PDA

View Full Version : Engraving / Etching / Printing onto a Polymer Lower

DavidSchow
05-07-13, 18:21
I have several New Frontier polymer lowers.

These things are fantastic, by the way.

On my pistol lower, I would like to add the specification that it is, in fact, a pistol lower. My paperwork reflects this and I know legally I'm fine. I would still like to do this.

Is there any simple home way to etch text onto the plastic?

Ryno12
05-07-13, 18:46
I suppose a soldering iron or electric engraver would work.

1911-A1
05-08-13, 11:37
Just curious, what will an etching do for you? If its not factory engraved, it's not going to satisfy anyone challenging its status as a pistol.

A pistol receiver extension that cannot accept a stock should be enough of an identifier.

Hmac
05-08-13, 12:00
Since there are no legal requirements for what you're trying to do, you could use any technique. If we're talking doing it at home the vibrating engraver or a soldering iron as mentioned are about your most logical bets, or perhaps a Dremel with an engraving bit. I'd be more inclined to take it to your local trophy shop.

eodinert
05-08-13, 12:05
New Frontier Armory receivers fantastic? Really? Have you done any research?

There is no requirement to engrave anything, and unless your state has a requirement, there is no 'pistol' registration. What it says on the 4473 is not proof of anything. The legal requirement is that it has never been assembled into a rifle (but there are exceptions to that).

markm
05-08-13, 12:14
New Frontier Armory receivers fantastic? Really? Have you done any research?

"fantastic" is relevant. :D

AKDoug
05-08-13, 20:27
Or irrelevant in this case...

Ryno12
05-08-13, 20:47
Or irrelevant in this case...

Kinda what I was thinking. Just thought I'd be a nice guy & not say anything. ;)

I'm guessing he might've meant "relative".

Sent via Tapatalk

Ryno12
05-08-13, 21:01

AKDoug
05-08-13, 23:06
It's Mark... I think he likes it when we mess with him.

A polymer lower, a slick handguard, equipped with QD sling swivels, all produced by LWRCi is his dream gun :D

uncle money bags
05-08-13, 23:20
It's Mark... I think he likes it when we mess with him.

A polymer lower, a slick handguard, equipped with QD sling swivels, all produced by LWRCi is his dream gun :D

In 300 blackout.