PDA

View Full Version : Best Reloading Book?

cody0341
03-31-08, 20:47
I want to get into reloading. So I'm thinking the best way to figure out how to start reloading is to read a good book. So if anyone has any good books for reloading I would like to know.

Kurt Reifert
04-01-08, 06:54
The Lyman #48 is a great resource. The first 125 pages cover all aspects of reloading with a step by step description of the process. The remainder of the book is filled with data that you will need once you begin to reload.

That's a good first book, but you can never have too many books or resources when it comes to reloading.

Walnut
04-04-08, 10:19
I agree, the Lyman book is the best for general information and tons of great data. When I teach NRA Reloading classes, I make the students do all of their homework out of that book. I would get a copy of Hodgdon's magazine type data manual. If you plan to shoot Hodgdon powder, it has the most data. However, get one of the big Hodgdon manual too. They have great loading tips. You can never have enough load data. I even use the Lee manual now and then too for data for off the wall powders. Good luck!

30 cal slut
04-09-08, 07:54
sierra has two DVD's on reloading that i've found quite helpful - one for handgun and one for rifle. the aforementioned lyman book is great ... but when i was starting out i needed somebody to "show me."

here's a bunch on midway's site:

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?t=82579&pageNum=0&tabId=1&categoryId=15817&categoryString=9315***19845***