PDA

View Full Version : LWRC 12" SPR-MOD handguard question

Sendit_Hit
05-16-13, 17:51
First off, glad to be posting my first thread here... You guys are a wealth of knowledge and I've learned a lot from lurking.

So I need a little insight on LWRC parts. I have an M6A2 with the normal LWRC midlength freefloat quad rail. I prefer to run longer/smooth handguards, and have already ordered the Samson EVO 12.37" rail system. It occurred to me (once I placed my order of course) that it might be possible to track down the handguard LWRC uses on their SPR's, the 12" SPR-MOD they derived from the REPR. If it's possible to keep the gun all LWRC, I'd prefer it, (plus, the SPR-MOD is 20% lighter according to LWRCI.com)

I've done some searching and as far as I know, LWRC has never offered their SPR-MOD handguard as a stand alone product. Is my best bet to try and find someone who took their's off of their SPR? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, since the SPR uses the same midlength piston system as the A2, an SPR-MOD handguard should be a simple install on the M6A2, right?

TIA

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-16-13, 21:06
I would ask this question on LWRC forum, good luck hope you find your answer.

ddnguyen9
05-16-13, 21:16
The LWRC website does not list rails for sale. I wanted to change out the rail on my LWRC M6 AR Pistol to a longer rail as well. I haven't had a chance to call LWRC directly. I am hoping they can offer the longer rail if you spoke to a rep on the phone. I will try soon and post an update here.

Sendit_Hit
05-16-13, 21:32
The LWRC website does not list rails for sale. I wanted to change out the rail on my LWRC M6 AR Pistol to a longer rail as well. I haven't had a chance to call LWRC directly. I am hoping they can offer the longer rail if you spoke to a rep on the phone. I will try soon and post an update here.

Thanks for the advice. That's my next move... I sent an email to LWRC on their site, and just posted in their forums. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, see if they have any info for me. Thanks again:D

ldub5818
They dont offer it, mainly because it would require all new piston parts as the spr uses a different setup. Your best bet is the samson or ranier evo.

Sendit_Hit
also, ddnguyen9 I'll let you know if I get any information.

Riddle
05-16-13, 21:43
the spr HG is dead sexy, i think youll be very hard pressed to find someone willing to give up theirs. heres mine.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5vdglu.jpg

Sendit_Hit
05-16-13, 22:20
They dont offer it, mainly because it would require all new piston parts as the spr uses a different setup. Your best bet is the samson or ranier evo.

Gotcha, so even if it someone was willing to part with theirs, its not exactly plug and play?

Sendit_Hit
05-16-13, 22:22
the spr HG is dead sexy, i think youll be very hard pressed to find someone willing to give up theirs. heres mine.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5vdglu.jpg

Man that's freaking nice...

Sendit_Hit
05-21-13, 00:38
Hey guys, resurrecting this thread to quickly give an update for those interested... LWRC reps returned my email. Here is my questions and their response:

"Hello, I have a M6A2 with the standard midlength quad rail, and I am a really big fan of the 12" SPR-MOD hand guard. This brings up two questions: 1) Is the 12" SPR-MOD handguard compatible with the M6A2, and can be installed easily? 2) If it is compatible, where can I get the SPR-MOD handguards? I didn't think you produce them by themselves for sale, but if you do I'm very interested. If you don't, any suggestions as far as resources to find them? Thanks."

Their response:
"The answer to both questions is no. The SPR rail is not for sale and cannot be easily put onto an A2. The only real option is to purchase an SPR upper."

Ah well. Time to save up for an SPR.

ldub5818
05-21-13, 10:44
Thats what I was getting at man. You would literally be better off getting an upper by itself. FWIW, Modern Outfitters(i believe?!?) has a post up at the lwrci forums in which they are trying to fit a bunch of new handguards to a m6 legacy upper. I know one of the vltor's will fit with minimal fitting, fingers crossed on the urx's. I am almost positive it wont fit, but itd be nice if the NSR would fit.

Just as a little tease for ya, my spr with some modded URX rail covers and handstop.
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd373/Vdub818/20130122_154213.jpg

markm
05-21-13, 11:00

Yup. Not too many garbage shooters here. :p

ldub5818
05-21-13, 13:36
Yup. Not too many garbage shooters here. :p

It never ceases....