PDA

View Full Version : More information on Benghazi, as said by State Department Diplomats/CIA.

Magic_Salad0892
05-21-13, 11:22
http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/05/21/pjm-exclusive-ex-diplomats-report-new-benghazi-whistleblowers-with-info-devastating-to-clinton-and-obama/

More whistleblowers will emerge shortly in the escalating Benghazi scandal, according to two former U.S. diplomats who spoke with PJ Media Monday afternoon.

These whistleblowers, colleagues of the former diplomats, are currently securing legal counsel because they work in areas not fully protected by the Whistleblower law.

According to the diplomats, what these whistleblowers will say will be at least as explosive as what we have already learned about the scandal, including details about what really transpired in Benghazi that are potentially devastating to both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

The former diplomats inform PJM the new revelations concentrate in two areas — what Ambassador Chris Stevens was actually doing in Benghazi and the pressure put on General Carter Ham, then in command of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) and therefore responsible for Libya, not to act to protect jeopardized U.S. personnel.

Stevens’ mission in Benghazi, they will say, was to buy back Stinger missiles from al-Qaeda groups issued to them by the State Department, not by the CIA. Such a mission would usually be a CIA effort, but the intelligence agency had opposed the idea because of the high risk involved in arming “insurgents” with powerful weapons that endanger civilian aircraft.

Hillary Clinton still wanted to proceed because, in part, as one of the diplomats said, she wanted “to overthrow Gaddafi on the cheap.”

This left Stevens in the position of having to clean up the scandalous enterprise when it became clear that the “insurgents” actually were al-Qaeda – indeed, in the view of one of the diplomats, the same group that attacked the consulate and ended up killing Stevens.

The former diplomat who spoke with PJ Media regarded the whole enterprise as totally amateurish and likened it to the Mike Nichols film Charlie Wilson’s War about a clueless congressman who supplies Stingers to the Afghan guerrillas. “It’s as if Hillary and the others just watched that movie and said ‘Hey, let’s do that!’” the diplomat said.

He added that he and his colleagues think the leaking of General David Petraeus’ affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell was timed to silence the former CIA chief on these matters.

Regarding General Ham, military contacts of the diplomats tell them that AFRICOM had Special Ops “assets in place that could have come to the aid of the Benghazi consulate immediately (not in six hours).”

Ham was told by the White House not to send the aid to the trapped men, but Ham decided to disobey and did so anyway, whereupon the White House “called his deputy and had the deputy threaten to relieve Ham of his command.”

The White House motivation in all this is as yet unclear, but it is known the Ham retired quietly in April 2013 as head of AFRICOM.

PJ Media recognizes this is largely hearsay, but the two diplomats sounded quite credible. One of them was in a position of responsibility in a dangerous area of Iraq in 2004.

We will report more as we learn it.

jmnielsen
05-21-13, 11:28
Wow. Can't wait to see what comes of this.

Mauser KAR98K
05-21-13, 11:31
If this is true, if these Whistleblowers testify to this and it is true, Clinton will be facing prison time for this. And if Obama went to bed knowing about this and not calling a QRF that could have been there in short order, he will also be facing prison time.

I have never bought this notion that we would be supplying our known enemy directly with Stingers, but this, if true, has me astounded.

Doc Safari
05-21-13, 11:32
If the only outcome of all of this is that Hillary Rodham Clinton will never again hold public office, then I'll at least have that satisfaction.

TAZ
05-21-13, 11:47
Wow. Can't wait to see what comes of this.

Absolutely nothing. Maybe Hilary will be dumped by the Dems and go home to retire to a life of tax funded luxury under tax funded 24/7/365 security. Much better security than what she offered her employee mind you.

So pretty much nothing of value or significance will come of this. The media circus will end well before the mid term election memory cycle kicks in and seriously well before the next presidential election memory cycle.

When the time comes for he mid term elections the media will go back to being the progressive movements propaganda arm as usual and fill the heads of the no information idiot voters with useless drivel. Sam for the 2016 presidentials.

Wake27
05-21-13, 12:42
Yeah I also dout anything significant will come of this. I hope I'm wrong, but doubt it.

VooDoo6Actual
05-21-13, 13:37
Hope & Faith. Our greatest of strengths & our greatest of weaknesses.

Terrible strategy to fight a War w/ however.

;-/

JonnyVain
05-21-13, 13:46
I posted this on TOS and I'm going to post it here.

Let's stop with the "nothing will come of this" talk. All we do is show our enemies that we expect to lose.

Instead, let's demand something come of it.

brickboy240
05-21-13, 14:32
Umm...many of us pretty much "demanded" something be done about the Obamacare vote/process, Fast & Furious and other scandals.

Nothing was done. Nobody went to jail. Nobody lost their job. In fact some were given new jobs and/or bonuses.

so forgive us our defeatist attitude...it comes from past experiences with this regime.

I will HOPE something IS done...but will not be surprised of nothing DOES come from all of this.

-brickboy240

VooDoo6Actual
05-21-13, 15:31
If nothing comes from this 'cult of intimidation' that has metastasized into contagion of virulent corruption, then I would call that a clue that something bigger is coming.

Wake27
05-21-13, 15:32
I posted this on TOS and I'm going to post it here.

Let's stop with the "nothing will come of this" talk. All we do is show our enemies that we expect to lose.

Instead, let's demand something come of it.

I'm skeptical that "our enemies" gain resolve by reading something like that here and even more skeptical that they even check this site at all.

Doc Safari
05-21-13, 15:33
If nothing comes from this 'cult of intimidation' that has metastasized into viral corruption, then I would call that a clue that something bigger is coming.

You keep speaking in veiled innuendos. Are you suggesting that "they're all in it together" and that the American public has been "what's for dinner" the whole time?

Safetyhit
05-21-13, 15:47
I'm skeptical that "our enemies" gain resolve by reading something like that here and even more skeptical that they even check this site at all.

Who would be foolish enough to imply that we can somehow reach or even influence the left here? Except for Montanadave that is little more than a pipe dream. ;)

Seriously though Jonny is right, all this 'It doesn't matter what I do or say" crap is sad and weak. I posted all those news links the other day, clarified why this is a uniquely pivotal time to let the media know we want this addressed and no one gave a shit. But when it comes time to rip people in CA or NJ or discuss cool sig lines there are takers aplenty (no offense MS).

Doesn't matter now anyway because the media is growing more angry by the day. Fortunately we may escape regardless of our inaction.

Magic_Salad0892
05-21-13, 15:50
or discuss cool sig lines there are takers aplenty (no offense MS).

You're just mad because you don't have a witty sig line.

glocktogo
05-21-13, 16:01
http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/05/21/pjm-exclusive-ex-diplomats-report-new-benghazi-whistleblowers-with-info-devastating-to-clinton-and-obama/

Pretty much what we knew all along. :(

Magic_Salad0892
05-21-13, 16:05
Pretty much what we knew all along. :(

Yeah, but now there are witnesses who can substantiate it.

glocktogo
05-21-13, 16:19
Yeah, but now there are witnesses who can substantiate it.

Unless they have the proverbial "unlaundered blue dress", it will be dismissed as partisan attacks from disgruntled and unproductive persons with an axe to grind. :(

Belmont31R
05-21-13, 16:28
Geraldo was claiming this last week. They were running Stingers to terrorists.

http://youtu.be/p9JYF0ZHI3E

glocktogo
05-21-13, 16:51
Geraldo was claiming this last week. They were running Stingers to terrorists.

http://youtu.be/p9JYF0ZHI3E

You shut your mouth! The United States government would NEVER do that! :rolleyes:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_gist/2001/10/stingers_stingers_whos_got_the_stingers.html

NWPilgrim
05-21-13, 16:58
It will be interesting to see if the Repub leaders can get their shriveled balls worked up enough to press hard on these repugnant and treasonous actions by State. Especially when this likely leads back to the Saudi's wanting us to fight their inter-Arab wars for them, and both the Clintons have been dry humping the Saudis for a long time (along with most of DC).

Magic_Salad0892
05-22-13, 05:33
Has anything like this ever happened in the US Government?

jpmuscle
05-22-13, 06:22
You shut your mouth! The United States government would NEVER do that! :rolleyes:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_gist/2001/10/stingers_stingers_whos_got_the_stingers.html

I thought this was the underlying story all along with benghazi, basically fast and furious 2.0 just on a bigger scale.

Business_Casual
05-22-13, 08:36
I thought this was the underlying story all along with benghazi, basically fast and furious 2.0 just on a bigger scale.

So Huma = Alger Hiss and we can't have that because Wiener wants to be Mayor of NYC and Hillary wants to be POTUS.

-bc

Magic_Salad0892
05-22-13, 08:45
So Huma = Alger Hiss and we can't have that because Wiener wants to be Mayor of NYC and Hillary wants to be POTUS.

-bc

Weiner is better than Bloomberg any day of the week.

Iraqgunz
05-22-13, 11:39
That's like saying I'd rather be shot by a .25 than a .45 because its not as effective.

Magic_Salad0892
05-22-13, 11:42
That's like saying I'd rather be shot by a .25 than a .45 because its not as effective.

And both statements are true. Both suck, but you're going to have a better chance. Choosing what/who your enemies are using is a huge advantage. Weiner is even less credible than any Republican RINO, or anybody else who could run against Bloomberg.

VooDoo6Actual
05-22-13, 16:07
Wow: CBS News President and WH Official Tied to Benghazi Scandal Are Brothers

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/05/11/wow-cbs-news-president-and-wh-official-tied-to-benghazi-scandal-are-brothers-n1593081

jpmuscle
05-22-13, 16:20
Wow: CBS News President and WH Official Tied to Benghazi Scandal Are Brothers

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/05/11/wow-cbs-news-president-and-wh-official-tied-to-benghazi-scandal-are-brothers-n1593081

This has been known for a long time. A lot of WH admin people have close ties to the media via family iirc.

As for weiner drudges headline was pretty good "Weiner goes all in" Weiner rising would have been hilarious too.

Safetyhit
05-22-13, 16:43

You know maybe after endorsing both Bill Maher and now Weiner in the same day you might reconsider spending such vast amounts of time posting here and understand what is going on around you a bit more. Firm but constructive critisism, hopefully you will take it as such.

Business_Casual
05-22-13, 16:51
You know maybe after endorsing both Bill Maher and now Weiner in the same day you might reconsider spending such vast amounts of time posting here and understand what is going on around you a bit more. Firm but constructive critisism, hopefully you will take it as such.

LOLZ

-bc

No.6
05-22-13, 17:14
This has been known for a long time. A lot of WH admin people have close ties to the media via family iirc.

Kinda like the inbreeding amongst the royals in Europe. With much the same results (aka a bunch of morons with vested interest in staying in power).

Magic_Salad0892
05-23-13, 18:23

You've grossly misunderstood my "endorsements".

My endorsement of Weiner only went so far as "He's not quite as bad as Bloomberg, and easily undermined."

And Mahar's was "Is he switching sides now? If yes: cool."

C-grunt
05-23-13, 18:32
How reliable is this source?

Magic_Salad0892
05-23-13, 18:36
How reliable is this source?

Kind of a "Seems legit." kinda thing, but I'm willing to believe it because it substantiates what we already knew, and they're going to testify.

VooDoo6Actual
05-31-13, 18:34
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/05/29/Blame-the-President-for-Benghazi

Moose-Knuckle
05-31-13, 19:13
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/05/29/Blame-the-President-for-Benghazi

I couldn't agree more.

jpmuscle
05-31-13, 22:28
Guess that's what happens when your in bed sleeping.