PDA

View Full Version : NSSF dumps Reed for SHOT

djegators
05-09-13, 17:46
Great news!

NSSF today announced that it has reached an agreement with Reed Exhibitions to terminate the agreement the parties had for the management of the SHOT Show. Accordingly, effective immediately, Reed Exhibitions will no longer be manager and producer of the SHOT Show.

Reed Exhibitions provided excellent service to NSSF and the customers of the SHOT Show for more than three decades, however, the company’s decision to restrict the sale of certain types of firearms this year at its consumer hunting and fishing show — an event unrelated to NSSF and the SHOT Show — was in conflict with NSSF’s mission to serve the shooting sports industry. As a result, both organizations decided it was in the best interest of the SHOT Show to end their relationship.

NSSF is actively engaged in the process of identifying a new show management company to manage and produce the SHOT Show beginning with the 2014 SHOT Show.

The SHOT Show — the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show — is owned and sponsored by NSSF. It is the largest and most comprehensive trade show for all professionals involved with the shooting sports, hunting and law enforcement industries. The 2014 SHOT Show will be held Jan. 14-17 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas.

http://www.nssfblog.com/nssf-statement-on-management-of-the-shot-show/

High Tower
05-09-13, 21:07
Out of curiosity, why the excitement?

I've read the excitement elsewhere but no explanation there either.

andy t
05-09-13, 21:10
IIRC, Reed wanted to ban the display on any AR 15 pattern rifles at a major Northeast hunting/outdoor show - its name eludes me. This caused major upheaval and a lot of participants withdrew from it, causing that show to be cancelled.

High Tower
05-09-13, 21:16
IIRC, Reed wanted to ban the display on any AR 15 pattern rifles at a major Northeast hunting/outdoor show - its name eludes me. This caused major upheaval and a lot of participants withdrew from it, causing that show to be cancelled.

Oh yeah now I made the connection - somewhere in PA I thought.

Good for them

skullworks
05-10-13, 09:12
I saw Reed in action at SHOT and was less than impressed by how they handled one of the exhibitors (who had done nothing wrong).

SteyrAUG
05-10-13, 13:40
The only thing that sucks about this is now Shot Show will likely never return to Orlando.

djegators
05-10-13, 13:45
Not sure it would anyways, its getting to be very large, and needs a place like Vegas that can handle the volume.

sandman99and9
05-10-13, 21:13
Not sure it would anyways, its getting to be very large, and needs a place like Vegas that can handle the volume.

Really ??

Orlando has so many hotel rooms and a huge convention center. Do you have any idea of the many thousands of tourists that descend upon the Orlando/Kissimmee area every summer to go see the mouse ?? When Universal studios finishes the Transformers ride and the Harry Potter expansion there will be even more people here.

There is something like 20,000+ hotel rooms in the greater Orlando area

It is a ****ing zoo around here during the summer crazy season !!

I try to stay away from it but I have accounts around the resorts and one across the street from the Convention center :(

S.M.

High Tower
05-10-13, 21:53
There is something like 20,000+ hotel rooms in the greater Orlando area

As much as I dislike the Vegas venue, well Vegas in general, and would love to go deap sea fishing after the show, they would need more rooms than 20K.

Failure2Stop
05-11-13, 07:05

I've done both Orlando and Vegas SHOT shows, and as much as I hate Vegas, it handles the crowd better.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

sandman99and9
05-11-13, 11:25
I've done both Orlando and Vegas SHOT shows, and as much as I hate Vegas, it handles the crowd better.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

Traffic on International Drive ( convention center ) is a bitch when it is busy. Not nearly big enough to handle the crowds. It is the same on I-4 down near the Disney resorts in the summer time, 1 big parking lot.

There is a lot of entertainment around here though :)

S.M.