PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about trigger assemblies

PatrioticDisorder
05-08-13, 13:45
Like the title stated, I tried searching and could not find the answer. How long does say a Colt or Daniel Defensetrigger assemblies last before they risk breaking? How bout a Giessele SSA/SSA-E?

T-TAC
05-08-13, 15:26
Use any of the 3 you mentioned and the barrel will probably wear out before the trigger.
Don't lose sleep over it. It isn't any time in the near future! :D

MistWolf
05-08-13, 17:03
As long as you don't try polishing the sears (which will cut through the case hardening) an AR trigger will the life of the rifle, even after tens of thousands of dry fire cycles. They are very durable

cthompson36
05-08-13, 19:31
that's probably the last thing to wear out on an AR

PatrioticDisorder
05-08-13, 19:58
Good to know, I thought I remember reading something a while back the trigger assembly should be changed like every 5-10k rounds.

SMJayman
05-08-13, 20:19
Maybe the hammer spring would need changing if you had some failures to fire, but I haven't seen that on a rifle with over 10k rounds through it. Maybe somebody with a VERY high round count rifle could weigh in, but as others have stated, the trigger assembly, provided it was installed correctly and not messed with, should last a really long time.

Suwannee Tim
05-08-13, 20:35
Good to know, I thought I remember reading something a while back the trigger assembly should be changed like every 5-10k rounds.

I have an LMT MRP with a Spikes 22 barrel with 26K rounds through it, hammer spring broke at 21K. Other than that I have had one other hammer spring break, that on a 5.45 with 11K. Replacing a hammer spring every 10K might be a good idea but not the entire assembly.

_Stormin_
05-08-13, 23:47
Waiting for markm to chime in. I recall him mentioning a Bushmaster with 30K through it. If anything has failed on that one, I am sure that he would recall what it was.

Failure2Stop
05-08-13, 23:50
I've seen a few broken springs and pins, but never an actual breakage of the trigger mechanism or hammer.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.