PDA

View Full Version : Austin Police Chief has something to say.

Belmont31R
05-19-13, 21:32
This is why I try to stay out even though I live 2 miles from their border.

http://twitchy.com/2013/05/19/civility-austin-texas-police-chief-says-pro-gun-twitter-user-has-lying-extremist-undeveloped-brain/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Irish
05-20-13, 00:05
That won't be good for his career.

Alpha Sierra
05-20-13, 06:09
These people are playing with fire

No.6
05-20-13, 06:39
Actually, I don't think he'll suffer at all from it. Think of Austin as being the equivalent of Denver. Surrounded by gun culture, but liberal to the core. I might be wrong, but that's how I see it.

brickboy240
05-20-13, 10:19
Inner city Austin is like many large urban American cities - full of left wing nut jobs and liberals. However, the outlying areas around Austin are mostly conservative and not liberal at all. Areas like Round Rock, Delle Valley and Dripping Springs are full of mostly conservative/libertarian peoples.

This situation is the same in Houston. The inner city is full of liberal hipsters and leftists but outlying areas are very conservative. One of the largest Tea Party groups in the nation is in the Houston suburbs. Areas like Sugar Land, The Woodlands and Kingwood are mostly conservative.

Dallas and San Antonio are the same way...run by leftists in the mayor's office and city council, but the state representation and Congressional reps are pretty conservative people.

These conservative areas near large Texas cities gave us leaders like Ron Paul, Ted Cruz, Dan Patrick, John Culberson and Ted Poe. Some of the most conservative/libertarian members in their positions.

-brickboy240