PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 glock 17 help

Soxfan9
05-10-13, 18:48
I have a slightly used gen4 G17 (made around 12/11). I took it to the range today for the first time, and fired 100rds wwb, 100 fiocchi jhps, and 17 black talons (found a box way back in the stash). There were no issues extracting feeding or ejecting. The pistol was also accurate. It was lubed and is stock except for the sites.

The issue I had was that the slide seemed slow to go into battery once it cycled to the point that it was 95% closed. It did this on every shot, with all 3 ammo types. Is this a recoil spring assembly issue?

JHC
05-10-13, 19:52
We have experience with 3 of these and I'd say no that's not normal. I'd order up a new RSA first thing. Not expensive.

davidjinks
05-10-13, 20:37
New RSA is needed.

I had this happening with my Gen 4 17 as well as being able to knock it OOB while re-holstering.

Let me check my parts box. If I have a new RSA for a Gen 4 17, it's yours. Just a mailing address will be needed.

I have a slightly used gen4 G17 (made around 12/11). I took it to the range today for the first time, and fired 100rds wwb, 100 fiocchi jhps, and 17 black talons (found a box way back in the stash). There were no issues extracting feeding or ejecting. The pistol was also accurate. It was lubed and is stock except for the sites.

The issue I had was that the slide seemed slow to go into battery once it cycled to the point that it was 95% closed. It did this on every shot, with all 3 ammo types. Is this a recoil spring assembly issue?

ddnguyen9
05-10-13, 21:14
I have a Gen4 G17 and do not have that issue. Try a new RSA. If that doesn't fix it, I would contact Glock.

davidjinks
05-10-13, 22:01
OP,

I have 1 Generation 4 Glock 17 RSA and it's yours. New and unused.

PM me your mailing address.

Soxfan9
05-11-13, 05:29
OP,

I have 1 Generation 4 Glock 17 RSA and it's yours. New and unused.

PM me your mailing address.

Message sent, thanks!. I will try the RSA, and if it persists I will contact Glock.

superuk
05-11-13, 05:39
Glock has always been great for me when contacting customer service. I would feel free to call them. Hopefully they just mail you an RSA and some swag.

T2C
05-11-13, 07:01
If the pistol does not have a lot of rounds through it, this should not be happening.

Clean the chamber thoroughly. Pay close attention to the lead edge of the chamber near the rifling. Use a plastic dental pick to remove any debris that does not come out using a cleaning brush and solvent.

If that does not work, replace the RSA as suggested. I would thoroughly clean the chamber either way.

Matt O
05-11-13, 07:21
We have experience with 3 of these and I'd say no that's not normal. I'd order up a new RSA first thing. Not expensive.

I'd echo this advice. Try a new RSA, perhaps your old one is binding or not fitting somehow, or it was just messed up from the get-go.

G34Shooter
05-12-13, 08:39
It's probably a bad RSA, there's quite a few out there in new Glocks.