PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Dynamics wait times?

HalliganJoel
05-18-13, 17:38
Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience ordering from Rifle Dynamics. I sent in my russian Arsenal back in January 2012. Coming up on 15 months gone. I'm sure I'm close, just wondering if anybody else had one.

Iraqgunz
05-18-13, 17:55
Why don't you call them and ask instead of posting here? Last I heard at SHOT they were about 18 months behind.

HalliganJoel
05-18-13, 22:28
Why don't you call them and ask instead of posting here? Last I heard at SHOT they were about 18 months behind.

I figure everytime someone calls or e-mails it increases the wait time. I was just wondering if anyone else had first hand experience.

Iraqgunz
05-19-13, 02:36
In this situation all things considered I would want to know where my AK is at.

I figure everytime someone calls or e-mails it increases the wait time. I was just wondering if anyone else had first hand experience.

Littlelebowski
05-19-13, 06:07
I'd be raising hell. There's a thread on LightFighter about this sort of thing with RD. Took way too long and the order wasn't done right.

Littlelebowski
05-19-13, 07:02
http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7206084761/m/79020632173

Iraqgunz
05-20-13, 03:09
No one can read this because you have to be registered/ logged in.

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7206084761/m/79020632173

Littlelebowski
05-20-13, 06:48
No one can read this because you have to be registered/ logged in.

I know but some might get something out of it should they log in.

infidelprodigy
05-22-13, 23:01

It's Rifle Dynamics, not Robarms. I know some of the RD guys pretty well and have worked with them in the past. Other than the immense amount of guns they have to work on, they are at the mercy of somtimes scant parts availability (import/shitty QC from parts companies) and the fact that the AK platform requires a lot of labor and is nowhere near as simple or drop-in as an AR platform.

Not making excuses as I don't know any info on your specific rifle, just offering some insight into why things are a bit more protracted. Other custom shops that are much larger and have more simplified supply chains are still 1.5-2 years out (Wilson Combat & Nighthawk for example).

Rattlehead
05-22-13, 23:33
It's Rifle Dynamics, not Robarms. I know some of the RD guys pretty well and have worked with them in the past. Other than the immense amount of guns they have to work on, they are at the mercy of somtimes scant parts availability (import/shitty QC from parts companies) and the fact that the AK platform requires a lot of labor and is nowhere near as simple or drop-in as an AR platform.

Not making excuses as I don't know any info on your specific rifle, just offering some insight into why things are a bit more protracted. Other custom shops that are much larger and have more simplified supply chains are still 1.5-2 years out (Wilson Combat & Nighthawk for example).

That main problem brought up in the LF thread is the difference between wait times and actual wait times. If you quote a customer 1.5-2 years and deliver, great. If you quote a customer 6 months and it takes a year and a half, and the order is wrong on top of the wait, not so great.

oef24
05-22-13, 23:47
As an owner of many RD rifles, I can assure you that the wait is worth it. I had a buddy that was quoted 8-12mo and it actually took 15mo. Once the rifle was in his hands, he forgot about the wait. It is a good idea to call in at various times or email to try and find out if your rifle is scheduled for that week. Once it hits the floor, they usually call you to make sure the original options selected are correct. People's tastes and wants change in a year.
Also, if there are any problems, they will go above and beyond to take care of you for sure. RD is head and shoulders above all else IMHO.

O

BBJones13
05-25-13, 23:24
Disappointing. I am coming up on 10 months of waiting after I was quote 8-12 months. Was hoping to have the rifle back in my hands sometime before the summer was over. Sounds like I might get it by end of 2013 if this trend holds up.

If quality of the rifle holds up to my expectations, all will be forgiven.

oef24
05-26-13, 01:47
Disappointing. I am coming up on 10 months of waiting after I was quote 8-12 months. Was hoping to have the rifle back in my hands sometime before the summer was over. Sounds like I might get it by end of 2013 if this trend holds up.

If quality of the rifle holds up to my expectations, all will be forgiven.

I am sure it will as it has for me many times.

O