PDA

View Full Version : Colt Question?

tjhjunk
03-29-08, 22:12
I have a friend who was with me today and was looking at my LMT 16in. carbine and has decided that he wants a AR-15, but he does not want a carbine. I did a lot or research here before I purchased my LMT and was prepared to answer questions concerning a carbine but know very little about a 20in. rifle.

This is what he says he wants... 20 inch Colt with carry handle and full length stock . My question is what Colt is desirable. What to stay away from. Like I told him, Colts are considered top notch and hold there value well. He seemed to want a carry handle. I did explain the versatility of a flat top but he really did not grasp what I was telling him, ( scope, aimpoint ).

He expects to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500.00. So were do we go from there. I think he wants a plinking rifle that will also be used for home defense and still hold good value.

I hope that this is enough information for you all to make some recommendations. Also help me with some dealers where we can purchase. My LMT came from G&R Tactical but have never heard Grant mention a 20 inch rifle of this sort but maybe he could help?

Tim:confused:

m4fun
03-29-08, 23:38
The Pony sells - it has a following, and a lot sold to Uncle to ensure it is mil-spec.

That said, the warning is Colt made some of the pins on the civi rifle different. That is the front pivot pin and the hammer/trigger group pins. Still you can get into the Ford/Chevy debates all over the place, but the bottom line is they are good setups.

I honestly dont even know if Colt sells a 20" commercial gun today, but the platform is so interchangeable, who cares. Really, how many of us have kept their AR platform gun in its original form, except to lock something down as a time piece.

For something of a preban variety A2 or SP1, or even their carbine side, I would hit the big sales boards out there - there always are some for sale.

M4builder
03-30-08, 08:40
Colt MT6700

http://www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-MT6700.html