PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey City Raises Palestinian Flag Over City Hall by City Officials – HAMAS CITY

VooDoo6Actual
05-20-13, 14:51
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/62663/new-jersey-city-raises-palestinian-flag-over-city-hall-by-city-officials-hamas-city-usa-got-amnesty/

http://www.northjersey.com/community/community_events/Amid_flags_and_cheers_Paterson_celebrates_Palestinian_Americans.html?page=all

Eurodriver
05-20-13, 14:59
“We are a peace-loving people and we recognize both states.” Attallah said. “Let’s not be provocative.”

Both states.

Palestine and the USA or Palestine and Israel?

Alex V
05-20-13, 14:59
You have got to be ****ing kidding me...

I was the Architect for a remodeling of a Chase bank in Paterson. Every time I would go there for meeting I felt like I needed body armor.

The walls surrounding the teller line have 1/2" Kevlar panels in them lol.

MountainRaven
05-20-13, 15:03
Makes me want to buy one of those Israeli flag shammaghs....

:eek:

PA PATRIOT
05-20-13, 16:55
Just when you finally think New Jersey could not be any more "Screwed Up" they always find something new to amaze me.

Safetyhit
05-20-13, 17:13
Just when you finally think New Jersey could not be any more "Screwed Up" they always find something new to amaze me.

Edit: Poorly thought out comment.

Voodoo_Man
05-20-13, 17:24

Its the new people's republic of jerizistan.

The closer I am to it the further away I want to be.

SOWT
05-20-13, 21:02
The Mayor should be forced to live a Sharia lifestyle?

Safetyhit
05-20-13, 21:13
Its the new people's republic of jerizistan.

The closer I am to it the further away I want to be.

That's nice and sometimes I feel the same way. But it seems somewhat off base for anyone who works in such an intensely crime ridden leftist city, one residing in an officially blue state, to talk of the dysfunction over the bridge. Or would you disagree?

Voodoo_Man
05-20-13, 21:21
That's nice and sometimes I feel the same way. But it seems somewhat off base for anyone who works in such an intensely crime ridden leftist city, one residing in an officially blue state, to talk of the dysfunction over the bridge. Or would you disagree?

I do not seem to understand the point of this post other than to illicit or bait some sort of response.

Safetyhit
05-20-13, 21:44
I do not seem to understand the point of this post other than to illicit or bait some sort of response.

Well it's really not that complicated in this case. He is a Philly cop who works in a progressive, ultra-democratic, ultra-crime ridden and overtaxed city which happens to reside in a blue state (as in voted anti-gun Obama via union sellout or blatant stupidity, your choice).

So beside the point of the terrible environment of his democrat ruled and enabled work enviornment there is also the very real threat that the likes of another Pat Toomey or two will decide to share their newfound enlightenment. Then, surprise surprise, we have the next Colorado in 5 years or less.

Bottom line is that neither he nor any other PA resident, of which I used to be myself, should be pointing fingers.

PA PATRIOT
05-20-13, 21:46
You have a lot of nerve to spew that from your abomination of a city. Brother.

More finger pointing from within the glass house bullshit.

As dysfunctional as my side of the bridge may be we are still a shall issue state with minimal interference of are personal freedoms. Blue state means nothing out side of Philly or Pittsburgh as everyone knows PA is a Gun friendly, beautifully historic place to live or visit. As to Pat Toomey lets see how he fares in his next election.

You may say glass house but I say its just Jersey's reflection your seeing in the Delaware River.

Safetyhit
05-20-13, 22:03
PA I can't argue that my home state isn't sound criteria for criticism by any means, but we both know that your fine and beautiful state (mean that sincerely except for Philly) is now on the fence regarding further restrictions and was pivotal in putting Obama in office. Especially after CO I just don't see how you guys can still feel so comfortable ridiculing when the ground which you yourself walk has been clearly verified to be unstable.

Voodoo_Man
05-21-13, 05:34
When it happens we will talk about it, otherwise, as it stands now, there was hamas flag over one of your gov buildings, but I guess that's normal for NJ now a days.

The_War_Wagon
05-21-13, 05:41
:rolleyes:

Josiey can HAVE them.

No.6
05-21-13, 06:31
Reading the article, it mentioned how wonderful the accomplishments and contributions of the Palestinian-Americans were. Reading between the lines, my question is, how long before the "American" gets dropped from Palestinian-American?

davidjinks
05-21-13, 06:36
HAHAHA!

We will reap what we have sown!

I find it funny that the Jersey clowns deflect and point at Philly. Yeah, Philly sucks! But...they don't fly flags of terrorist groups over their capital building.

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 07:08
HAHAHA!

We will reap what we have sown!

I find it funny that the Jersey clowns deflect and point at Philly. Yeah, Philly sucks! But...they don't fly flags of terrorist groups over their capital building.

This post is so ludicrous it's almost got to be a set up, so I'll tread carefully. First off it was not the capitol building. One could be tempted to assume you were more content to make fun of others than actually learn basic geography in school, but maybe you really just don't know much overall.

Second I don't remember seeing any armed black panthers at our voting stations, do you? And isn't it great that they got away with scott free in Philly, even though they were being filmed and everyone knew about it? Something to be proud if there.

Then there's the fact that the entire city is now crime ridden and the streets are filthy with trash. As usual. It is the honest truth that even Camden has far cleaner streets than "Philthadelphia".

I could go on and on but have things to do. Point is, in case you're intersted in anything beyond baseless conflict, that PA (and very certainly Philly), are full of imperfections as well. The democrats have the upper hand and the clock is ticking on your gun law timeline.

But why worry about all those very serious problems when you can look for neighbors across the bridge to degrade, right?

davidjinks
05-21-13, 07:25
Oh, I'm sorry, city hall building.

Even after you wasted all that energy typing, I'll still take the dirty crime ridden Philly streets over a city who allows a terrorist group to fly their flag over city hall.

You're a sensitive little boy aren't you? Yes you are!

This post is so ludicrous it's almost got to be a set up, so I'll tread carefully. First off it was not the capitol building. One could be tempted to assume you were more content to make fun of others than actually learn basic geography in school, but maybe you really just don't know much overall.

Second I don't remember seeing any armed black panthers at our voting stations, do you? And isn't it great that they got away with scott free in Philly, even though they were being filmed and everyone knew about it? Something to be proud if there.

Then there's the fact that the entire city is now crime ridden and the streets are filthy with trash. As usual. It is the honest truth that even Camden has far cleaner streets than "Philthadelphia".

I could go on and on but have things to do. Point is, in case you're intersted in anything beyond baseless conflict, that PA (and very certainly Philly), are full of imperfections as well. The democrats have the upper hand and the clock is ticking on your gun law timeline.

But why worry about all those very serious problems when you can look for neighbors across the bridge to degrade, right?

And to be clear, I don't care much about Philly. It's an overrun of stupidity from Jersey. About the only good thing left in Philly is Geno's and that's stretching it.

d90king
05-21-13, 07:39
Where are the pics of said flag raised? I would be interested to see where it is flown in relation to the American flag. Did I miss a photo gallery?

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 07:40
It ain't sensitivity pal, it's frustration that so many here enjoy eating our own while completely ignoring the skeletons in their own closets. But if you'll somehow feel better about yourself doing so then have at it my friend.

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 08:10
Where are the pics of said flag raised? I would be interested to see where it is flown in relation to the American flag. Did I miss a photo gallery?

Just the fact that they did it at all is terrible. No surprise however it happened in one of our cities because I as bad as this state can be, and yes David I know it can be embarassingly bad, that wouldn't "fly" in any suburb I can imagine. This is why the big cities become long-term killers. They destroy themselves and then the cancer spreads.

PA was right about what he said, it's just that especially coming from someone in Philadelphia it was simply hypocritical. Still it was a bad move and as a resident I should take the time to write them a letter of discontent. Not much but better than nothing I guess.

d90king
05-21-13, 08:25
Just the fact that they did it at all is terrible. No surprise however it happened in one of our cities because I as bad as this state can be, and yes David I know it can be embarassingly bad, that wouldn't "fly" in any suburb I can imagine. This is why the big cities become long-term killers. They destroy themselves and then the cancer spreads.

PA was right about what he said, it's just that especially coming from someone in Philadelphia it was simply hypocritical. Still it was a bad move and as a resident I should take the time to write them a letter of discontent. Not much but better than nothing I guess.

Not really interested in discussing who lives in a better or worse state... I am interested if any laws/codes were broken by the state when they allowed this mockery. It really is that simple.

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 08:31
Not really interested in discussing who lives in a better or worse state... I am interested if any laws/codes were broken by the state when they allowed this mockery. It really is that simple.

Excellent and good luck with your inquiry. Who on earth you think will prosecute them however I have no idea.

Ironman8
05-21-13, 08:35

I'm with you here...I'd like to see how the flag was flown in relation to the US Flag. If it was flown higher than the US Flag (not that it should have even flown at all!), then those that flew it should be shot for treason.

Army Chief
05-21-13, 08:48
Gents,

This one has the potential to go off of the rails fairly quickly.

Please refrain from kicking your fellow members in their virtual scroti.

Thanks,
AC

Arik
05-21-13, 09:14

Thats over simplified. In fact a large chunk of the city is and has been cleaned up. If you live or have lived in Philly and remember Frankford and Gerard ave then you know what a war zone that was. When i moved here in 88 that was already a bad bad place. In mid 90s that whole area was a no go. Dilapidated buildings, violence, drugs, death. Now its 30 something yuppies renting $3k/month one bedroom apartments. The area has been rehab'd and is spreading out. What were once crack houses and abandoned building are now coffee shops, restaurants, and apartments & houses. The corner of Gerard and Frankford had a old abandoned warehouse now its a German style beer garden.
South st and Old City are clean and nice. The old row houses in Old City fetch millions and date back to the 17 and 18 hundreds. All of the far NE is free from violence and is about 90% Russian immigrants.

Next time im down there I'll take some photos.

I make no excuse for politics

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 09:24
Next time im down there I'll take some photos.

While the gesture is appreciated there is no need. I don't hate the city and don't want to be here slamming it. The appropriate reply to PA Patriot would have been to say that while the incident is deplorable it in no way represents the vast majority of residents in this state. But of course everybody likes to take shots at NJ so I have no clue what I think I was trying to fix.

I make no excuse for politics.

Well now that is something I also find myself saying often. Welcome to the ever-expanding club. :(

MountainRaven
05-21-13, 09:28

This.

I didn't see any pictures of the flag actually being flown. Saw one of the flag being carried by a crowd, but that's hardly the same thing.

d90king
05-21-13, 09:36
Excellent and good luck with your inquiry. Who on earth you think will prosecute them however I have no idea.

I doubt there would be a prosecution , but it could certainly be used as a tool to make sure the ass clown who allowed it, is never re-elected to a public office.

The elected officials that continue to allow this madness need to be identified, scorned and thrown out of office.

Good luck up there.

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 09:36
This.

I didn't see any pictures of the flag actually being flown. Saw one of the flag being carried by a crowd, but that's hardly the same thing.

It was raised and flew as stated. Also was the only flag on the solitary pole, so no American flag was visibly present. This is a mobile link but may work for everyone, not sure. Flag goes up at 3:30.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=heOwt9O4GnY

brickboy240
05-21-13, 10:08
Some here have taken to picking on the South and us Southerners.

Pick away...but you will NEVER see that flag flying in states like TX, LA, MS or AL...I can guarantee that.

-brickboy240

Ironman8
05-21-13, 10:14
On second thought, why is ANY US government institution (local, state, or fed) flying ANY other countries' flag besides the US Flag? Regardelss of it's relation to the US Flag!

Kind of rhetorical, but it really gets under my skin that this is allowed.

Mjolnir
05-21-13, 10:48
Some here have taken to picking on the South and us Southerners.

Pick away...but you will NEVER see that flag flying in states like TX, LA, MS or AL...I can guarantee that.

-brickboy240

I'm from South Louisiana and info so Hondurans, Nicaraguans and Mexican laborers all over the damned place, though.

Y'all know when the people have been reduced to a mental state of servitude? When they bicker about who is worse off amongst themselves while pointing fingers at others.

Carry on.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 11:10

It gets under the skin of many so don't feel alone. Not just nationwide and not just in NJ, but specifically that area where many had friends and relatives die on 9/11. I've decided not to send anything to Paterson because they are a lost cause in that building for now. Maybe the governor will appreciate some public feedback regarding the incident however. Feel free to join me if you like:

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/contact/

VooDoo6Actual
05-21-13, 11:22
Gents,
Please refrain from kicking your fellow members in their virtual scroti.
Thanks,
AC

Best one all week so far.
Classic !

Ironman8
05-21-13, 11:35
It gets under the skin of many so don't feel alone. Not just nationwide and not just in NJ, but specifically that area where many had friends and relatives die on 9/11. I've decided not to send anything to Patterson because they are a lost cause in that building for now. Maybe the governor will appreciate some public feedback regarding the incident however. Feel free to join me if you like:

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/contact/

Yeah I know I'm not alone with this, but the fact that we live in a society where this would even be considered is very telling. Flying a nation's flag over a US gov building that is neutral or even friendly to the US still shouldn't be done IMO....much less a nation that has known ties to terrorism.

As for contacting your governor, I may do that, but should probably first let my blood temperature return to normal.

SteyrAUG
05-21-13, 13:32
It was raised and flew as stated. Also was the only flag on the solitary pole, so no American flag was visibly present. This is a mobile link but may work for everyone, not sure. Flag goes up at 3:30.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=heOwt9O4GnY

Jesus Christ. And the alleluia from the crowd was simply icing on the cake.

brickboy240
05-21-13, 14:35
Where are the Muslim toe-suckers from the Muslim Child Rape" thread...telling us that not all of them are bad and we are being total hater xenophobes because this bothers us?

-brickboy240

Mjolnir
05-21-13, 16:06
On second thought, why is ANY US government institution (local, state, or fed) flying ANY other countries' flag besides the US Flag? Regardelss of it's relation to the US Flag!

That is how I feel about it. I don't wish to see any political entity flag except that of the States or the USA.

I'm aware that many, if not most will take exception to it.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

Moose-Knuckle
05-21-13, 17:36
Reprehensible . . . :bad:

SteyrAUG
05-21-13, 17:43
That is how I feel about it. I don't wish to see any political entity flag except that of the States or the USA.

I'm aware that many, if not most will take exception to it.

This.

My family comes from Germany back in the 20/30s, I don't want to see a German flag flying over ANY government building. I don't have a flagpole in my yard but if I did I wouldn't fly the German flag.

During WWII my grandfather (15th AAF) bombed the shit out of Germany. Like him, I am an American. I'm not a German-American, I'm not a European-American.

If I had a flagpole, the only second flag I'd fly below the US flag would be a POW-MIA flag. I'd consider a Gadsen but I wouldn't want to get investigated by the IRS.

PA PATRIOT
05-21-13, 18:26
Safetyhit,

I don't hate NJ in any way as I truly enjoy what the state has to offer in its fisheries, produce, ocean side entertainment and occasional flea markets. What I comment on is the truly off the wall events which seem to only occur in NJ. Sure things happen on my side of the river also but if we can't poke fun or a disdaining comment from time to time without offense then why have a discussion board at all. My time in Philly is extremely limited and if NJ didn't have such screwed up gun laws and taxes I would have considered several locations on your side of the river.

Life is too short to take everything so seriously and its obvious you have pride in your state but sometimes one just has to look at certain crazy local events and say "Dam" I have to give this one to the complainers.

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 19:04
Thanks PA for taking the time and certainly no hard feelings. Just please remember that when you see such dysfunction originate from within one of our crappy cities, take a moment to also remember that just as Philly politicians do not represent the whole of Pennsylvania neither do these clowns in Paterson represent either myself or any single one of my suburban neighbors white, black or hispanic.