PDA

View Full Version : VTAC low profile sling mount

05-18-13, 19:55
Does anyone have experience with vtac or fortis top rail mount qd sling adapters? I have a Troy/Vtac alpha rail how would this compare to the supplied rail with qd socket?

SpeedRacer
05-18-13, 21:44
I use them on both of my carbines. The VTAC version on a VTAC Alpha tube and the Fortis on a DD V7. Both are high quality and work well. There's really no discernible difference between the two, the Fortis is obviously a little more streamlined but not in a place you really notice. If it came down to it I'd just buy whichever one I found easier/cheaper.

Tokarev
05-18-13, 21:49
Does anyone have experience with vtac or fortis top rail mount qd sling adapters? I have a Troy/Vtac alpha rail how would this compare to the supplied rail with qd socket?

I've used both and like them. I like that the sling mount is up near the top of the rifle. This helps keep the gun from rolling over sideways when carried by the sling. Since either mount clamps to the top rail (or on a side or bottom rail if that is your preference) the sling can be attached as close to or as far from the receiver as possible depending on your particular usage.

A mount without the VTAC logo is available here:
http://damageusa.com/product/qd-rail-mount-low-pro-90

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk 2