PDA

View Full Version : Hand stop for Troy Alpha Rail?

awpk03s
05-17-13, 19:56
Is there a hand stop out there that can direct mount to the holes in a Troy Alpha rail? (Not counting mounting to the little rail sections supplied with the Alpha)

Thanks!

jbecker
05-17-13, 20:36
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/category/mount-n-slot/weapon-control-mount/

awpk03s
05-17-13, 20:43
Perfect! Thanks!

GH41
05-18-13, 06:28
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/category/mount-n-slot/weapon-control-mount/

What keeps this from spinning other than screw tension? GH

stretch28
05-18-13, 09:36
What keeps this from spinning other than screw tension? GH

The side which mounts to the rail is curved to match the rail. It's a single screw mounting through one of the holes in the rail and could move a little based on the size of the hole in the rail and the size of the screw if loose, but only enough to for the screw to hit the side of the hole in the rail.

I hope that description makes sense.

GH41
05-18-13, 10:31
The side which mounts to the rail is curved to match the rail. It's a single screw mounting through one of the holes in the rail and could move a little based on the size of the hole in the rail and the size of the screw if loose, but only enough to for the screw to hit the side of the hole in the rail.

I understand how it mounts. The problem is the holes in an Alpha rail are 1/2" diameter. GH

MOUNT-N-SLOT
05-18-13, 23:15
I understand how it mounts. The problem is the holes in an Alpha rail are 1/2" diameter. GH

The backing plates we send are .650" long. When you center them in the hole, and tighten them down, the hand stop and rail surface lock together and the thing remains fixed. We've not had a return or complaint regarding this. You'll be GTG!

HalliganJoel
05-19-13, 00:10
I run an IWC weapon control mount on my Troy vtac alpha rail. Another reason that keeps it from spinning around is the surface that mates to the rail is slightly concave to match the convex shape of the rail. I like it alot. I also run one on my AK handguards (one on a rail and another after drilling a hole in them to screw it in)

hal_5555
05-19-13, 12:10
another DIY option...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99175&highlight=larue+handstop

m1a_scoutguy
05-19-13, 14:38

The backing plates we send are .650" long. When you center them in the hole, and tighten them down, the hand stop and rail surface lock together and the thing remains fixed. We've not had a return or complaint regarding this. You'll be GTG!

I have used this setup for years on my Troy Rails & it works GREAT !!! Quality product !! :):)

Zero Signal
05-19-13, 19:37
Got one of these handstops a few months back.. Love it.

awpk03s
05-22-13, 21:32
I ordered a couple of them on Sunday night from IWS. Said they were in stock, hope I can get them for this weekend to finish my build.

NeoNeanderthal
05-22-13, 22:06
I've got a vtac alpha and got a magpul MVG and reshaped it. Its got two little tabs that keep it from rotating. Then i cut it down to form a handstop.

Monarchos
11-04-13, 12:53
Is it possible to install the iwc slide stop mount n slot on the vtac alpha without removing the hand guard?

SWIGIN
11-04-13, 15:18
I've seen these in person, they are nice.

http://www.lancotactical.com/Default.asp

philpac33
11-05-13, 00:35
Is it possible to install the iwc slide stop mount n slot on the vtac alpha without removing the hand guard?

Yes. My technique is pretty ghetto but it works for me. Find something thin yet stiff, length will depend on how far in from the end of the rail you want to mount it. Attach a piece of tape to hold your backer, hold in place to get the screw started and remove. When I first got my 15" Troy/VTAC I experimented with the rail sections at 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00 to mount an HSP/Inforce WML; ended up removing them when I realized 12:00 was far superior. That fiddling around made it easy when I later mounted a modified Larue handstop. Like I said, pretty ghetto but I'd rather not remove the rail over and over again.