PDA

View Full Version : fightin' bipod

DoubleJ
05-06-13, 13:28
I got a Harris on my 204, great bipod, but what do the boys in the service use in lighter rifles like the SPR? Got a troy alpha rail that I'll need to attach it to as well, any ideas for a clean attachment?

Failure2Stop
05-06-13, 14:10
The Atlas has a few vocal proponents.
It does some pretty neat stuff, but at the end of the day when you break it you have to replace a $250 bipod instead of a $100 bipod.
And make no mistake, they all break eventually.

I personally like the HBRMS with "S" lever in the old-school KAC bipod rail mount. It does its job.

kevN
05-06-13, 14:26
I got a Harris on my 204, great bipod, but what do the boys in the service use in lighter rifles like the SPR? Got a troy alpha rail that I'll need to attach it to as well, any ideas for a clean attachment?

I use the Larue version of Harris that cuts out the need for a bipod adapter, and provides a cleaner 1913 solution.

BrigandTwoFour
05-06-13, 16:13
Nothing wrong with a notched leg and swiveling Harris. I have an Atlas that now rides whatever rifle I need in the moment, but the good old Harris is still around and rides on whatever the "backup" happens to be at the moment.

scottryan
05-06-13, 20:15
Atlas bipods are nice for a target or sniper rifle that is stationary.

They are too slow to deploy for a dynamic situation. When I take people on big game hunting trips that have them, they spend too much time dicking around with them. They are just too slow to deploy.

I would get a Harris with notched legs and the pivoting head.

DoubleJ
05-07-13, 06:38
Thanks for the input everyone. Had good luck with Harris so far, so I'll get this

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/920795/noveske-low-profile-sling-swivel-stud-mount-for-troy-trx-trx-alpha-handguards-steel

And another notched/swivel 9-13" and I should be good.

koniz
05-07-13, 19:51
I use the Larue version of Harris that cuts out the need for a bipod adapter, and provides a cleaner 1913 solution.

+1
Great bipod, very solid, never had any problems

markm
05-08-13, 09:36
Atlas bipods are nice for a target or sniper rifle that is stationary.

They are too slow to deploy for a dynamic situation.

This is true. Even just rolling the legs out to sit the gun on the counter is always a small fight.