PDA

View Full Version : Firearms industry lawsuits

Littlelebowski
05-24-13, 07:10
Anyone here know what happened with ARMS and Larue? Does anyone still use ARMS products?

What about RobArms and Magpul?

VooDoo6Actual
05-24-13, 15:24
I know but cannot comment.

They are ALL central to Copyright / Patent / proprietary infringements & old news.

a0cake
05-24-13, 15:39
I can't imagine what's secret about this. Court documents for this kind of thing are generally in the public record and it appears both cases are out of litigation. Here's a complete list of dockets for RMDI v. Remington Arms Company, Bushmaster Firearms, Rock River Arms and Magpul Industries. http://dockets.justia.com/docket/utah/utdce/2:2010cv00029/73550/

Here's the Conclusion and result of the case, rendered 18 Jan 2012:

IV. CONCLUSION
It is therefore ORDERED that Defendants’ Motions for Summary Judgment (Docket Nos. 98, 100, 107, and 165) are GRANTED. It is further
ORDERED that Plaintiffs’ Cross Motion for Summary Judgment (Docket No. 139) is DENIED.
The Clerk of the Court is directed to enter judgment in favor of Defendants and against Plaintiffs on the validity of claims 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 18, 24, and 25 of the ‘900 Patent, and close this case forthwith.

Edit. Deleted the second half of the post. Read Larue as Troy for some reason and posted that press release.

SteyrAUG
05-24-13, 16:10
Does anyone still use ARMS products?

I still have some ARMS HK mounts.

C4IGrant
05-24-13, 16:14
Anyone here know what happened with ARMS and Larue? Does anyone still use ARMS products?

What about RobArms and Magpul?

There are lots of rumors on the street. Last I heard, LT had lost and was just dragging it out in court as long as they could to avoid paying royalties.

I cannot validate any of the above, but this is the rumor.

C4

Army Chief
05-24-13, 19:41
I can't imagine what's secret about this.

Need to ask you to rein this in a bit. I understand that you might not be able to fully grasp what it is about VD6A's role in this case that requires a measure of continued discretion or confidence-keeping based upon the information available; however, he has explained the matter satisfactorily to the staff, and it would probably be best if we just let the matter die a quick death. Others are obviously free to add the details that they might have, but I just don't want what has already been written to emerge as a friction point.

Thanks,
AC

ClearedHot
05-24-13, 23:15
Wasn't Vltor suing Magpul over an alleged copyright infringement for the ACS stock and the battery storage compartment?

Was that case ever settled or is still ongoing?

MountainRaven
05-25-13, 00:36
Wasn't Vltor suing Magpul over an alleged copyright infringement for the ACS stock and the battery storage compartment?

Was that case ever settled or is still ongoing?

As I recall, that case has been settled.