PDA

View Full Version : Tavor with Noveske Pig Flashhider

Dmaynor
05-19-13, 19:41
Anybody thought about this? Any hiccups you can think of?

Kyohte
05-19-13, 21:15
The only one I can think of is "why?".

The Noveske was designed for SBRs. The Tavor is not an SBR, even if the overall length is similar. It still has a 16" barrel, and as such, a regular flash supressor would be a much better choice.

VIP3R 237
05-19-13, 21:26
The only one I can think of is "why?".

Exactly. Why add the weight when there are so many more effective muzzle devices on the market.

pingdork
05-19-13, 21:39
I think the why is the muzzle blast is much closer to your face when shooting a bullpup same as a SBR. The pig directs the flash away from the face and the face of your ranger buddy. Should work as designed regardless if its an SBR or a bullpup. My .02, I've no need for the pig as I only own 16" ARs.

Kyohte
05-19-13, 22:55
I think the why is the muzzle blast is much closer to your face when shooting a bullpup same as a SBR. The pig directs the flash away from the face and the face of your ranger buddy. Should work as designed regardless if its an SBR or a bullpup. My .02, I've no need for the pig as I only own 16" ARs.

Having shot several bullpups without pigs, I can say that it is really a non-issue. The blast out of a 10" barrel is much different than a 16".

pingdork
05-19-13, 23:50
Having shot several bullpups without pigs, I can say that it is really a non-issue. The blast out of a 10" barrel is much different than a 16".

I stand corrected then. While I've never shot an SBR, I've shot a F2000 several times. The felt blast from the f2000 with 16" bbl was much more pronounced than from my 16" AR. I would think a design such as the pig might mitigate this somewhat.

MountainRaven
05-20-13, 00:05
It's your money, spend it how you want.

Considering that people put flame pigs on their 14.5"+ ARs (and the Bulgarian brake/comp that inspired the KX3 on their full-size AKs), I would think that a lot of people would have thought of it.

I cannot imagine there would be any hiccups... I just do not understand why you would do it - doesn't a naked Tavor already weight enough as it is?