PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone. This is my rifle, it is for fun

Jim W
03-30-08, 13:20
Built this a year ago. It's your standard CavArms MkII lower (buffer and grease gun mag conversion) with an SRT suppressed Oly Arms Upper.

I'm using a cheap POS scope because happens to have notches every 5 MOA and the bullet drops 10 inches at 100 yards. I want to get an EoTech, but I cant think of any way to do the holdover for longer distance shots.

http://i26.tinypic.com/smt7ao.jpg

Seth Harness
03-30-08, 15:54
I dont know about anyone else but that upper is BA. :cool:

ckay
03-31-08, 22:12
Nice build :cool:

Jim W
04-01-08, 03:32
Any ideas for an optic that would be useful for judging bullet drop? 45 ACP bleeds off speed very slowly but it has a rainbow trajectory.

I really love EoTechs but I can't live without bullet drop compensation. An Eotech would be fine out to probably 50 yards and definitely adequate for racoons and possums, but I want to be able to reach farther.

I know there was a "post your reticle" thread on AR-15 but I hate AR-15 on general principles.

Seth Harness
08-31-08, 23:31
Hows this coming???
Did you find an optic worthy of your cauze?

Quick Karl
09-05-08, 10:36
I hate AR-15 on general principles.

Roger that.

Littlelebowski
09-05-08, 10:46
Any ideas for an optic that would be useful for judging bullet drop? 45 ACP bleeds off speed very slowly but it has a rainbow trajectory.

I really love EoTechs but I can't live without bullet drop compensation. An Eotech would be fine out to probably 50 yards and definitely adequate for racoons and possums, but I want to be able to reach farther.

I know there was a "post your reticle" thread on AR-15 but I hate AR-15 on general principles.

Contact a guy named "Chad" on here. He works for Pride Fowler Optics and can probably help you.

markm
09-05-08, 10:53
How far are you wanting to shoot?

Have you chrono'd any loads out of this?