PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against the Machine's USO concert causes entire audience to defect

Koshinn
05-19-13, 21:32
Opening with their hit “Wake Up” to cheers from the audience, the song later reached the final verse, with the lyrics: “Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to pinpoint potential trouble-makers … And neutralize them, neutralize them, neutralize them,” as the audience screamed in elation.

“Neutralize them! That’s what we do mother****ers!” Private First Class Nathan Jackson shouted along with other soldiers. “Neutralize this, asshole!” he screamed, taking off his reflective belt and throwing it at a nearby Staff Sergeant. He then began to rock so hard he shoved his hands in his pockets.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/05/rage-against-the-machines-uso-concert-convinces-entire-audience-to-defect/

Sensei
05-19-13, 21:59
RATM is one of those bands that has some great PT/MMA training tunes because of the up beat tempo. However, I hate their politics and would not buy one of their albums.

Having said that, the article is a great piece of satire.

tb-av
05-19-13, 22:38
I can't even stand to hear TM's name mentioned.

theblackknight
05-19-13, 22:52
He then began to rock so hard he shoved his hands in his pockets.

[

A First Sergeant tried to calm the crowd but spontaneously combusted after an entire platoon took off their eye protection and threw it into a bonfire.

LOL

"Hey there boot corporal, hold this umbrella!" "**** YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME"

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5805171712/hD619CDD8/

obucina
05-19-13, 23:01
rage against the machine by cashing those Sony checks:D

i liked Rage when I was in middle school and high school until I saw Tom Morrello on the cover of a guitar mag with a hat that said, "commie".

The article was hilarious!

Airhasz
05-19-13, 23:04
It's all the Rage...

a1fabweld
05-20-13, 08:45
Those guys are a bunch of whinny ass commie bitches. I can't change the station fast enough when they come on.

brickboy240
05-20-13, 10:10
Those guys made tons of money in a system (capitalism) that they complain about and want shut down. What sense does that make?

Tom Morello and the other RATM goons would not last 5 minutes living in a communist country.

Their band's website also has a "reading list" that is comprised of all sorts of far leftist moronic books, like Howard Zinn's "A Peoples History of the United States." Books filled with untruths and crazy left wing and progressive blabberings.

Typical leftist morons....don't listen to people like that.

-brickboy240

a1fabweld
05-20-13, 10:29
This makes much more sense than Rage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K8p7b3iiR0

Magic_Salad0892
05-20-13, 10:31
Those guys made tons of money in a system (capitalism) that they complain about and want shut down. What sense does that make?

Tom Morello and the other RATM goons would not last 5 minutes living in a communist country.

Their band's website also has a "reading list" that is comprised of all sorts of far leftist moronic books, like Howard Zinn's "A Peoples History of the United States." Books filled with untruths and crazy left wing and progressive blabberings.

-brickboy240

Not to mention that they're rich off of that system, and don't try to help the poor in the slightest.

**** those guys. Even though Morello is a very talented guitarist. I won't be sad when he dies.

markm
05-20-13, 10:37
Rage is such a dog shit, Hate Monger, Racist, idiot band.

brickboy240
05-20-13, 10:45
There are MUCH better guitarists than Morello. I think he is very over-rated.

I laugh when I see photos of him, wearing that silly little green commie hat with the hammer and sickle on the front. The moron would not last a week in China, Cuba or other communist hell hole countries.

-brickboy240

Magic_Salad0892
05-20-13, 10:57
I think it's funny that the lead singer of All That Remains basically went and said that Tom Morello has the wool pulled over his eyes, and that he's a statist/communist. And that we're not safe when a Democrat is in power.

At least there's some good artists out there on our side.

Bleeding-heart liberals. I find them very insincere, especially in Hollywood. Those are the people I would like to punch in the face the most. I guess a lot of people would find me more right wing than left wing, although I find myself in both wings. That’s what lets me fly. - Marilyn Manson.

kdcgrohl
05-20-13, 13:10
I think it's funny that the lead singer of All That Remains basically went and said that Tom Morello has the wool pulled over his eyes, and that he's a statist/communist. And that we're not safe when a Democrat is in power.

At least there's some good artists out there on our side.

I just saw them @ Carolina Rebellion, dude came out wearing a Noveske jacket.:cool:

Magic_Salad0892
05-20-13, 13:11
I just saw them @ Carolina Rebellion, dude came out wearing a Noveske jacket.:cool:

That's just pure win.

Phillygunguy
05-20-13, 20:06

-brickboy240

Just about everyone in the music industry and Hollywood pushes the Commie crap talking about how great Healthcare is in Cuba and the recent praise of Hugo Chavez after his death, all damn Marxist

Waylander
05-20-13, 23:32

He's really a gun guy too not just a poser. So is Maynard of Tool.

CodeRed30
05-21-13, 12:54
Politics aside, this shit made me laugh out loud- “Neutralize this, asshole!” he screamed, taking off his reflective belt and throwing it at a nearby Staff Sergeant. He then began to rock so hard he shoved his hands in his pockets.

On another note, here's an interesting article connecting the ATR lead singer and Morello-
http://lambgoat.com/news/18946/All-That-Remains-singer-explains-Tom-Morello-Tweet

Waylander
05-21-13, 13:14
On another note, here's an interesting article connecting the ATR lead singer and Morello-
http://lambgoat.com/news/18946/All-That-Remains-singer-explains-Tom-Morello-Tweet

Phil's awesome commentary as always. Not to drift too far off the RATM/Morello thread but this interesting.
Phil Labonte of All That Remains on the Second Amendment and our right to bear arms (http://www.altpress.com/contributors/entry/phil_labonte_of_all_that_remains_on_the_second_amendment_and_our_right_to_b)

Failure2Stop
05-21-13, 18:04
Opening with their hit “Wake Up” to cheers from the audience, the song later reached the final verse, with the lyrics: “Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to pinpoint potential trouble-makers … And neutralize them, neutralize them, neutralize them,” as the audience screamed in elation.

“Neutralize them! That’s what we do mother****ers!” Private First Class Nathan Jackson shouted along with other soldiers. “Neutralize this, asshole!” he screamed, taking off his reflective belt and throwing it at a nearby Staff Sergeant. He then began to rock so hard he shoved his hands in his pockets.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/05/rage-against-the-machines-uso-concert-convinces-entire-audience-to-defect/

I can't believe that folks don't realize that duffel blog is satire by now.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

Voodoochild
05-21-13, 18:11
I can't believe that folks don't realize that duffel blog is satire by now.

You just had to spoil the fun.

CodeRed30
05-21-13, 19:55
Who said we didn't know that it's satire?

Failure2Stop
05-21-13, 20:56
Who said we didn't know that it's satire?

Given the tone that most have in response to articles that originate there, I would say that it is mostly self evident.
Not anything worth taking as a slight, carry on.

Koshinn
05-22-13, 03:57
If you repost some of their more plausible articles, some people actually believe it.