PDA

View Full Version : K-VAR Custome Serivice Issue

scottryan
05-06-13, 19:51
I debated about starting this thread today but I decided I had to post this. I couldn't take it anymore. I was on the phone with them for a half hour today.

I got a SGL12-94 shotgun back in January. They used the factory box as the shipping box. Ripped off the factory Russian labels, put packing tape on the end labels and in general completely obliterating the collectability of the box and firearm.

This was a $1500 gun at the time and now they are selling them for $1800. I debated about starting a issue with them but I have let it slide. This is also a theft risk during shipping as it screams "gun inside" and "steal me".

I ordered a SGL31 from them today. I talked to 3 people on the phone to insist my gun would be double boxed. The first customer service girl had no clue. She sounded college age and wasn't a gun person.

She gave me to her manager. The manager was very political and gave me the standard company run around line about how this shipping method is their company policy. I told her a gun's box is worth 10 to 20 percent the value of the gun. She was silent and I could tell she didn't have a clue. I told her it would be in their best interested to start double boxing firearms.

She transferred me to the warehouse guy who said he would double box my gun. He gave my some more political line about how most people don't care and they sell to shooters, not collectors. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

I then talked to him for 10 minutes about how they need to rethink their policy. He said he would run this up to the owner who is a avid gun collector. They had absolutely no clue and I about lost it on the phone.

I ordered a SGL21 from them back in 2009 and it was double boxed.

Be aware this is going on. It is unacceptable this is happening when these items are a theft risk and it is costing the customer money.

rbabbitt767
05-07-13, 20:50
I understand your point, but strictly from a theft risk perspective. I think that the majority of people here are shooters first and collectors second. That being said, it would be very irritating for me as a customer to get a runaround when negotiating the shipping methods of a $1000+ firearm.

Bret
05-07-13, 22:50
It might be OK if their boxes were enough in and of themselves to protect a rifle. However, they're not. I have a couple of Arsenal boxes which the AK charging handle rubbed all the way through. Fortunately, they were shipped to me with an outside box. Someone is now being a cheapo just to save a few bucks. Thanks for the heads up.

scottryan
05-08-13, 11:47
I understand your point, but strictly from a theft risk perspective. I think that the majority of people here are shooters first and collectors second. That being said, it would be very irritating for me as a customer to get a runaround when negotiating the shipping methods of a $1000+ firearm.

It is not fair to the customer to take a 10 to 20 percent hit on their purchase right out of the gate because the dealer was too lazy to double box.

Delemus
05-08-13, 12:59
It is not fair to the customer to take a 10 to 20 percent hit on their purchase right out of the gate because the dealer was too lazy to double box.

This is absolutely correct. I never understood the value until my father gave me some older guns that he still had the box to and I looked up the value. You should tell them you want 20% off due to no box :nono:

BIGUGLY
05-08-13, 17:26
I agree completly, having a gun ship and the box ruined is just plain annoying. Especially down the road when collectors want the box. Losing possibly up to 20% or more is ridiculous.

I was a little annoyed when my rifle shipped from DSG the box was completly blank. No Colt infor on it anywhere. I guess its just a 6940 but it was still a little annoying guess that box is only good for the recycling bin now.

scottryan
05-08-13, 18:52
I even offered to pay more for double boxing and I got the run around.