stayed off the private church property hosting the buyback. I got the distinct impression the rank-and-file shares our opinion on the idiocy of these programs, but they've got a job to do.

CodeRed30
05-11-13, 00:10
Anything good at last week's buyback? I'd like to roll to one or more of these but don't want to roll solo...

LHS
05-11-13, 00:21
Anything good at last week's buyback? I'd like to roll to one or more of these but don't want to roll solo...

I was only at the Broadway location last week, but I saw a few reasonable deals (since we're talking about $100-$200). An FEG Hi-Power clone, an Ishapore Enfield, an SKS of some type. Most of the better stuff showed up after PPD ran out of gift cards, and since they used up about 800 of the 1000 total they had on hand, they'll likely run out faster tomorrow. The only downside is that the church is right between two schools, so it'll be important to stay off the school property.

RyanB
05-11-13, 03:34
ETA: Good on Brewer, not the twat who wrote the article.

I'm sure the guy who wrote the article for GUNSANDAMMO MAGAZINE is a real twat.:rolleyes:

CodeRed30
05-11-13, 04:12
I'm sure the guy who wrote the article for GUNSANDAMMO MAGAZINE is a real twat.:rolleyes:

Ha. That's what I get for reading through multiple threads at a time. Fixed it...

LHS
05-20-13, 00:49
The buyback on the 11th turned out to be more fruitful. A guy got a Colt Delta Elite 10mm 1911 for $117, and I saw another guy walking away with a nice old Winchester .22 Short pump-action gallery gun.

I wasn't able to attend the buybacks yesterday, so I'm not sure what was garnered there.

markm
05-23-13, 15:35
I wanted to go down to one and sell my bad USGI mags. The non functional ones...

I heard they were giving amounts out for evil High cap mags. I also have a POS drop gun 25 acp that someone gave me just to get rid of.

LHS
05-23-13, 16:33
I wanted to go down to one and sell my bad USGI mags. The non functional ones...

I heard they were giving amounts out for evil High cap mags. I also have a POS drop gun 25 acp that someone gave me just to get rid of.

They said they'd only take mags with a gun, not by themselves.

Iraqgunz
05-23-13, 16:49
Is there another one coming up?

The buyback on the 11th turned out to be more fruitful. A guy got a Colt Delta Elite 10mm 1911 for $117, and I saw another guy walking away with a nice old Winchester .22 Short pump-action gallery gun.

I wasn't able to attend the buybacks yesterday, so I'm not sure what was garnered there.

LHS
05-23-13, 17:41
Is there another one coming up?

Not that I can find. Azcentral.com ran an article recently about how PPD will be hard pressed to destroy the guns they got this month before the new law kicks in (which will happen 90 days after the legislative session ends)

Agnostic
05-23-13, 20:32
These anti-gun fools are really offensive. They assume that I have firearms either to kill children or to hunt (which they hate), and that I am too stupid and careless to keep from having a firearm accident in my home. They know that my firearms will be used for NO GOOD, and no intelligent, sophisticated, and cultured individual would ever want to own a firearm! After all, they know what is best for me!

We all know that their goal is to ban any private firearm ownership. However, they are too chicken-shit to attempt to repeal the 2nd amendment. They failed nationally (at least for now), so they are now going to the state level to do their damage.

Good for AZ for passing this law and sending a message to these fools.

LHS
05-23-13, 23:07
And our douchecanoe mayor has pretty much stated they'll stop doing buybacks once the new law comes into effect. My guess is this won't happen again.

markm
05-24-13, 08:16
They said they'd only take mags with a gun, not by themselves.

They must have changed their mind. I remember seeing a price breakout for mags before the first buyback.

Good to know.

LHS
05-24-13, 15:23
They must have changed their mind. I remember seeing a price breakout for mags before the first buyback.

Good to know.

They were paying for mags, but only if you brought in a firearm with them.

slamd095
05-24-13, 16:12
And our douchecanoe mayor has pretty much stated they'll stop doing buybacks once the new law comes into effect. My guess is this won't happen again.

LMAO! You must listen to Holmberg as well.

From what I am reading and finding, certain politicians are pushing Police Departments to destroy what they can. Most of this stupidity started down in Tucson and somehow migrated up to PHX. I am grateful the NRA stepped up like they did in Tucson and helped to lobby against the destruction of those firearms. If this goes well, local gun shops can turn a small profit and keep their doors open a little longer.

Plus..have you seen the news lately?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329951/Woolwich-attack-How-MI5-ex-prisoner-sights-preached-Poundland-just-yards-murder-scene.html

I dont know what in the hell is going on in the world lately. UK has a rash of street butchers killing vet's. I was laughing that crowd in the UK in the photos where they all stood there while these two dudes just carved up people. Where is that ass hat cnn reporter Piers now? Good thing those gun laws are in place in the UK. You wouldnt want someone in that crowd to step forward and park those two souls in hell. :blink:

LHS
05-24-13, 17:24
LMAO! You must listen to Holmberg as well.

Morning Sickness FTW!