PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPK

rauchman
05-07-13, 07:21
Greetings all,

Recently purchased a Walther PPK in 7.65mm from a co-worker for a really great price. I don't have anything approaching a true carry pistol and, for the price asked, figured why not?

The pistol is an Interarms import and has a box, but no manual. DA trigger is very heavy, but doable w/ a good grip. The SA trigger is actually not too bad. There doesn't appear to be a slide release. AFAIK, one would need to release the mag and give a slide a slight pull back tug to release the slide.

Some questions...

Does anyone have a link to an owner's manual?
Is 7.65mm the same as 32ACP?
The pistol is in really good shape, but have no idea about spring change intervals and what not. Any advice here?

Any other opinions/comments would be appreciated.

Trajan
05-07-13, 07:25
Manual: http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/walther/upload/other/ppk_ppks.pdf

Yes, 7.65mm Browning is what the Europeans call .32ACP.

rauchman
05-07-13, 07:30
Manual: http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/walther/upload/other/ppk_ppks.pdf

Yes, 7.65mm Browning is what the Europeans call .32ACP.

Excellent! Thank you!

c3006
05-07-13, 16:50
Most of those pistols in 32acp are never shot enuf to fatigue a recoil spring but a fresh one is never a bad idea.

rathos
05-08-13, 03:42
This is the best place to find manuals:

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

High Tower
05-08-13, 05:41
A friend of mine has several of those and he has said that Fiocchi 7.65 is the most reliable in them. He said specifically the 7.65 marked boxes.

You may not have any issues with yours, but if you do Fiocchi may be the way to go. Ya know...when ammo is available again ;)

T2C
05-08-13, 05:41
Most of those pistols in 32acp are never shot enuf to fatigue a recoil spring but a fresh one is never a bad idea.

This is sound advice.

Z71
05-08-13, 07:22
I have a Walther PP 7.65mm pistol...one of the Interarms imported West German police trade ins...my pistol marked with a canceled Baden-Wurttemburg crest and is mechanicaly nice..but appearance challenged.

The PP is a bit bigger than a PPK but is a good pocket-pistol...good fishing-gun...really just a very decent little pistol.

Hmac
05-08-13, 07:45
Lot's of info and excellent resources on these Walther PP pistols at the Walther forums .

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/

rauchman
05-08-13, 10:17
Thank you all for your info. I've played doing some dry fire drills w/ the little pistol and I'm really taking a liking to it. As mentioned earlier, the DA trigger is HEAVY, but with a good grip, it is doable. The SA trigger is pretty decent though. It is now the smallest pistol I own. The next smallest pistol I have is a G26 which feels massive in comparison.

Would I be correct in assuming that FMJ ammo is the way to go on this? I've done a little research to see which ammo is out there. Conclusion....not much right now. Ughhh.

Again, thanks!

MegademiC
05-08-13, 23:23
Nice pistol. A little heavy and outdated, but reliable and easy to shoot in my limited experience with them. Definitely something good to pick up at the right price, IMO. And yes fmj for defensive use. The terminal ballistics forum will have details if you want them.

brushy bill
05-09-13, 18:41
Nice pistol. A little heavy and outdated, but reliable and easy to shoot in my limited experience with them. Definitely something good to pick up at the right price, IMO. And yes fmj for defensive use. The terminal ballistics forum will have details if you want them.

During the late 1990s, I worked for an agency that issued them as backup guns (stainless .380 ppk/s). My experience with it was probably more negative than any gun I've been issued or owned before or after. It had very frequent malfunctions and never ran consistently other than being unreliable. I would suggest extensive testing prior to carry.

T2C
05-09-13, 19:41
I have a stainless .380 caliber Walther PPK that was purchased in 1988. It is well worn from carrying it in my right front pocket, ankle holster and tucked in my waistband. I did not have any reliability issues, but I replaced all of the springs in it about 10 years ago for insurance. It has fired roughly 5,000 trouble free rounds in the past 25 years. I feel comfortable carrying it when I want to carry something other than my J Frame.