PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail breeding

murphman
05-06-13, 20:40
So I went to the NRA convention this past weekend, while walking through the hunting rows I saw a strange set of antlers. These antlers looked to have a couple nut sacks hanging from them.

So I go into work today and talk to a buddy that does a bit of hunting to ask what that might be. He was not sure but said maybe it was some strange growth. Anyways we get to talking and he says hey check this out.

Well back when our company purchased a few other companies the owners of the companies we purchased decided to do some whitetail breeding and raising.

This is what they have come up with, I was shocked how young some of these deer are.

http://www.highrollerwhitetails.com/HIGH_ROLLER.html

BIGUGLY
05-06-13, 20:57
For private hunting they have gone the same way as cattle, you buy the best genetics you can afford to make your end product that much better. With the money some people can drop on a hunt they expect to see damn big deer racks running around.

murphman
05-06-13, 21:23
For private hunting they have gone the same way as cattle, you buy the best genetics you can afford to make your end product that much better. With the money some people can drop on a hunt they expect to see damn big deer racks running around.

yeah, I wonder what kind of diet a deer also needs to put this kind of antler growth on. Is it an all natural diet or is it highly hormone injected is what I'm wondering.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-06-13, 21:25
Ya they are big money, guy down the road has a bunch of them. 300k for the buck.

randolph
05-06-13, 21:40
they really pump the protein to the animals, year round.