PDA

View Full Version : modifying a 6004 with heat for a 21SF with X200

Don Robison
03-29-08, 05:28
I bought a 6004 for my G21SF(pic rail). I checked the model number and Safariland says it will fit, but it's the tightest fit I've ever had from a 6004. It currently takes two hands and sometimes a foot to get it out. Any suggestions on loosening it up? Possibly a little heat from a heat gun.

Don Robison
03-29-08, 17:36
Anybody?

NoBody
03-29-08, 17:47
I'd try an exchange to see if it's just "that" holster. Otherwise, return it and get a different rig.

Don Robison
03-29-08, 18:00
That was my first thought, but getting a left hand 6004 without waiting another 2 months is problematic.

mark5pt56
03-29-08, 19:10
I would be concerned with the lining being separated with to much heat. Maybe try putting the weapon and light in there, tighten the tension and let it sit in the full sun for a day and maybe a few days and see if that helps. I've let weapons sit in a holster for a day or so inside and that loosened them up considerably.

Don Robison
03-29-08, 19:44
I would be concerned with the lining being separated with to much heat. Maybe try putting the weapon and light in there, tighten the tension and let it sit in the full sun for a day and maybe a few days and see if that helps. I've let weapons sit in a holster for a day or so inside and that loosened them up considerably.

Good call on using the sun, I'll try that this week after I get back home. It's supposed to be 80ish this week:)

I thought about the lining possibly separating, that was the reason for the question. I was hoping someone had ventured down the heat path before me.

they
03-29-08, 22:07
Set oven for 250.

Good call on using the sun, I'll try that this week after I get back home. It's supposed to be 80ish this week:)

I thought about the lining possibly separating, that was the reason for the question. I was hoping someone had ventured down the heat path before me.

Don Robison
04-02-08, 21:36
Just thought I'd let you know how it worked out.

Since today was near 80 I put it in the holster and locked it in my truck all day.(secure parking lot) It was a little better at the end of the day but still quite tight. It still took two hand to remove the weapon from the holster, but no foot was needed. When I got home I used my heat gun along the sight channel where the top of the slide makes contact. One-two minutes of heat(warm to the touch but not hot) I holstered the weapon and it's a perfect fit. Thirty minutes of dry fire practice from the holster with no glitches.

mark5pt56
04-02-08, 22:12
Woohoo! good news! Glad it worked out for you