PDA

View Full Version : Noveske N4 Basic Light- Carbine or Midlength?

Ace4
05-12-13, 11:03
Not a comparison, but a question. I ordered a Noveske N4 Basic Light Carbine upper that I thought was a mid length, but upon opening, it's a carbine. Every site I see this upper on (and obviously the one i purchased from) its advertised as mid length gas with mid length handguard. I haven't had a reply from the vendor yet on my 2 tries, and noveske said I have to I through the vendor. I don't plan on returning it, as I think the specs are all the same other than the gas, but what gives? How does that happen? Did i get an old one from the back of the warehouse? The sku on my order matches the sku on my box." I now have a brand new centurion mid length cutout rail that needs a new home.

newyork
05-12-13, 11:12
The N4 Basic light and light Lo Pros used to all be carbine length. You must have been sold an old one without being told.

pingdork
05-12-13, 12:08
The N4 Basic light and light Lo Pros used to all be carbine length. You must have been sold an old one without being told.

Ahh that explains it. I coulda swore I thought Noveske only has midlengths.

Ace4
05-12-13, 12:08
That's what I was thinking...how long ago did they switch to midlength carbines? I bought this less than a month ago from a noveske distributor. Seems weird that it would pop up in April of this year. I imagine the consensus would be to just run it and be happy with it, but I am one of those guys that likes getting the product that I paid for, too... So I dont have a lot of money to go get another, i want simple, quality durable rifles wihout spending big money, that i dont have to worry about, which i think i have in a bcm and a noveske, but I don't like being mislead either... It makes me feel like what else isn't as advertised.

AKDoug
05-12-13, 12:15
My first google search found that Delta3 tactical lists it as a carbine gas. The Recce version is listed as middy. DSG does not. Frankly, if it's listed wrong on their website they should have zero issues taking care of you.

pingdork
05-12-13, 12:16
I'd return it. Probably nothing wrong with it, but it's not what was described, and you paid for the rail already. Only thing that'd make me consider keeping it is if I had no other rifles and needed a rifle NOW. These days noveske uppers are scarce.

Ace4
05-12-13, 12:31
Thanks for the insight, I am gonna return it and get what i ordered. I can't sell the rail for what I got it for(just to order the carbine version), so it's turning into a hassle to free up funds. If I sell it who knows when that upper will come available... It took me 5 months to score my noveske lower without spending $300-400 (rainier arms ftw!) but livin in Cali the sooner I receive my parts the better lol

trinydex
05-17-13, 12:52
they don't make carbine length anymore huh?

i had been looking for one in hopes that i could build an m4 clone but with noveske goods.

Ace4
05-17-13, 13:11
I don't know if they don't make it anymore, or if I got a dinosaur... But I ended up keeping it. The vendor was gonna swap it out for me, but couldn't give a eta on when the mid would be in. It isn't that big a deal to me to not have it at all... I am just gonna return the centurion rail for a carbine one and all is good. Plus I got a gen 1 chainsaw for a good price so I should have a simple build for about what it should go for anyways.

jstalford
05-17-13, 16:34
What vendor was it? I'll take a carbine length one :).

RyanB
05-17-13, 16:57
There's at least one vendor that orders carbine gas barrels from Noveske still.

Col_Crocs
05-17-13, 22:59
^uhhh... Care to say who?? Kinda leaving the carbine crowd hanging here. :happy: