PDA

View Full Version : Whoopsie..

mikelowrey
05-25-13, 01:19
Looks like POTUS wasn't in the mood for a salute that day or maybe he has been a little bit stressed out about everything that is going on. :rolleyes:

Obama forgets salute. (http://youtu.be/Np7lObaDiBk)

Endur
05-25-13, 02:42
Check the comment from FreedomFighter2112; he called him a "true leader" :sarcastic:

Iraqgunz
05-25-13, 03:14
Well I guess it's newsworthy.... At least he had enough respect to go back and shake the Marines' hand.

Moose-Knuckle
05-25-13, 04:00
I once met a former Marine Two Crew Chief who served during VP Al Gore's reign . . . man that guy had some stories. :fie:

Endur
05-25-13, 04:16
I once met a former Marine Two Crew Chief who served during VP Al Gore's reign . . . man that guy had some stories. :fie:

Well shit now you have to tell them..:secret:

jpmuscle
05-25-13, 04:22
Well shit now you have to tell them..:secret:

I was thinking the same thing lol

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-25-13, 08:47
When he went back, I was thinking he was going to render a salute to fix the issue but a "hand shake" WTF was that? Slap in the face to all, granted he has a lot on his mind trying to destroy the country and all.

7.62WildBill
05-25-13, 08:51

My uncle's buddy from 'Nam (they flew choppers) went on to pilot Marine One for Nixon. That guy has stories!

mikelowrey
05-25-13, 10:58
I noticed some of the comments (posted on youtube) and people seem to defend him but to be honest, he has been doing the same thing for almost 5 years, every time
He goes into the helo he is supposed to salute, so all of the sudden he forgets? Hmmm...

By the way he travels it looks like he should be doing it a couple of times a day (for 4 years) but like IG said, he realized and showed respect to him.

steyrman13
05-25-13, 11:06
If you noticed he did pass the Marine up, but as he is stepping in he salutes real quick to the pilots. Then realizes and walks back out to shake the Marines hand

mikelowrey
05-25-13, 11:13
If you noticed he did pass the Marine up, but as he is stepping in he salutes real quick to the pilots. Then realizes and walks back out to shake the Marines hand

Right, is he supposed to salute the pilots? That's what I thought he did.

steyrman13
05-25-13, 11:56
Right, is he supposed to salute the pilots? That's what I thought he did.

I don't really know?! I mean they are officers in he military...but he is def supposed to salute the Marine outside

Frailer
05-25-13, 16:12
FWIW, the president isn't required to salute, nor is any member of the military required to do so while in civilian clothes.

It's entirely optional in both cases.