PDA

View Full Version : Should Congress begin impeachment proceedings against Obama

crusader377
05-16-13, 14:38
With the Benghazi cover up, IRS targeting of groups who disagree with the administration, DOJ wiretaps of the press and possibly congress, and Operation Fast and Furious, their seems to definitely a culture of corruption and outright criminality at the Obama administration. The poll question is with these scandals, Should President Obama be impeached?

Mauser KAR98K
05-16-13, 14:41
They need to wait until they get more information; or when the Executive branch starts not complying with critical subpoenas.

If any thing, this is the start, but they need to keep their lead foots from slamming on the accelerator.

Grand58742
05-16-13, 15:05
Won't do a bit of good. Bill Clinton lied his way using semantics through the entire process the last time. There was a Republican controlled Senate then and they were still 17 votes shy of the majority they needed.

This time there is a Democrat controlled Senate, same abuse of power and lies and popularity for a sitting President is still riding higher than normal.

Do I think he needs to be impeached? Yeah, since Fast and Furious. However, utter waste of time, race card gets played so often it makes you sick, makes us the laughing stock of the world and he comes off either more powerful than before or clean as a whistle.

An Undocumented Worker
05-16-13, 15:14
The short and simple is all of this happened going up to the last elections. These actions may have swayed the election results, therefor his election is based on fraud.

From a simple standpoint of justice, impeachment proceedings need to occur.

gunrunner505
05-16-13, 15:16
Welcome to Illinois politics on a national scale.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Army Chief
05-16-13, 15:24
Clicking on a poll response here is like tossing a hand grenade into a room and running. No disrespect intended to the OP, but the poll choices are hopelessly irrelevant without supporting dialogue, and my fear here is that most of the supporting dialogue is going to be of the "vitriolic rhetoric" variety.

Assuming they exist, the facts that would best support something like an impeachment are surely going to be carefully-protected by those in power, so it seems that we are destined to continue examining only those portions of the iceberg that remain visible above the waterline.

Let's take care here to stay on point, and discuss facts, rather than air our laundry lists of reasons why our chief executive may have been "weighed in the balance and found wanting."

Thanks,
AC

a0cake
05-16-13, 15:38
The poll seems incomplete. The following options:

"No, it would be a waste of time."

AND

"No, the Obama administration did nothing wrong."

...leave out a reasonable option. "No, it would be a waste of time" implies that Obama should be impeached as a matter of principle but it wouldn't be a good tactical move for utilitarian reasons. And "No, the Obama administration did nothing wrong" doesn't leave the option open that the Obama administration has done lots of things wrong, but they do not warrant impeachment.

It's possible to think that Obama has done a number of things severely wrong but should not be impeached. The "Obama administration did nothing wrong" option doesn't capture the sentiment that he's done many wrongs.

Belmont31R
05-16-13, 15:46
No.

These types of scandals take a long time to play out. Simply calling for impeachment right now without all your ducks in a row isn't prudent.

That said I think there is enough here to aggressively pursue the facts and that they might lead to having enough.

Palmguy
05-16-13, 17:09
It's hard for me to conceive of something, anything, that President Obama could do that would achieve enough votes in the Senate for conviction.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

glocktogo
05-16-13, 17:29
Not without direct evidence that he directed or approved of the IRS actions. It would be a waste of time without that. :(

polymorpheous
05-16-13, 17:39
No way in hell they will impeach the 1st minority president.
He is untouchable and he knows it.

gunrunner505
05-16-13, 19:18
No way in hell they will impeach the 1st minority president.
He is untouchable and he knows it.

And here I thought justice was blind.

Honu
05-16-13, 19:29
And here I thought justice was blind.

saying justice or blind is code word for racist :)

since everything is code word for racist these days :)

moonshot
05-16-13, 22:52
Impeach Obama? It's tempting, and he deserves it, but be careful what you wish for - it may come true.

Imagine...President Biden.

SteyrAUG
05-16-13, 23:05
Won't do a bit of good. Bill Clinton lied his way using semantics through the entire process the last time. There was a Republican controlled Senate then and they were still 17 votes shy of the majority they needed.

This time there is a Democrat controlled Senate, same abuse of power and lies and popularity for a sitting President is still riding higher than normal.

Do I think he needs to be impeached? Yeah, since Fast and Furious. However, utter waste of time, race card gets played so often it makes you sick, makes us the laughing stock of the world and he comes off either more powerful than before or clean as a whistle.

Saved me some typing.

Endur
05-17-13, 04:41
I am surprised this question had to be asked on here.. but yes.

Phillygunguy
05-17-13, 09:35
Impeach Obama? It's tempting, and he deserves it, but be careful what you wish for - it may come true.

Imagine...President Biden.

Still be better than O vomit at least he's too stupid to get away with shit

yellowfin
05-17-13, 11:39

Imagine...President Biden.A complete imbecile like him would be much easier to thwart rather than the skilled saboteur we have right now.

ridgerunner70
05-17-13, 12:06
Maybe this will tie up this administration's agenda for a while. This administration is working really hard to cover track's taking there time up trying to pass ridiculious laws.

GeorgiaBoy
05-17-13, 13:30
The poll seems incomplete. The following options:

"No, it would be a waste of time."

AND

"No, the Obama administration did nothing wrong."

...leave out a reasonable option. "No, it would be a waste of time" implies that Obama should be impeached as a matter of principle but it wouldn't be a good tactical move for utilitarian reasons. And "No, the Obama administration did nothing wrong" doesn't leave the option open that the Obama administration has done lots of things wrong, but they do not warrant impeachment.

It's possible to think that Obama has done a number of things severely wrong but should not be impeached. The "Obama administration did nothing wrong" option doesn't capture the sentiment that he's done many wrongs.

Exactly.

I'm sure the OP is not trying to intentionally use pollster tricks but those kind of questions are really alienating.

a1fabweld
05-17-13, 14:06
Nah. It'll never happen. The media & over half of the country are gargling Obama's scrotum & lovin' it. He loves it even more. He's not going anywhere until his term is up. The condition of the nation will really be ****ed off by then.

VooDoo6Actual
05-20-13, 22:53
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/scandalbracket_zpsb9815753.png (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/teehee321/media/scandalbracket_zpsb9815753.png.html)

Irish
05-20-13, 23:25
http://teresainfortworth.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/obama-nixon-3.jpg

Endur
05-20-13, 23:48
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/scandalbracket_zpsb9815753.png (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/teehee321/media/scandalbracket_zpsb9815753.png.html)

I love it! That wild card should be the Fast & Furious scandal though.