PDA

View Full Version : 9mmBullets!!!

ralph
05-11-13, 09:01
For those of you looking for 9mm bullets to load,tjconevera.com has Berry's 115gr double struck plated for sale..$87/1000 shipped.. I just ordered some, move fast if you want'em....

mattg1024
05-11-13, 09:30
Thank You!!

MrSmitty
05-12-13, 19:20
Thanks for the link, missed the plated 115s but got some non plated 124s. Ordered at 1947 and received confirmation email. Then received a non-automated email from John at 1958 letting me know that they will ship out this week. Damn good communication for a Sunday night...

duece71
05-12-13, 19:46
I missed the 115gr as well but I got some of the double struck 124gr. Thank you for the link, this stuff goes fast!! I'll be very glad when it starts to calm down again.

interfan
05-13-13, 00:40
RMR has some too:
http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/category.sc;jsessionid=13FD0C63EDE837529B6C84C296087EED.m1plqscsfapp01?categoryId=12

StrikerFired
05-13-13, 06:52
Thanks for the link, missed the plated 115s but got some non plated 124s. Ordered at 1947 and received confirmation email. Then received a non-automated email from John at 1958 letting me know that they will ship out this week. Damn good communication for a Sunday night...

Same here. While I ordered at different times I thought that John getting to email confirmations on Sunday night was awesome. I just stumbled on to them as I was doing my weekly checks of all the reloading places to find componets.

ralph
05-13-13, 07:34
interfan:
Thanks for the other link..one more place to check for bullets.. When I ordered from Convera's (on Sat.) he had 80,000 115gr bullets in stock.. It's amazing how fast they sold.I myself prefer the plated bullets.. After about 30yrs of shooting cast lead, the plated bullets sure are nice, cleanup is a snap. But, right now I guess we're forced to settle for whatever we can find, whenever we can find it...

MrSmitty
05-13-13, 12:00
RMR has some too:
http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/category.sc;jsessionid=13FD0C63EDE837529B6C84C296087EED.m1plqscsfapp01?categoryId=12

Another source, thank you!

I was looking forward to trying the plated bullets but I've actually been having success with regular cast lead lately so I'm definitely not disappointed in the purchase from TJ Conevera's. I've been loading 125gr LRN that I've been finding locally so I shouldn't have to tweak the load much with the 124s. Using Universal Clays, the Speer 125s only lead the last inch of my M&P FS.

interfan
05-13-13, 12:01
interfan:
Thanks for the other link..one more place to check for bullets.. When I ordered from Convera's (on Sat.) he had 80,000 115gr bullets in stock.. It's amazing how fast they sold.I myself prefer the plated bullets.. After about 30yrs of shooting cast lead, the plated bullets sure are nice, cleanup is a snap. But, right now I guess we're forced to settle for whatever we can find, whenever we can find it...

No problem. I feel the same way. I can do without the cloud of lead dust, dirty dies, and leaded barrels. It is just a headache. That and my wife asked me not to cast my own boolits in the garage anymore since our son was born. She said that the lead exposure could make him as stupid as me:laugh:

I've run the RMR plated through polygonal barrels without any issue of leading or the plating wearing away to lead the barrel. They are also consistent with dimensions and weights, so they are a pretty decent practice/competition load. I have worked up to loads that are near jacketed bullet loads without any issues.

I just bought the frangible 115gr. (and the .224 frangible that is OOS now) in my last order to see how they go. There is a training range at my friend's agency that specifies frangible as a requirement in the shoot-house and on their range. I know that they aren't great (I think that DocGKR has some good info on them in the Terminal Ballistics threads and after reading it, I know that they suck for anything but a limited usage in training), but they're cheap (considering today's market) and will work for this purpose.

RMR seems to keep pumping out supply. Last week they had 147gr RN, and some 54gr frangible .224, too. It seems like they replenish stock pretty frequently.

bulbvivid
05-13-13, 12:22
Montana Gold has had more coming online lately. I ordered a case yesterday.

ralph
05-13-13, 22:01
I tried for 2weeks to catch bullets in stock from MG..I gave up.. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like you have to check their site several times a day, and if you're lucky, something you could use will pop up in stock.. usually it's there for just a little while, and then they're sold out..
I just checked again, and they're sold out of everything..

RMR has 124gr plated in stock, $95/1000 shipped, I ordered 1k this morning, was told when I placed the order, it'll take about 2weeks to fill, that's ok, I have 2k coming from Conevera's and another 1k in the basement.. I've plenty of primers, powder, brass. Now at least, I'll be able to get some meaningful practice in..

RCI1911
05-14-13, 12:28
RMR is down to 500 count boxes of the 124gr RN. $55 per 500 shipped. Not terrible...I ordered 1k to keep from getting into my "stash".