PDA

View Full Version : Scar 17 Vltor CAS-V

DiabhailGadhar
05-21-13, 14:47
Ok I'm looking for input on these from those of you that are running them or know a guy who knew a guy:rolleyes: before I pull the trigger. I also had some questions.

1. I've read that you have to remove the side rails on the scar to attach these. Can you reuse the rails on the CAS-V or do you have to go aftermarket for them?

2. If you do have to go after market which/who's rail sections work and who's do you recommend?

3. Who else has interest in this forend? If you're interested just subscribe and I might score one and put up a review.

4. If you've got one and don't like let me/us know why!!

Thanks as usual guys!

Nick

Magic_Salad0892
05-21-13, 17:02
Ok I'm looking for input on these from those of you that are running them or know a guy who knew a guy:rolleyes: before I pull the trigger. I also had some questions.

1. I've read that you have to remove the side rails on the scar to attach these. Can you reuse the rails on the CAS-V or do you have to go aftermarket for them?

2. If you do have to go after market which/who's rail sections work and who's do you recommend?

3. Who else has interest in this forend? If you're interested just subscribe and I might score one and put up a review.

4. If you've got one and don't like let me/us know why!!

Thanks as usual guys!

Nick

I'm not gonna buy one, or a SCAR, but I'm really interested in seeing some feedback.

I like VLTOR, so I'd buy with confidence.

DiabhailGadhar
05-21-13, 23:42
I'm not gonna buy one, or a SCAR, but I'm really interested in seeing some feedback.

I like VLTOR, so I'd buy with confidence.

I actually called them today to try and answer my question about the mounting of the FN OEM rails back on the CAS-V. First of all you actually get a person, and in a few rings. I thought that was outstanding! However I don't know if maybe I confused the lady I was talking to in the way I phrased my question but she kept saying that if the OEM rails were mil-spec they would fit on the CAS-V. Now I didn't know there was a mil-spec for the spacing for the screws on the rails, which is what I was attempting to refer to, but she just kept saying that and I kept attempting to clarify. So I got very helpful people to confuse me more...so if anyone know if there is a mil-spec for rail hole spacing please let me know.

1911-A1
05-23-13, 16:20
Duplicate post

1911-A1
05-23-13, 16:25
I have the casv on my 17. It's excellent with some frustrating features. You need several different Allen keys to install it, none of which are included. The only sling qd mount is at the very front, which conflicts with most people's light placement. I'm not clear if the casv still gives you a free floating barrel or not, either.

Still, its a very nice handguard. It's light, slim and highly customizable. I went for it after using the Midwest Industries rail.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/BiteyMcClaws/20130513_135450_HDR_zps35f58918.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/BiteyMcClaws/20130509_211400_zps23f3ee6c.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/BiteyMcClaws/20130509_211416_zps9ce6f721.jpg

DiabhailGadhar
05-23-13, 21:09
I have the casv on my 17. It's excellent with some frustrating features. You need several different Allen keys to install it, none of which are included. The only sling qd mount is at the very front, which conflicts with most people's light placement. I'm not clear if the casv still gives you a free floating barrel or not, either.

Still, its a very nice handguard. It's light, slim and highly customizable. I went for it after using the Midwest Industries rail.

Hey I noticed you had some extra rail panels on yours which ones are you running? Did you get them from Vltor or are they another brand?

Voodoo_Man
05-23-13, 21:34
I was considering getting the CAS-V for my 16s, but then decided to stick with the PWS SRX.

The biggest issue for me was that even you had to buy the CAS-V Extender to get that extra rail space that I wanted. All of which, plus the additional price of add-on rails, put the price way over the price of the PWS SRX.

It does look good and I believe if you do not need the additional rail space (for grip or otherwise) up front, and you wanted to lighten up the front end (not that it needs to be any lighter) then this might be a good option.

1911-A1
05-23-13, 23:39
Hey I noticed you had some extra rail panels on yours which ones are you running? Did you get them from Vltor or are they another brand?

They are Vltor rails for the casv. They're metal and run around $13. The rail comes with one as well.