PDA

View Full Version : Sigs cust.service update

texasgunhand
05-14-13, 10:46
I know that we have all heard the stories or seen You tube vids were people have had problems with them. So when I called them about my buttstock being a little loose, I was told I would have to send the gun back to them to have a new one put on. This pissed me off!!

I called and asked to speak to a Manager and told him that I would not send the gun back over a problem such as a sloppy buttstock and would just order a new one from BCM and slid it on. At the $40 cost to me and be done with it. Its not really that big of a deal but shipping the gun back was a big deal to me.

I was then told they would ship me out a new buttstock at no cost. With a shipping label to return the old one so they could see what happened or why it was sloppy. When I checked on the order they had shipped a Magpul moe stock instead on the stock M4 stock.

I thought ohh no, thats the wrong one. I want the stock stock, So I could keep the Sig logo on it and keep a stock look. I called to let them know there had been a mistake made and that I wanted the stock M4 stock, not the Magpul moe.

They said they were gona upgrade it to the moe for free and to just ship back the stock stock and keep the moe at no charge. So i asked if I could pay for the cheaper stock so I could keep the stock stock? He said no sir just keep them both and have a nice day! At this point i thought wow this is how they used to be..

The guy I talked to first was an A-HOLE !! But after getting a Manager involved. They did what they should, and this has been how they have been to me, anyway, very helpfull and answered every dumb thing ive asked, every time, If they could. Just thought I would take the time to post this here for the Sig guys...Maybe things are getting a little better at SIG. I told him of the things ive seen and heard about the guys who answer the phone for them,and that he should look into it,but who knows what they will do,but at least it gives hope..

Averageman
05-18-13, 09:15
I know that we have all heard the stories or seen You tube vids were people have had problems with them. So when I called them about my buttstock being a little loose, I was told I would have to send the gun back to them to have a new one put on. This pissed me off!!

I called and asked to speak to a Manager and told him that I would not send the gun back over a problem such as a sloppy buttstock and would just order a new one from BCM and slid it on. At the $40 cost to me and be done with it. Its not really that big of a deal but shipping the gun back was a big deal to me.

I was then told they would ship me out a new buttstock at no cost. With a shipping label to return the old one so they could see what happened or why it was sloppy. When I checked on the order they had shipped a Magpul moe stock instead on the stock M4 stock.

I thought ohh no, thats the wrong one. I want the stock stock, So I could keep the Sig logo on it and keep a stock look. I called to let them know there had been a mistake made and that I wanted the stock M4 stock, not the Magpul moe.

They said they were gona upgrade it to the moe for free and to just ship back the stock stock and keep the moe at no charge. So i asked if I could pay for the cheaper stock so I could keep the stock stock? He said no sir just keep them both and have a nice day! At this point i thought wow this is how they used to be..

The guy I talked to first was an A-HOLE !! But after getting a Manager involved. They did what they should, and this has been how they have been to me, anyway, very helpfull and answered every dumb thing ive asked, every time, If they could. Just thought I would take the time to post this here for the Sig guys...Maybe things are getting a little better at SIG. I told him of the things ive seen and heard about the guys who answer the phone for them,and that he should look into it,but who knows what they will do,but at least it gives hope..

These guys are the biggest A'holes in the Industry.
Welcome to the loving world of Sig Customer Service.

n4p226r
05-18-13, 16:51
I've had a few times I had to deal with sig customer service. One was on a classic 22 p229. The guide rod spring was digging into the guide rod. Causing the slide not to go into battery sometimes. I filed down the sharp part of the spring and it worked perfectly. I called to order a spring and guide rod. When they asked why I needed one intold them the story. They put it in the mail no charge.

The second time I had the extractor (or ejector can never remember which is which) that is punched into the 22lr barrel fall out. They send me a return label. I put the entire slide in the box and mailed it. The guy I sent it to apparently quit or was fired and had the box under his desk. Once they found it (about two weeks after I shipped it) they overnight ups'd it to me and even put it in one of the blue classic 22 slide boxes as if you ordered a new slide.

Overall I was treated great and the service was excellent even though there was a slight mixup the second time.

mattg1024
05-18-13, 18:31
I don't live far from the Academy and have never had issues with the CS. Being in person helps though I would assume.

Mr. Greene
05-18-13, 20:52
well at least you got taken care of. its a shame when CS people dont understand what CS means.

Samson1
05-18-13, 21:42
Maybe things are getting a little better at SIG.

Doubt it. they've been spotty for years.

Averageman
05-19-13, 00:43
I've heard nothing but good things about CS with handguns.
I can assure you that my ordeal went through six months two rifles and in the end I traded mine off in frustration.
I will never be the Beta tester with my dollars again for any company. Sig was just terrible at the time and I honestly cannot answer for how they are now; but I wouldn't buy another rifle from them as long as there are other choices.