PDA

View Full Version : Heine Sights???

jerhelo
05-12-13, 20:41
Anyone running Heine sights on a glock? I was looking at a set of their three dot nights sights and them seem like a pretty good set of sights. Are they durable, glow well etc etc???

Ryno12
05-12-13, 20:47
I have a set of the Heine 3 dots. I've been happy with them so far. I guess I'd prefer them to have the white outline around the tritium but other than that, they're fine.

Sent via Tapatalk

bleaman225
05-12-13, 20:55
I ran a set of Heinie Staright 8 Ledge sights on my G19 for a couple years. I liked them alot, only got rid of them because the front sight didn't take to kindly to the gun being dropped on the ground. Landed just right to break the tritium vial. Certainly no fault of Heinie's...

If you like the looks of them, find someone local with them or buy a set and give them a try. It's the only way you will find out if YOU like them.

Cylinder Head
05-12-13, 21:38
I have Heinie Straight 8's on my HK's and they've converted me completely to two dot setups on my pistols.

ovlov28
05-12-13, 22:01
I got a set of strait 8 ledge's for my G19, they are worlds better than the factory Glock sights. I think I prefer the Trijicon HD's on my XD45 nightstand gun more though. The painted front on the HD's is way fast to pick up in the daylight, and 3 dot's are a little more intuitive at night than the strait-8 set up for me currently (just have had the Heine's for 2 weeks now, and my first strait-8 set up- gotta get used to them :) ).

I do like the strait 8 when it is light out, without white outlines around the tritium, the sights line up quickly. I suppose I could always put some paint on the front sight if I want it later down the road, but I am happy with them, but if I was going to make a twin to this G19 I would try the Triji' HD's on that one.

duece71
05-13-13, 06:08
Heinie Straight 8 ledge for both my G17 and G19. Couldn't be happier.

JB13
05-14-13, 21:24
I have straight 8's on my G17 and love them. I am putting Warren/Sevigny on my other G17 to compare them in a few weeks.

one
05-15-13, 16:54
They're great sights. Especially for me in their straight eight/ledge configuration. I've got a set of each on my 26 and 21. The only thing I've found I like as well are the RB1's. Which I run on a 19 and 17.

Both my HK45 and 45C have the suppressor sights on them and a P30 will eventually be getting a set of Heinie's. Unfortunately they don't seem to be producing a ledge variant for that gun.

So yeah, I've liked them enough to invest considerably in them on various pistols.

rathos
05-15-13, 18:24
they are awesome and on sale at brownells right now.

Talon167
05-15-13, 18:31
Straight eight edge on my G23 and Straight eight suppressor height on my USP-Tact 40.

cpekz
05-15-13, 18:56
Ran Heine Strait 8's on both my G19 and G26 and loved them. Solid sights IMO.

jmoore
05-15-13, 19:30
Not on a glock - but straight 8s on a dan wesson valor 1911.
They're yTHE dimmest night sights i've ever seen! Factory glocks on my g17 are far brighter. OTOH - they're damn good in bright light.

john

brianc142
05-18-13, 07:35
Heinie sights have been around longer than most. I have used them on 1911's and Glocks for years. They are as good as anything else on the market. Having said that, I've also been using Warrens for several years and most recently the Ameriglo Hack version. You can't go wrong with Heinie though.

Army Chief
05-18-13, 08:22
Not on a glock - but straight 8s on a dan wesson valor 1911.
They're yTHE dimmest night sights i've ever seen! Factory glocks on my g17 are far brighter. OTOH - they're damn good in bright light.

john

I prefer them on the 1911, as well.

I know what you mean about the dimness factor, though I sometimes think we make too much of brightness. In a true low-light environment, you'll likely be able to pick up a "dim" night sight without too much overt difficulty (because you know precisely where to be looking for them, if nothing else), but some of the brightest units out there almost make me wonder if they are throwing off too much illumination. I don't exactly want a potential adversary to be able to deduce my position if I'm moving in the dark because he's able to spot my super-glow nuke sights from across the room.

Granted, I realize this is a point of relatively little concern in the real world, but, so long as I can put a sight picture together well enough to print on target, it doesn't really matter to me that they be ultra bright, and in fact, many experienced shooters have come to prefer a single medium-intensity night sight dot up front, as this offers more than enough capability with just a bit of practice.

Not sure that I've added much to our body of knowledge here -- just offering a few points to ponder. Extreme brightness can potentially be something of a liability, as well as a godsend. Truth be told, there are relatively few situations in civil life where one wouldn't be far better served by a powerful hand/weapon light (for target discrimination), but that certainly doesn't negate the utility of a decent night sight. Just have to consider your environment, I suppose.

AC

Swag
05-18-13, 10:04
Anyone running Heine sights on a glock? I was looking at a set of their three dot nights sights and them seem like a pretty good set of sights. Are they durable, glow well etc etc???

Put a set of Slants Straight8s on my G24 and they're GTG on all accounts. Will be getting more.

BTW, I figured out a simple way of loading a semi one-handed without needing a ledge type sight or fancy contortioning. Place the semi flat on the ground, butt up (upside down), apply a little downward pressure and rack. Simple and fast.

99HMC4
05-18-13, 19:38
Only thing I don't like about my strait 8s are my eyes try to line up the dots rather than stack them. So I tend to shot low, however I like them....

nikuraba29
05-18-13, 19:40
I have Heinie Straight 8's on my HK's and they've converted me completely to two dot setups on my pistols.

+1 I run Heinie Straight 8's on my HK as well, total convert. As well as will be converting my other pistols as funds allow.

S/F

ralph
05-18-13, 19:53
Was considering a set for a HK P-30, and have a couple of questions for those of you who have them on a HK..The last time I looked at Heinie's, they were using set screws for front and rear sights, that looked (from the pics that I saw) as if they were sticking above the sights.. do they still do this? second I've read more than a few posts both here and elsewhere, about people getting sights with the trijicon lamps installed off-center..has this issue been resolved? I've narrowed my choices down to either 10-8's or Heinie's....

LtDave
05-18-13, 20:00
Was considering a set for a HK P-30, and have a couple of questions for those of you who have them on a HK..The last time I looked at Heinie's, they were using set screws for front and rear sights, that looked (from the pics that I saw) as if they were sticking above the sights.. do they still do this? second I've read more than a few posts both here and elsewhere, about people getting sights with the trijicon lamps installed off-center..has this issue been resolved? I've narrowed my choices down to either 10-8's or Heinie's....

The screws in the front do stick up. A couple of minutes with a file fixed it to my satisfaction. Lamps are fine on mine (HK45).

Mr. Greene
05-18-13, 20:04
I've had them on several Glocks and liked them, always gave me a good sight picture. recentley I have switched to the 10-8 sights similar to the Heinie but with a "U" notch which I prefer. still have a set of plain Heinie's on a Glock in an E&E bag though and will keep that set up. you cant go wrong with them

one
05-19-13, 01:02
.The last time I looked at Heinie's, they were using set screws for front and rear sights, that looked (from the pics that I saw) as if they were sticking above the sights.. do they still do this? second I've read more than a few posts both here and elsewhere, about people getting sights with the trijicon lamps installed off-center..has this issue been resolved? I've narrowed my choices down to either 10-8's or Heinie's....

First the set screws come oversized in length. On the set I installed myself on a full size 45 I left them slightly sticking up. On the 45C slide I sent to Heinie to have them installed they fitted the screws and they don't stick up. So if you send in your slide, Which I would recommend you do, it likely won't be an issue.

Regarding the offset lamps. They are that way slightly on the 45C. don't recall offhand on the full size gun. There were comments online one time that Heinie was producing his sights slightly off center purposely to allow for guns impacting off center or shooters doing this. I don't now if that's accurate or not but I could swear that Vicker's commented something on that during the last class I was in.