PDA

View Full Version : Man questioned in Boston Marathon bombing shot, killed by FBI.

TMS951
05-22-13, 11:08
http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/man-questioned-in-boston-marathon-bombing-shot-killed-by-fbi/-/11971628/20250158/-/k4uelaz/-/index.html?absolute=true&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wcvb

"ORLANDO, Fla. —A man being questioned in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings was shot and killed in Florida early Wednesday by an FBI agent from Boston when the agent "began to feel threatened," ABC News confirmed.

Khusen Taramov said he and Ibragim Todashev were being questioned as part of the bombings by the FBI official and law enforcement officers in Orlando.Taramov said Todashev, 27, knew bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev because both were MMA fighters.

Taramov said they were interviewed nearly three hours, and at some point, "something went wrong," and Todashev was killed.

"There was some sort of aggressive movement that led the FBI agent to believe he was under threat and he opened fire," the law enforcement official told ABC News."

Alpha Sierra
05-22-13, 11:43
Something stinks here........

Irish
05-22-13, 11:49
The article states that the FBI guy got shanked multiple times from the deceased before he shot and killed him. I would think that dude and surrounding area would be cleared of weapons prior to interview process as normal procedure.

Abraxas
05-22-13, 11:56
I would think that dude and surrounding area would be cleared of weapons prior to interview process as normal procedure.

Sometimes, it really depends on the type of interview and the level of suspicion and a few other factors.

Alex F
05-22-13, 12:01
Nevermind, it says he attacked with a knife.

Irish
05-22-13, 12:04
Sometimes, it really depends on the type of interview and the level of suspicion and a few other factors.

I completely understand. Sounds like dude was being interviewed about a triple murder and that's why I thought there's be a more heightened level of security. Nothing bad meant towards the people involved.

TMS951
05-22-13, 12:56
The Article was updated since I posted the link, initially there was no indication the FBI agent was stabbed.

The quote in my original post was from the unrevised article.

Todd00000
05-22-13, 13:02
But the WH said these two acted alone, that they were wanna be's.

VooDoo6Actual
05-22-13, 14:22
Inviting more Boston-type massacres

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/22/inviting-more-boston-type-massacres/

SteyrAUG
05-22-13, 16:12

I think the "acted alone" means there was nobody else in Boston.

I don't find it surprising that they might have let others in on it, or even knew other independents who planned to carry out similar acts.

There is a difference between that and an organized cell.

I think Muslim radicals have discovered what the KKK decades ago, that organized cells can be infiltrated and tracked whereas a loose association of like minded individuals who act independently without a coordinated leadership or the involvement of other members are much harder to track and prevent.

Basically radical groups put their message out there, complete with ideas and "how to" information, with the hopes that individuals will take up the cause.

jpmuscle
05-22-13, 16:16

I think the "acted alone" means there was nobody else in Boston.

I don't find it surprising that they might have let others in on it, or even knew other independents who planned to carry out similar acts.

There is a difference between that and an organized cell.

I think Muslim radicals have discovered what the KKK decades ago, that organized cells can be infiltrated and tracked whereas a loose association of like minded individuals who act independently without a coordinated leadership or the involvement of other members are much harder to track and prevent.

Basically radical groups put their message out there, complete with ideas and "how to" information, with the hopes that individuals will take up the cause.

Napolitano is on record saying no one else was involved or had knowledge of the Boston attacks. What did biden call them? Amateur jihadists or something.

SteyrAUG
05-22-13, 16:28
Napolitano is on record saying no one else was involved or had knowledge of the Boston attacks. What did biden call them? Amateur jihadists or something.

To some degree they may have been correct. I'm sure somebody in Russia knew something about the older brothers intentions even if they didn't know any specifics.

And while I hate to give Napolitano the benefit of the doubt, she may have believed that at the time based upon what they knew at the time which doesn't seem to be very much.

Obviously if the FBI saw fit to check out a connection in FL and the guy pulled a knife, it would seem to indicate that once again Napolitano was wrong either because they ignored warning signs or simply failed to detect anything.

Most of this seems to extend from the knee jerk reaction and desire to declare any action "NOT AN ACT OF TERRORISM" until it becomes painfully obvious that it was in fact an act of terrorism.

We saw this in Benghazi where they tried to suggest attacks that occurred on 9-11 were somehow only a spontaneous response to a video.

Obviously Biden is an idiot and he's usually wrong about most things.

TAZ
05-22-13, 18:17

Not to try and give that deuche lick any credit, but what else is she going to say in public? Yeah guys we think that billy joe bob from Florida was involved in this and we're sending someone down tomorrow on the red eye? Loose lips sink ships and **** up investigations.

jpmuscle
05-22-13, 18:22
Not to try and give that deuche lick any credit, but what else is she going to say in public? Yeah guys we think that billy joe bob from Florida was involved in this and we're sending someone down tomorrow on the red eye? Loose lips sink ships and **** up investigations.

How about its an on going investigation and we will apprise you of the details when were ready to do so. Not just sitting their and lying to the American people out of some abstract desire to mitigate the proliferation of fear. They were trying to make it not sound like terrorism before they even knew what the hell was happening.

SteyrAUG
05-22-13, 18:26
They were trying to make it not sound like terrorism before they even knew what the hell was happening.

And have been since 9-11 it seems. Even more so since the Obama election. They declared the Fort Hood shooting "NOT terrorism" before they knew anything.

God forbid people automatically make assumptions based upon past experience, especially if those experiences provide a pattern that might help prevent future instances.

Preventing tragedies is important, but not as important as political correctness.

Moose-Knuckle
05-23-13, 00:18
Something stinks here........

You think!?

A man sought in connection with the Boston terror suspects, from the same country as the said terrorists, about to sign a written confession to three murders, and he is shot and killed after producing a lethal cutting instrument and attacking his interviewer . . . :blink:

I mean this is right up there with 19 year old Dzhokar Tsarnaev who weighs in at about a buck thirty holding HRT at bay for hours in a fierce firefight just to give up and shoot himself in the throat with firearms that were never found at the scene . . .

Irish
05-23-13, 10:33
Interesting. (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/22403812/fbi-shooting-orlando-moments-before-fatal-shooting-of-ibragim-todashev-still-unclear)

Initially, FBI officials said Todashev, 27, became violent and lunged at an agent with a knife while he was being questioned about Tsarnaev and an unsolved 2011 triple murder in the Boston suburb of Waltham. The agent, acting on an "imminent threat," then shot Todashev, they said.

However, later in the day, some of those officials had backed off that preliminary account, and it's no longer clear what happened in the moments before the fatal shooting, The Associated Press reported.

Mjolnir
05-23-13, 16:27
We saw this in Benghazi where they tried to suggest attacks that occurred on 9-11 were somehow only a spontaneous response to a video...

More disturbing are the legion of people (including many here) who swallowed that story with all sorts of anecdotal evidence to corroborate an embellished tale.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

Sensei
05-30-13, 06:12
Now, there are reports that he was unarmed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/officials-man-who-knew-boston-bomber-was-unarmed-when-shot/2013/05/29/21f05b74-c8a8-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html

Moose-Knuckle
05-30-13, 14:55
Now, there are reports that he was unarmed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/officials-man-who-knew-boston-bomber-was-unarmed-when-shot/2013/05/29/21f05b74-c8a8-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html

"Dead men tell no tales . . ."

Irish
05-30-13, 17:08
"Dead men tell no tales . . ."

How convenient... The whole thing, from the media accounts, is very odd to say the least.

THCDDM4
05-30-13, 17:32
There is a lot of information (Lack of info and misinformation as well) that doesn't jive here and raises some pretty out-of-this world and scary questions even I would have thought of as conspiracy theory BS in the past.

I'm beginning to think members/groups within our own Gummint might be more involved- to the point we may not have the capacity to believe let alone ever realize or understand.

So much inconsistency from day one with the information being released on the bombing, man hunt, apprehension, etc.

This whole ordeal raises so many red flags in my mind.

It seems there is way more going on here than what is on the surface and what is being reported. The information overload leading me to believe some sinister shit is going on behind secret/closed doors and TPTB do not want the veil lifted.

Anyone else feel this way?

This all stinks, and stinks bad...

trinydex
05-30-13, 18:08
How about its an on going investigation and we will apprise you of the details when were ready to do so. Not just sitting their and lying to the American people out of some abstract desire to mitigate the proliferation of fear. They were trying to make it not sound like terrorism before they even knew what the hell was happening.

i thought the job of dhs and everyone in favor of removing your personal freedoms was to spread fear and panic and fire up the weakminded to beg for protection and safety and security...

trinydex
05-30-13, 18:12
There is a lot of information (Lack of info and misinformation as well) that doesn't jive here and raises some pretty out-of-this world and scary questions even I would have thought of as conspiracy theory BS in the past.

I'm beginning to think members/groups within our own Gummint might be more involved- to the point we may not have the capacity to believe let alone ever realize or understand.

So much inconsistency from day one with the information being released on the bombing, man hunt, apprehension, etc.

This whole ordeal raises so many red flags in my mind.

It seems there is way more going on here than what is on the surface and what is being reported. The information overload leading me to believe some sinister shit is going on behind secret/closed doors and TPTB do not want the veil lifted.

Anyone else feel this way?

This all stinks, and stinks bad...

what exactly could it stink of?

which country are we living in? is it the one that loves protecting terrorists? or is it the one that loves killing them? is this guy just innocent? or is he a douchebag that deserved to die?

which crazy ass theory will it be today that makes this story smell like poopoo? fbi is out there just killing innocent people? fbi is taking the law into their own hands, extrajudicial killings within our own borders of "homeland security threats." is that what this is stinking of? is someone gonna demand an explanation from eric holder on the legality of extrajudicial killings of possible terrorism-related suspects, or just criminal subjects in general?

Moose-Knuckle
05-30-13, 21:39
Yeah, I know . . . I know . . . it's the dead guys father.

Father of man FBI shot claims his son was executed

At news conference in Moscow, Abdul-Baki Todashev showed journalists 16 photographs that he said were of his son, Ibragim, in a Florida morgue. He said his son had six gunshot wounds to his torso and one to the back of his head and the pictures were taken by his son's friend, Khusen Taramov.

http://news.yahoo.com/father-man-fbi-shot-claims-son-executed-143828926.html

Sensei
05-30-13, 21:49
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/us/man-tied-to-boston-suspect-said-to-have-attacked-fbi-agent.html?_r=0

Here is the latest: the agent was knocked to the ground by a table that was thrown at him, then the suspect charged him with some type of pole. The agent sustained facial injuries from the table that required stitches.

SteyrAUG
05-30-13, 22:37
It troubles me that the FBI account of events seems to be evolving.

trinydex
05-30-13, 22:59
Yeah, I know . . . I know . . . it's the dead guys father.

Father of man FBI shot claims his son was executed

http://news.yahoo.com/father-man-fbi-shot-claims-son-executed-143828926.html

6 rounds in the torso and one in the head whether front or back is hardly "execution" style.

trinydex
05-30-13, 23:01

why would anyone believe initial reports? aren't they always inaccurate? do you truly think the three agents on scene spoke with reporters after the shooting? would you as a private citizen speak with the media after a self defense shooting in hour own home let alone out somewhat not your home? have you read hilton yam's article on what a person should do after a self defense related shooting?

Sensei
05-30-13, 23:10

These are not the FBI's accounts since they have not released any official statements to the media. The Bureau will not put out any official account of the events until after their investigation which may take a couple of months. All of these evolving stories come from unnamed sources "familiar with the investigation." Good luck defining what the media accepts as "familiar."

This happens all the time. Unofficial sources that have incomplete or completely inaccurate information leak it to the press who don't bother to vet the story before running with it. People then blame the agency involved even though they had nothing to do with the erroneous reports.

Sensei
05-30-13, 23:16
6 rounds in the torso and one in the head whether front or back is hardly "execution" style.

I've seen the autopsy photo and there is no way to determine which of the head wounds (there are 2 - left frontal skull above the hairline and another left parietal skull) is entrance or exit simply by looking at the photo.

Moose-Knuckle
05-31-13, 01:57

Well that just solves the mystery now doesn't . . .

Alaskapopo
05-31-13, 02:07
My thoughts are I hope the agent makes a speedy recovery and good riddence to the terrorist scum.
Pat

SteyrAUG
05-31-13, 03:14
why would anyone believe initial reports? aren't they always inaccurate? do you truly think the three agents on scene spoke with reporters after the shooting? would you as a private citizen speak with the media after a self defense shooting in hour own home let alone out somewhat not your home? have you read hilton yam's article on what a person should do after a self defense related shooting?

I'm just having a Ruby Ridge flashback where US Marshalls fabricated and altered versions of events prompting the FBI to investigate and conclude they were FOS.

Iraqgunz
05-31-13, 04:12
In this particular case (assuming what we have heard is true) I tend to agree. I can't even imagine why they would allow one agent to question someone SUSPECTED of being involved in a triple homicide and has a background in MMA. Unless they were just plain stupid.

I'm just having a Ruby Ridge flashback where US Marshalls fabricated and altered versions of events prompting the FBI to investigate and conclude they were FOS.

Sensei
05-31-13, 06:21
In this particular case (assuming what we have heard is true) I tend to agree. I can't even imagine why they would allow one agent to question someone SUSPECTED of being involved in a triple homicide and has a background in MMA. Unless they were just plain stupid.

Today's unofficial reports claim that it was the FBI agent and a dective from MASP who were interviewing the suspect. I've never seen a report that the agent was flying solo.

Irish
05-31-13, 11:37
My thoughts are I hope the agent makes a speedy recovery and good riddence to the terrorist scum.
Pat

What makes him terrorist scum? The fact that they were interviewing him? From everything I've read that only makes him a suspect. Plenty of "suspects" have been exonerated recently in several different incidents.

glocktogo
05-31-13, 13:39
What makes him terrorist scum? The fact that they were interviewing him? From everything I've read that only makes him a suspect. Plenty of "suspects" have been exonerated recently in several different incidents.

You must be unfamiliar with the new "guilty until the press proves you innocent" system. ;)

Irish
05-31-13, 16:53
You must be unfamiliar with the new "guilty until the press proves you innocent" system. ;)

I almost forgot :suicide2:

Alaskapopo
05-31-13, 17:58

Kind of like people are doing here with the FBI agent and the FBI in general. Assuming it was some tin foil hat cover up.:rolleyes:

Alaskapopo
05-31-13, 17:59

Lets see maybe umm the FACT he tried to kill the agent interviewing him.
Pat

Irish
06-01-13, 13:04
Pat

That doesn't make him a terrorist. Also, you don't know, for a fact, that he was trying to kill the agent. You're making assumptions after reading an article or possibly several that contradict one another.

Typically you're adamant about people not condemning the accused, MMQB'ing incidents and passing judgment on those in law enforcement. It's a shame you don't apply that same standard to ordinary citizens.

ForTehNguyen
06-02-13, 06:22
http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-changes-story-again-ibragim-todashev-shooting-114132404.html

The FBI Changes Its Story (Again) on the Ibragim Todashev Shooting
By Dashiell Bennett | The Atlantic Wire – Fri, May 31, 2013

The FBI Changes Its Story (Again) …

Law enforcement officials are still trying to explain how a supposedly peaceful interview with an important witness in the Boston bombing case turned into a deadly shooting, but as usual, every new attempt to explain the death of Ibragim Todashev only raises more troubling questions. After originally accusing the suspect and potential murderous accomplice of Boston bomber Tamleran Tsarnaev of attacking an FBI agent with a knife, and then walking back that claim entirely, an new anonymous source says Todashev, may have injured the agent with a table and a metal pole. Or maybe not.

Here's the way the attack was described in The New York Times. Everyone seems to agree that after several hours of interrogation, Todashev was prepared to confess to an unsolved murder that he and Tamerlan Tsarnaev were connected to. Then thing get a lot less clear:

At that moment, Mr. Todashev picked up the table and threw it at the agent, knocking him to the ground. While trying to stand up, the agent, who suffered a wound to his face from the table that required stitches, drew his gun and saw Mr. Todashev running at him with a metal pole, according to the official, adding that it might have been a broomstick.

So not only has the story changed again, it has now changed twice in the same sentence. The weapon has no gone from nothing to a knife, back to nothing to a table to a metal pole to a broomstick. Todashev was also apparently shot more than once, after an initial volley of "several shots" somehow failed to bring him down.

Oh, and there's a pretty big difference between a metal pole and a broomstick, and the fact that the Times source can't decide which one it is suggests they don't really know happened either. (CNN reported that Todashev owned a samurai sword that was in the room, but no one has yet suggested that he wielded that at any time.) With at least three witnesses, you're likely to get three different stories and we might never know which, if any of them, is the most accurate.

The new version of event also doesn't answer the question of why the FBI agent immediately began firing his weapon or why the other police officers in the room failed to intervene. Which leaves us right back where we started: A confusing scene, an apparently unnecessary death, and a lot of unanswered questions. And on top of all that, the FBI lost what could have been one of their most valuable sources of information on what the Tsarnaev brothers were really up to before the carried their attack.

T2C
06-02-13, 06:46
So far all I have been able to locate is information that the MEDIA has printed and broadcast conflicting accounts about the incident. Has anyone on this thread identified a source that provides direct statements from FBI personnel who were actually present when the shooting occurred?

I could not find a link to an interview with a supervisor who is directly involved in the Use of Force investigation. Can anyone provide a link?

montanadave
06-02-13, 10:03
So far all I have been able to locate is information that the MEDIA has printed and broadcast conflicting accounts about the incident. Has anyone on this thread identified a source that provides direct statements from FBI personnel who were actually present when the shooting occurred?

I could not find a link to an interview with a supervisor who is directly involved in the Use of Force investigation. Can anyone provide a link?

The FBI has the lid screwed down tight on this. Their last official statement:

The FBI is conducting a review of the May 22, 2013 shooting of Ibragim Todashev, 27, which occurred at Todashev’s residence, at 6022 Peregrine Avenue, Orlando, Florida. The FBI’s shooting incident review team interviews witnesses and gathers information regarding the shooting incident for presentation to a Shooting Incident Review Group (SIRG), which consists of members from the FBI and the Department of Justice. The SIRG examines all of the information and determines the reasonableness of the application of deadly force in accordance with the Department of Justice’s deadly force policy and the law. While this internal review process is occurring, we cannot comment regarding investigative details.

The FBI takes very seriously any shooting incidents involving our agents, and as such, we have an effective, time-tested process for addressing them internally. The review process is thorough and objective and conducted as expeditiously as possible under the circumstances.
(http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-regarding-shooting-incident-in-orlando-florida)

Personally, I think it sounds like the agents/detectives had been up all night grilling this guy; folks are tired, worn out, frustrated; somebody got careless and the suspect (having apparently given himself up in a triple homicide) tried to bolt; and things went sideways in a hurry.

Unfortunate? Absolutely. Worth somebody getting their dick slapped for not following proper procedures? Undoubtedly. A FBI plot to murder a suspect as part of a broader conspiracy to cover up information about the Boston bombings? Not based on anything I've seen ... yet.

Alpha Sierra
06-02-13, 10:04
Pat

You sure seem to be really sure about what happend at a lot of controversial events without ever being there.

jpmuscle
06-02-13, 12:11
Personally, I think it sounds like the agents/detectives had been up all night grilling this guy; folks are tired, worn out, frustrated; somebody got careless and the suspect (having apparently given himself up in a triple homicide) tried to bolt; and things went sideways in a hurry.

Unfortunate? Absolutely. Worth somebody getting their dick slapped for not following proper procedures? Undoubtedly. A FBI plot to murder a suspect as part of a broader conspiracy to cover up information about the Boston bombings? Not based on anything I've seen ... yet.

I'm inclined to think interrogation gone bad. If so it just strikes me as odd though that they would be doing that in such an uncontrolled environment.

montanadave
06-02-13, 12:16
I'm inclined to think interrogation gone bad. If so it just strikes me as odd though that they would be doing that in such an uncontrolled environment.

Agreed. All I can think of is they had the guy talking and they didn't want to move him or alter the environment for fear he would clam up/lawyer up. But I have no experience in these situations and do not know what kind of latitude agents are given in deviating from standard policies or protocols so my opinion is pure conjecture.

Sensei
06-02-13, 13:21
So far, the public facts are that the FBI shot and killed a subject during the course of an investigation.

Everything else that people discuss is pure speculation likely influenced by bias.

SeriousStudent
06-02-13, 13:38
You sure seem to be really sure about what happend at a lot of controversial events without ever being there.

The exact same thing applies to everyone in this thread. That would include you.

Anybody who was there is not going to chat with anybody except their chain of command, people investigating the shooting, and their attorney's.

We don't know squat until that's complete.

ETA: Sensei beat me to it, whilst I was off herding a different group of cats.

Alpha Sierra
06-02-13, 15:50
The exact same thing applies to everyone in this thread. That would include you.

Except that while I have my suspicions, I don't claim to know what happened with the certainty that Pat does.

In fact, I don't claim to know anything at all about this incident.

T2C
06-02-13, 17:36
So far, the public facts are that the FBI shot and killed a subject during the course of an investigation.

Everything else that people discuss is pure speculation likely influenced by bias.

Precisely.

Irish
06-06-13, 18:54
Interesting update. (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-ibragim-todashev-doj-civil-rights-20130609,0,6770665.story)

U.S. Department of Justice civil-rights division has pledged to conduct a separate investigation into the FBI's fatal shooting last month of Ibragim Todashev in Orlando — but only if it decides one is necessary.

The agency announced its position in response to the American Civil Liberties Union's call for an independent examination of the May 22 shooting. The FBI is part of the justice department.

Todashev, 27, died while he was being questioned by the agent, who is from the FBI's Boston division, at a condo near Universal Studios.

Irish
06-18-13, 22:40
Ibragim Todashev's body was flown home to Russia. (http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/06/18/body-ibragim-todashev-friend-marathon-bombing-suspect-finally-flown-back-russia/NQdPahQ0wHPvCUcKqdA6UK/story.html)

Almost a month after he was shot and killed by a Boston FBI agent, Ibragim Todashev's body was loaded on a 5:40 p.m. flight to Russia on Tuesday, concluding his family’s nearly monthlong process of getting his body home.

Todashev's family has attempted to ship the body back to Russia since it was released by the Florida medical examiner the week after the shooting on May 22. However, according to family members and friends, the FBI has yet to release his green card and passport -- both confiscated during their investigation -- making booking a flight difficult.

Todashev, 27, a Russian native living in Orlando when he was killed, was a friend of accused Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and was interviewed multiple times about that relationship.

During his final voluntary interview, Todashev was shot multiple times and killed by an agent who claimed the man attacked him. Details of what happened in the moments before the shooting remain shrouded in government secrecy, with the FBI refusing to release any information citing an ongoing investigation.

Irish
07-16-13, 18:16
FBI blocks release of autopsy on Boston suspects' pal. (http://www.greenvilleonline.com/usatoday/article/2522677)

The FBI has barred the Orlando medical examiner from releasing the autopsy report on a friend of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects who was shot dead by an agent during questioning in May.

Although the autopsy on Ibragim Todashev was completed July 8 and "ready for release," the FBI "has informed this office that the case is still under active investigation and thus not to release the document," Tony Miranda, forensic records coordinator for Orange and Osceola counties, wrote in a statement Tuesday. The statement cites a Florida statute that bars the release of autopsy reports during criminal investigations.....

An FBI agent killed 27-year-old Todashev in his Orlando apartment during questioning related to the bombings and an unsolved triple murder in Waltham, Mass., two years ago. The agency and the Justice Department are conducting an internal investigation.

The FBI and Massachusetts State Police have not released details of the fatal shooting. Initial reports, attributed to law enforcement officials, indicated that Todashev allegedly attacked the FBI agent May 22 while preparing to sign a statement implicating him and the Boston bombing suspects - Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - in the Sept. 11, 2011, triple slayings.....

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-13, 19:07
What a circus, can't wait for them to fabricate civil rights violations against George Zimmerman.

Peshawar
07-16-13, 20:31
It's a state secret. Just look at what the FBI did with Sibel Edmonds.

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-13, 20:52
Just look at what the FBI did with Sibel Edmonds.

And Randy Weaver . . .

And The Branch Davidians . . .

And . . .