PDA

View Full Version : Magpul fixed carbine stocks shipping

BrigandTwoFour
05-22-13, 20:20
Hey guys, just noticed that the Magpul fixed carbine stocks started shipping today.

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/05/22/now-shipping-magpul-moe-fixed-rifle-stock/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bbgQIVmyUMs/UPWzpJrBN5I/AAAAAAAAN5E/18mxeuTBxzY/s1600/Fixed+Stock+MOE.jpg

When I saw the reports of these at shot, I got very interested. I already run A5 kits on my 5.56 rifles, and have a MOE fixed rifle on a .308, but If I was looking to shorten the LOP on the rifle, or go lighter, this things looks like it would fit the bill.

mrvco
05-22-13, 22:02
I like it, nice LOP.

8.9 oz mil-spec or commercial... a tiny bit heavier than the mil-spec MOE and CTR collapsible stocks.

markm
05-23-13, 08:11
Works on Carbine or A5 REs. :cool:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/magpulstock_zpse7b42810.jpg

Col_Crocs
05-23-13, 08:17
^^nice! What would you say the LOP is on this thing? 2nd or 3rd position on a MOE?

markm
05-23-13, 08:28
I can't quote any positions since various REs are different... but here's a comparison with an A2 stock.

The MOE fixed is exactly where I keep my sliders.

Here's a crappy cell pic comparing it to an Colt A2.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/magpulstock1_zps7e375a7e.jpg

rauchman
05-23-13, 09:18
Living in NJ, I'm very interested in this stock. How does it secure to the receiver extension tube? Ultimately, is it AWB friendly?

markm
05-23-13, 09:48
Living in NJ, I'm very interested in this stock. How does it secure to the receiver extension tube? Ultimately, is it AWB friendly?

Of course it is. There's no less securing than an A2 stock.

You slide the spacer on, slide the stock on, and tighten the fastener. ROCK SOLID.

JonnyVain
05-23-13, 10:01
[QUOTE=BrigandTwoFour;1651550]Hey guys, just noticed that the Magpul fixed carbine stocks started shipping today.

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/05/22/now-shipping-magpul-moe-fixed-rifle-stock/

QUOTE]

Love the comment on that site: "Disappointed it doesn't space out to A2 length."

Dude. Fixed CAR BEAN stock.

markm
05-23-13, 10:02
Love the comment on that site: "Disappointed it doesn't space out to A2 length."

Dude. Fixed CAR BEAN stock.

What a ****tard. Magpul makes a fixed rifle MOE stock. The world is infested with retards. :rolleyes:

K1tt3n5
05-23-13, 10:04
Hmmm that's pretty sweet!!

WickedWillis
05-23-13, 10:55
What a ****tard. Magpul makes a fixed rifle MOE stock. The world is infested with retards. :rolleyes:

MarkM your rants make my mornings! I do agree with you on this one though. I think this is a fantastic stock for SBR's, especially for us gents with longer arms.

markm
05-23-13, 11:03
I can not say a bad thing about this stock. I was surprised on the upside when I got it.

The body is a solid hunk... not heavy... but sturdy.

People that run their slider stocks WAY out long might not like this LOP... but if you're in the medium LOP range, it's nice.

Ostdarva
05-23-13, 11:04
Always cool to see new products but I'd rather have a skeletor stock.
http://i.imgur.com/hpwsSWV.jpg
yes.. im bored at work lol

WickedWillis
05-23-13, 11:07
http://i.imgur.com/hpwsSWV.jpg
yes.. im bored at work lol

Well that makes two of us bored at work.

markm
05-23-13, 11:09

That foam on the comb was too jookie for me.

Ostdarva
05-23-13, 11:12
That foam on the comb was too jookie for me.
lolwat
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2727748211/c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg
where is google translator when u need it

john232629
05-23-13, 11:14
May have to order one for t&e

markm
05-23-13, 11:15
The ACE Skeleton stock has that black foam padding on the comb of the stock. Always struck me as a silly Pachmeyer like Cheezy design.

Ostdarva
05-23-13, 11:20
its for when you get sleepy you can take a nap on it

pyzik
05-23-13, 11:35
Well that makes two of us bored at work.

Make it three.

This stock looks like it would be nice.

markm
05-23-13, 11:41
Make it three.

Long weekend coming up though! :D

pyzik
05-23-13, 11:43
Long weekend coming up though! :D
:dance3: And I have tomorrow and Tuesday off. Getting hard to keep my butt in this chair.

rauchman
05-23-13, 12:59
Of course it is. There's no less securing than an A2 stock.

You slide the spacer on, slide the stock on, and tighten the fastener. ROCK SOLID.

I don't believe it is legal. My understanding of a stock on a collapsible receiver extension, is that ANY stock going the carbine / A5 RE must be permanently fixed to the RE.

VLTOR's rifle modstock is a perfect example of this. From their own website ...http://www.vltorstore.com/products/ARM%3A-Rifle-Stocks.html....

"When mounted to the Rifle Length receiver extension the stock will be the fixed at the A1 or A2 length. When mounted to the Carbine Receiver extension the Rifle Modstock can be adjusted for length by using the Carbine Receiver extension’s locking positions and the provided locking pin.

Note: When mounted to an adjustable receiver extension tube the Rifle Modstock is legally considered an adjustable stock!"

I could be wrong (I really hope I'm wrong as I really like the MagPul stock), but from the way you describe it, it doesn't sound like the MagPul stock differs all that much from the way it affixes to the RE than the VLTOR rifle modstock. In other words, it is not permanently affixed to the RE.

Edited to add: As I look closer at the right side of the stock, it appears there is a hole for a roll pin to pin to the RE. So sucks to live a ban state!

pyzik
05-23-13, 13:03
My noobism is going to show here... There is no such thing as a "smooth" carbine length buffer tube that could be used for this (or the Vltor stock)? I am sure there is.

markm
05-23-13, 13:10
There's NOTHING adjustable about this stock.... other than perhaps a thicker butt pad.

It's either ON the gun or OFF the gun... no different than an A2.. one fastener hold it in place. Now if some state goober law has the detail imbedded in a law where the R.E. can not have adjustable features.... well I'd be shocked. That's WAY MORE over the top than most bad policy I've ever heard of.

BrigandTwoFour
05-23-13, 13:36
Mark,

Does the attachment method interfere with the end plate? Both of my carbines have Noveske QD endplates on them, and I was wondering if they would interfere with the stock. I was assuming not, since there is the option of using Magpul's ASAP plate.

markm
05-23-13, 13:41
It'd go right over the endplate and cover the socket. There's a second spacer to accomodate the ASAP, and might work with the QD, but I never tried installing it.

rauchman
05-23-13, 14:47
There's NOTHING adjustable about this stock.... other than perhaps a thicker butt pad.

It's either ON the gun or OFF the gun... no different than an A2.. one fastener hold it in place. Now if some state goober law has the detail imbedded in a law where the R.E. can not have adjustable features.... well I'd be shocked. That's WAY MORE over the top than most bad policy I've ever heard of.

While it's true, the stock doesn't have adjustability, the RE does by having the holes on the bottom to capture the indent off the stock. I would guess that if one could find a carbine / A5 RE that didn't have the holes on the bottom, it wouldn't be an issue.

Crazy...absolutely, frustrating....definitely, asinine....no question!

As I understand it, during the AWB, the ATF defined how stocks would be permanently affixed to the RE, and the AWB states use these definitions to define the legal parameters of their AWB rules. Things like how the pin that "pins" the stock in place can't go through both sides of the stock, only one. This way, the pin couldn't be as easily popped out.

At the end of the day though, this stock looks like an excellent option for what it is. I'm still very hot on trying one out. Getting my drill ready at home to pop that roll pin in.....ugghhhh.

markm
05-23-13, 14:51
I would guess that if one could find a carbine / A5 RE that didn't have the holes on the bottom, it wouldn't be an issue.

If for some reason the RE was an issue, I suppose you could take and have the slots milled out of it.

I might slide the other spacer over a castle nut and get a pic tonight. I think I have one of Pappabear's guns with a Noveske end plate in my safe.

MistWolf
05-23-13, 15:36
My noobism is going to show here... There is no such thing as a "smooth" carbine length buffer tube that could be used for this (or the Vltor stock)? I am sure there is.

An entry length receiver extension is made to used short fixed stocks (entry length stocks). It's the same length as a carbine RE and uses carbine spring & buffer

Iraqgunz
05-23-13, 16:16
You cannot compare this to other stocks. This stock is not adjustable in any way. It attaches to the tube and is tightened down. If you loosen it then it will slip off the stock.

I am hoping that Magpul will chime in on this. In addition any rules pertaining to the old AWB are no longer valid. I suggest you CAREFULLY read the laws of your particular state to see if it is compliant.

I don't believe it is legal. My understanding of a stock on a collapsible receiver extension, is that ANY stock going the carbine / A5 RE must be permanently fixed to the RE.

VLTOR's rifle modstock is a perfect example of this. From their own website ...http://www.vltorstore.com/products/ARM%3A-Rifle-Stocks.html....

"When mounted to the Rifle Length receiver extension the stock will be the fixed at the A1 or A2 length. When mounted to the Carbine Receiver extension the Rifle Modstock can be adjusted for length by using the Carbine Receiver extension’s locking positions and the provided locking pin.

Note: When mounted to an adjustable receiver extension tube the Rifle Modstock is legally considered an adjustable stock!"

I could be wrong (I really hope I'm wrong as I really like the MagPul stock), but from the way you describe it, it doesn't sound like the MagPul stock differs all that much from the way it affixes to the RE than the VLTOR rifle modstock. In other words, it is not permanently affixed to the RE.

Edited to add: As I look closer at the right side of the stock, it appears there is a hole for a roll pin to pin to the RE. So sucks to live a ban state!

Cagemonkey
05-23-13, 16:24
Nice. Who's got these in stock?

Stickman
05-23-13, 16:40
I was surprised on the upside when I got it.

You certainly got one before me. :p

markm
05-23-13, 16:53
Here's how the other spacer would work. Not too bad, Ese! :cool:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/magpul1_zps4fd5b761.jpg

usmcvet
05-23-13, 21:13
Great option. I'd like to try one.

As far as the ban states I don't get it! An A1/A2 is not permeant either. It comes on and off much the same way. You could remove an A1/2 stock and change the RE out and put on a collapsible stock.

ChocLab
05-23-13, 22:59
Looks like a great option for ban states if you want shorter LOP than an A1.

I have a pinned stock that is coming off so I can try out.

Also, I feel more comfortable with that than a pinned stock since it has no ability to "telescop" except in the fixed position when debating with LEO or your attorney vs DA for those of us in ban territory.

Wonder what the LOP is when put on a Vltor ext for an AK?

Stickman - AK pic please ;)

AKDoug
05-23-13, 23:47

WTF is that? A QD endplate? Say it ain't so ;) (never minds, didn't see the other post...carry on)

Anyhooo... if they made that front part at different lengths you could adjust LOP with that.

Stickman
05-23-13, 23:59
Stickman - AK pic please ;)

I can't take pictures of what I don't have. When ever it gets here, you will see a bunch of pictures. Sorry.

markm
05-24-13, 08:10
WTF is that? A QD endplate? Say it ain't so ;) (never minds, didn't see the other post...carry on)

Yeah... that is Pappabear's gun. I hate when he has me install those things. :rolleyes:

Anyhooo... if they made that front part at different lengths you could adjust LOP with that.

Absolutely NOT. There is no way to adjust LOP with a larger spacer. The retaining fastener wouldn't be able to go through the stock if it were longer.

SPQR476
05-24-13, 09:11
The FCS has 2 positions...on the rifle, and off the rifle. It does not use the adjustment holes on the tube in any way, and does not engage the holes for attachment.

You can't put the screw in unless the stock is fully seated on the tube, so there are no possible intermediate positions without materially altering the stock or the tube.

We cannot guarantee compliance with various state laws and requirements, but there is no adjustability in this stock, except for screwing on a thicker butt pad.

One thing that is a concern is that some A5 length tubes have a lower rail that is longer than the original A5 tube. The FCS does NOT work on these rifles without cutting the rail on those tubes back to original A5 length. When we started tooling on this stock, the original A5 length was all that was available, or we would have probably looked at accommodating the longer railed ones.

rauchman
05-24-13, 09:38
The FCS has 2 positions...on the rifle, and off the rifle. It does not use the adjustment holes on the tube in any way, and does not engage the holes for attachment.

You can't put the screw in unless the stock is fully seated on the tube, so there are no possible intermediate positions without materially altering the stock or the tube.

We cannot guarantee compliance with various state laws and requirements, but there is no adjustability in this stock, except for screwing on a thicker butt pad.

One thing that is a concern is that some A5 length tubes have a lower rail that is longer than the original A5 tube. The FCS does NOT work on these rifles without cutting the rail on those tubes back to original A5 length. When we started tooling on this stock, the original A5 length was all that was available, or we would have probably looked at accommodating the longer railed ones.

Appreciate the info. Thank you!

rauchman
05-24-13, 09:40
Works on Carbine or A5 REs. :cool:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/magpulstock_zpse7b42810.jpg

Where did you get your stock from? I've looked at a bunch of AR parts sites and no one has them yet.

jaxman7
05-24-13, 09:43
Where did you get your stock from? I've looked at a bunch of AR parts sites and no one has them yet.

Magpul shifted production to MarkM's house. Now we know where they moved to. ;)

-Jax

markm
05-24-13, 09:43

It's a pre production model. As soon as they're on the sites, I'm buying a couple black ones.

Bravo B5s will be on the EE for cheap. ;) (one black, one Tan)

JonnyVain
05-24-13, 10:10
DSG arms has them in all colors.

ETA: Of course as soon as I post I see the "get notified when available" box. So they don't have them yet.

yfz
05-24-13, 10:14
Does the cross bolt sit right in front of where the stock adjustment protrudes from the tube? Sorry, kinda hard to explain without a picture. If so, there is no way that stock is coming off.

markm
05-24-13, 10:49
Yes. The attachment screw rides in front of the taper on the bottom of the RE. Thus the stock won't pull/rip off of the RE if it snagged on something.

Mr.Anderson
05-24-13, 13:02
Yeah... that is Pappabear's gun. I hate when he has me install those things. :rolleyes:

Edumecation Question:

What is wrong with an the QD endplate?
(serious question, for learning, not for debate)

I use a loop for a single point on the end plate on one of my rifles and the other is standard 2 point on a fixed stock and bayonet lug attachment point.

markm
05-24-13, 13:05
What is wrong with an the QD endplate?
(serious question, for learning, not for debate)

Preference really.

1. I hate QD swivels on any sling attachement. Just not "shit wired tight" in my opinion... and

2. I don't like the single point attachment.

Pappabear never uses them, so I have no idea why he has me install them. He's just a weird ****.

^Rb
05-24-13, 14:11
So... where can I buy one? (I actually need 2...)

markm
05-24-13, 14:17
So... where can I buy one? (I actually need 2...)

I put my notification in at DSGarms. I'm hoping rogtac gets them too. He's got free ship.

^Rb
05-24-13, 15:19
I put my notification in at DSGarms. I'm hoping rogtac gets them too. He's got free ship.

Thanks for the tip Mark. I'll do the same.

I'm also hoping that these will be available via Amazon Prime as well.

jaygee
05-24-13, 15:20
Looks mighty fine to me....a fixed butt junkie, if there ever was one !

usmcvet
05-24-13, 17:06
Duane

Thanks for the straight scoop. It looks like a great stock.

CodeRed30
05-24-13, 17:28
So the only problem possibly lies in finding an original length A5 or having to modify a new A5?

Cagemonkey
05-24-13, 20:47
Thanks for the heads up on DSG Arms. Order out.

JonnyVain
05-24-13, 21:32
Can someone post a link to the A5 tube/buffer/spring that is needed for this. I've never heard of it before.

Serpico1985
05-24-13, 21:52
Showing Black moe fixed carbine stock in stock at DSG....

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MAG480-BLK.aspx

JonnyVain,

The Vltor A5 receiver extension is an optional receiver extension that replaces the standard milspec carbine receiver extension. It offers it's own set of benefits and has entire threads dedicated to it. It is longer than a milspec carbine receiver extension. I believe markm was just stating that this new magpul fixed moe stock will work on either type of receiver extension. You do not need to have a Vltor A5 to make it work or install it.

Vgex2
05-24-13, 22:22
Showing Black moe fixed carbine stock in stock at DSG....

Ordered one a couple of hours ago. Cannot wait.

s30
05-24-13, 23:40
Ordered, looking forward to getting this.

markm
05-25-13, 00:45
So the only problem possibly lies in finding an original length A5 or having to modify a new A5?

Works on Carbean REs too.

markm
05-25-13, 00:48
I believe markm was just stating that this new magpul fixed moe stock will work on either type of receiver extension. You do not need to have a Vltor A5 to make it work or install it.

Word, my brotha! And thanks for the heads up. I done gots minez ordered. :cool:

CodeRed30
05-25-13, 01:09
Works on Carbean REs too.

Sorry mark, should've specified "...in addition to carbine".

masakari
05-25-13, 13:19
as far as the length of this... what stock position would it most compare to with a MOE or CTR on a standard milspec 6 position tube?

jerrysimons
05-25-13, 13:30
I have to ask, what does it weigh?

SPQR476
05-25-13, 16:00
8.9 oz. and yes, both standard carbine length buffer tubes and A5 length tubes work.

mrvco
05-25-13, 17:33
as far as the length of this... what stock position would it most compare to with a MOE or CTR on a standard milspec 6 position tube?

If my LOP measurement is accurate, then it appears to be just shy of position 4.

masakari
05-25-13, 18:18
If my LOP measurement is accurate, then it appears to be just shy of position 4.

cool, thanks

Serpico1985
05-25-13, 18:55
Was going to add add that with a vltor emod it's position 3 (12.25" with the rubber vltor butt pad removed and about 12.75" with the rubber butt pad on) which mine stays on all the time. That stock is too cool not to put on my future sbr. I like the idea of a no frills simple sbr with a modern fixed stock.

Aaron_B
05-25-13, 19:12
Looking forward to trying one of these out.

mrvco
05-25-13, 19:17
cool, thanks

Hopefully someone can confirm my math :)

usmcvet
05-25-13, 20:38
Dammit. I do and don't want to try one! I'm afraid I will like it and want to switch!:shout:

K1tt3n5
05-26-13, 01:49
If the lop is between 12.5-13.5ish ill be picking one up!

markm
05-26-13, 12:45
From TRIGGER to butt pad is 12.0" with the thin butt pad.

skullworks
05-26-13, 12:49
C'mon Brownells; feed my addiction!

Tapatapatapatalk

usmcvet
05-26-13, 13:37
From TRIGGER to butt pad is 12.0" with the thin butt pad.

Thanks Mark.

Anyone know what a CTRs LOP is one click out? I am not home or I'd measure myself. :D

yfz
05-26-13, 20:34
Thanks Mark.

Anyone know what a CTRs LOP is one click out? I am not home or I'd measure myself. :D

From trigger to furthest point on CTR stock.

About 10 1/2 inches full collapsed.
About 11 1/4 inches one click.
About 12 inches two clicks out.

It is a hair under 3/4 an inch per click on top of 10 1/2 inches.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: This is a BCM 6 position

jaxman7
05-27-13, 00:01
Dammit. I do and don't want to try one! I'm afraid I will like it and want to switch!:shout:

Yeah same here! I keep telling myself not to buy one b/c it may not fit in my soft case without having the ability to fully collapse the stock. It will. That's just my smart money saving side of the brain telling me that. :)

-Jax

markm
05-27-13, 10:01
If you're not running this stock, you might as well turn gay and join Hussein in destroying the country. :p

jpmuscle
05-27-13, 12:02
If you're not running this stock, you might as well turn gay and join Hussein in destroying the country. :p

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

I couldn't resist :D

JonnyVain
05-27-13, 21:44
To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the point of this stock. For those of us not in AWB states, why not just use the collapsible MOE stock over this?

BrigandTwoFour
05-27-13, 22:07
To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the point of this stock. For those of us not in AWB states, why not just use the collapsible MOE stock over this?

The same advantages of any fixed stock over collapsing. Consistent cheek weld, solid lockup with no wobbling, and durability. While one could easily say just go pick one of the entry length stocks, this one has the advantage of fitting on the standard collapsable carbine extension, thus allowing more versatility.

markm
05-27-13, 22:39

Say someone is smart enough to know to run the A5, and yet still needs/wants to run a fixed stock. :eek:

armakraut
05-31-13, 04:40
Will this fit on a .308 LMT MWS?

samuse
05-31-13, 06:57

Because this is new and possibly trendy. And Magpul makes it in FDE.

caporider
05-31-13, 07:01

It will if you use an AR15 carbine receiver extension and one of Slash's heavy buffers or similar (shorter than standard AR308 carbine buffer).

markm
05-31-13, 08:02

Hmmm... I don't know. I used to have a take of RE that I could check, but not any more. I'd guess it would. The stock will accomodate a pretty long RE. My black one from DSGarms is showing up today.... I could measure the inside if you want to compare that to the MWS RE length.

Because this is new and possibly trendy. And Magpul makes it in FDE.

Come on. You've been around this long and you're posting this ARFcom level of crap? :rolleyes:

There are Ban states where guys CAN NOT have an adjustable stock. This stock beats the hell out of an A1 or A2 stock for a carbine.

samuse
05-31-13, 08:54
Come on. You've been around this long and you're posting this ARFcom level of crap? :rolleyes:

There are Ban states where guys CAN NOT have an adjustable stock. This stock beats the hell out of an A1 or A2 stock for a carbine.

You got trolled!:lol:

Hope it wasn't too early in the a.m.:D

markm
05-31-13, 08:58
You got trolled!:lol:

Hope it wasn't too early in the a.m.:D

Yeah it was too early. Too early to drop an FDE turd in my cereal. :p

Stickman
05-31-13, 18:49

There has been a bunch of it lately.

I finally got mine, it is certainly solid.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3717/8906603106_30f0f4bff7_o.jpg

usmcvet
05-31-13, 22:13
The same advantages of any fixed stock over collapsing. Consistent cheek weld, solid lockup with no wobbling, and durability. While one could easily say just go pick one of the entry length stocks, this one has the advantage of fitting on the standard collapsable carbine extension, thus allowing more versatility.

This one is cheaper too. Is it lighter?

markm
05-31-13, 22:37
This one is cheaper too. Is it lighter?

It's much lighter than a SOPMOD with some batteries... but I really don't scale stuff... that's rob_s faggot stuff.

It balances well on my set up.

Vgex2
05-31-13, 22:39
Just got mine in from DSG today. Grabbed the first mag I saw and put it with a 14.5" upper. Sorry for the ban configuration. Just what I had on hand when I threw it together.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt230/Vgex/P1070090_zps30084159.jpg

markm
05-31-13, 22:44
Just got mine in from DSG today.

Me too. What do you think?

Vgex2
05-31-13, 22:58
Me too. What do you think?

Solid. Super easy to install. This is definitely a win.

Stickman
05-31-13, 23:18
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2865/8908302043_ec322085ba_o.jpg

JonnyVain
05-31-13, 23:52
Wish DSG would offer a package with buffer and tuble like they do with MOE adjustable.

usmcvet
06-01-13, 19:28
It's much lighter than a SOPMOD with some batteries... but I really don't scale stuff... that's rob_s faggot stuff.

It balances well on my set up.

I run CTR's and a few MOE's

The only time I adjust my stocks is when I max them out to fit in the gun safe.

Cheaper, lighter and solid. Sounds good to me.

s30
06-01-13, 20:01
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/Volks07/20130601_172710.jpg

I got mine today, fit is great and pretty solid.

holeshot
06-01-13, 20:25
Sigh, ban-state configuration. Very nice stock as others posted it is rock solid.

Might be a tad too short for me but I am going to give it a go.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/ss69ss/IMG_20130601_152233_048_zps9cdae778.jpg

Just slipped on in this photo to show with ASAP

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/ss69ss/IMG_20130531_173615_868_zpscf9789c2.jpg

scooter22
06-01-13, 22:04
deleted

markm
06-02-13, 13:33
Might be a tad too short for me but I am going to give it a go.

You can buy PRS buttpads and lengthen it a decent amount.

To counteract the hipster, corporate guns in STICKMAN's pics...

:D

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/magpul1_zps4cc14ebd.jpg

Amur
06-02-13, 13:46
Nice pic markm. Looks good on that rifle. I assume Stick is wearing skinny jeans while shooting his ;) :jester:

skullworks
06-02-13, 14:18
I forget, is it Stick or markm who wears the mankini at the range?

Tapatapatapatalk

Stickman
06-02-13, 15:00

I see how it is now.... :laugh:

Amur
06-02-13, 15:54
On PWS MK114 with extended butt plate (which is a must for my long arms)

http://i43.tinypic.com/33dw9rs.jpg

Stickman
06-02-13, 17:04

Markm, I know you asked me not to show any pictures of your favorite carbine setup, but I now feel compelled to.... ;)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/8929583968_f3f4f6db35_o.jpg

usmcvet
06-02-13, 17:33

I like it!

Markm, I know you asked me not to show any pictures of your favorite carbine setup, but I now feel compelled to.... ;)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/8929583968_f3f4f6db35_o.jpg

:jester:

holeshot
06-02-13, 22:04
[QUOTE=markm;1661198]You can buy PRS buttpads and lengthen it a decent amount.

QUOTE]

You must have ESPN Mark. I put in an order last night for another fixed carbine stock and two PRS extended buttpads.

BTW I like that carbine pic. Simple & functional, very nice.

DreadPirateMoyer
06-03-13, 00:26

Anyone know how to tell if an A5 receiver extension is built like the original or has one of these longer rails? I bought a tube approximately 1-2 months ago for an upcoming build, but now I'm worried that it won't fit the fixed stock when the stock arrives.

usmcvet
06-03-13, 07:54

How well does the paracord hold up?

scooter22
06-03-13, 08:11

Hipster, corporate? Isn't that an oxymoron?

markm
06-03-13, 08:12

Take of the Eothang, And I LIKE IT!

How well does the paracord hold up?

Great. Never had a problem.

armakraut
06-03-13, 08:21
M16A2 commando with a magpul stock and grip.

Very ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzYHHl24iDo

markm
06-03-13, 08:24
Very ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzYHHl24iDo

OH GOD! :mad:

I thought I was fixin to see an M16 video.... That was worse than the two guitar fags in the geico commercial. :bad:

DM-SC
06-03-13, 09:29
OH GOD! :mad:

I thought I was fixin to see an M16 video.... That was worse than the two guitar fags in the geico commercial. :bad:

:lol:

30 cal slut
06-06-13, 18:46
So I was farting around this evening with an S&W M&P 10 (.308/7.62).

I didn't notice that the carbine receiver extension for this blaster is a smidge longer than a milspec 5.56 carbine receiver extension...until I tried plopping the stock on.

So the Standard End Cap did not work, but the ASAP-Compatible End Cap, did, sorta. The castle nut is exposed, as well as some of the receiver extension threads .

:confused:

Blaster is flipped upside down.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/8C242F05-FAF4-45D9-91A6-FFB5DE119E33-10834-0000053138D6D994_zps0dc8f13e.jpg

^Rb
06-06-13, 19:27
Probably going to get flamed for asking this...

But can any of the Magpul folks chime in and let me know when the 'commercial' spec version of this is going to be available?

Reason: It's going on my FN TPS which has a commercial tube ... and I won't be changing it.

Rockhopper
06-07-13, 21:13
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/Volks07/20130601_172710.jpg

I got mine today, fit is great and pretty solid.classy :dirol:

JonnyVain
06-08-13, 13:23
So I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these, but I need to decide what buffer assembly to get. I currently have an A1 rifle setup and really like the way it shoots, but I want a shorter stock.

Damage Industries has an H6 carbine kit.
http://damageusa.com/product/h6-buffer-upgrade-kit

Would this be a good choice? I have a mid gas system. Or should I go with the Spikes ST-T2 system?

H6 is 5oz
ST-T2 is 4.3oz

usmcvet
06-08-13, 22:21
So I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these, but I need to decide what buffer assembly to get. I currently have an A1 rifle setup and really like the way it shoots, but I want a shorter stock.

Would this be a good choice? I have a mid gas system. Or should I go with the Spikes ST-T2 system?

H6 is 5oz
ST-T2 is 4.3oz

I don't think you'll have many folks suggesting Spikes here.

Stickman
06-09-13, 00:45
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2892/8931661363_32ba161606_o.jpg

Stickman
06-09-13, 00:46
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5332/8948766396_a65e25879b_o.jpg

snakedoctor
06-09-13, 12:29
I get that Magpul already has the PRS and MOE Rifle stock, but I really like the look of the MOE Fixed Carbine better. I also like the fact that it's compatible with the ASAP as well. I hope Magpul makes a MOE Fixed Rifle vesion of this stock. My 3Gun Rifle is begging for a rifle length version.

Clint
06-09-13, 13:56

H6 is 5oz
ST-T2 is 4.3oz

Forget the ST.

The H6 is probably good, but it seems to be permanently out of stock.

The A5 system is the best.

IMO, no reason to build a lower with anything else.

JonnyVain
06-10-13, 06:03
Forget the ST.

The H6 is probably good, but it seems to be permanently out of stock.

The A5 system is the best.

IMO, no reason to build a lower with anything else.

Crap, I didn't realize the H6 was out of stock at Damage.

Where can I find the A5? BCM is out. Vltor only sells with stock it seems.

samuse
06-10-13, 07:59
Crap, I didn't realize the H6 was out of stock at Damage.

Where can I find the A5? BCM is out. Vltor only sells with stock it seems.

Damage told me that they will only sell the H6 to LE/mil guys. So screw them.

The A5 is out of stock, has been all year, and likely will be for the next six months.

So screw that.

Suggestion: Carbine RE and spring with an H or H2 buffer.

SPQR476
06-10-13, 11:04
Should see them in a few days.

Probably going to get flamed for asking this...

But can any of the Magpul folks chime in and let me know when the 'commercial' spec version of this is going to be available?

Reason: It's going on my FN TPS which has a commercial tube ... and I won't be changing it.

SPQR476
06-10-13, 11:15
So I was farting around this evening with an S&W M&P 10 (.308/7.62).

I didn't notice that the carbine receiver extension for this blaster is a smidge longer than a milspec 5.56 carbine receiver extension...until I tried plopping the stock on.

So the Standard End Cap did not work, but the ASAP-Compatible End Cap, did, sorta. The castle nut is exposed, as well as some of the receiver extension threads .

:confused:

Blaster is flipped upside down.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/8C242F05-FAF4-45D9-91A6-FFB5DE119E33-10834-0000053138D6D994_zps0dc8f13e.jpg

Smith and Wesson has two extra threads that stand proud more than a standard A5 tube. Their tube is A5-ish length, but on an A5, five threads are turned down to tube diameter. On the S&W tube, only 3 threads are turned down. The last 2 threads keep the regular, non-ASAP tube from sliding on, as there is an internal ridge that engages the threads. If you trim the rib to slide over the threads it will fit just fine. It's like 10 seconds with a round file. Also, if you put on the cap and the butstock and then buttstroke the deck, it will pop over the threads and fit, but a little judicious trimming is slightly more sophisticated (and easier to remove).

Mr.Anderson
06-10-13, 11:21
I don't think you'll have many folks suggesting Spikes here.

I keep seeing this about those guys but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning why...

If you have the time could you PM me the info so as we don't get off in left field in this thread.

I'm curious because I have eyeballed a few things to buy from them, so, I have a financial interest one could say, for the SITREP request.

Thank Ya

30 cal slut
Smith and Wesson has two extra threads that stand proud more than a standard A5 tube. Their tube is A5-ish length, but on an A5, five threads are turned down to tube diameter. On the S&W tube, only 3 threads are turned down. The last 2 threads keep the regular, non-ASAP tube from sliding on, as there is an internal ridge that engages the threads. If you trim the rib to slide over the threads it will fit just fine. It's like 10 seconds with a round file. Also, if you put on the cap and the butstock and then buttstroke the deck, it will pop over the threads and fit, but a little judicious trimming is slightly more sophisticated (and easier to remove).

Duane, thanks.

I figured trimming back a little plastic would solve the problem but wanted to check with you guys before proceeding.

Much obliged!

armakraut
Duane, do you know if the fixed carbine stock will fit an LMT .308 MWS rifle?

Amur
06-10-13, 12:39
One more question for you guys. Any plans for other fixed carbine stocks? Maybe like an STR version with storage/different cheek weld?

You guys rock. I like this thing. Also very glad it works with the PRS extended butt pad. Nice work!

JonnyVain
06-10-13, 14:42
One more question for you guys. Any plans for other fixed carbine stocks? Maybe like an STR version with storage/different cheek weld?

You guys rock. I like this thing. Also very glad it works with the PRS extended butt pad. Nice work!

This probably won't get answered.

SPQR476
06-10-13, 14:51
Duane, do you know if the fixed carbine stock will fit an LMT .308 MWS rifle?

Yes. No issues with the MWS.

SPQR476
06-10-13, 14:56

Well, I have to give the standard, "The first rule about products in concept phase is that we don't talk about products that may or may not be in concept phase." We look at a lot of factors, and we have a lot of criteria to decide where we go in new products.

Have we thought about it? Sure.

Will anything like that get made? Remains to be seen.

LOTS of new stuff coming, though. Gonna drop something next week that might be surprising. :dirol:

Stickman
06-10-13, 15:19
LOTS of new stuff coming, though. Gonna drop something next week that might be surprising. :dirol:

I hope it is what I think it is.

SPQR476
06-10-13, 15:56
Should have one in the mail to you very soon.

JonnyVain
06-10-13, 17:24
You guys get a lot of hate about the way you release stuff, but really you're marketing geniuses. A little whisper of something new. A picture from stick, guessing at release dates...

I already can't wait for the next release and I have no idea what it is and probably won't need it or buy it.

Waiting for K2 though. That I'm getting.

Clint
06-10-13, 19:13
You guys get a lot of hate about the way you release stuff, but really you're marketing geniuses. A little whisper of something new. A picture from stick, guessing at release dates...

I already can't wait for the next release and I have no idea what it is and probably won't need it or buy it.

Waiting for K2 though. That I'm getting.

Make that a K2+, like the MOE+ with reduced grip angle.

JonnyVain
06-10-13, 19:24
Make that a K2+, like the MOE+ with reduced grip angle.

That's what I was gonna say but didn't want to get greedy.

JonnyVain
06-14-13, 23:20
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7302/9045349611_4a562f91f1_z.jpg

MUCH lighter than a my A1 stock. Very noticeably shorter. Enhanced buttpad could add some length and get it in between.

I thought the hole in the back was for a qd mount, but it isn't.

armakraut
06-15-13, 11:06
It isn't a QD slot?

MarkG
06-15-13, 11:11
I thought the hole in the back was for a qd mount, but it isn't.

I believe it is but you will need this kit:

Sling Mount Kit (http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG333/187)

Slippers
06-15-13, 11:54
That's...kind of annoying. Wish I didn't have to purchase something else to use it with QD sling loops.

markm
06-15-13, 15:34
That's...kind of annoying. Wish I didn't have to purchase something else to use it with QD sling loops.

I'd take it as an opportunity to get rid of that crappy attachment system. I don't trust QD attachments for shit. They'll burn you sooner or later.

Slippers
06-15-13, 15:49
I'd take it as an opportunity to get rid of that crappy attachment system. I don't trust QD attachments for shit. They'll burn you sooner or later.

I just knew you were going to chime in on this. :)

BBossman
06-22-13, 07:45

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/magpul1_zps4fd5b761.jpg

Definitely takes the "Q" out of QD...

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq169/bbossman1/36f20862-7cf9-4d75-b8b0-032ff7025c47_zpsd731da38.jpg