PDA

View Full Version : Guns don't kill people

Koshinn
05-25-13, 13:49
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20110819/NEWS/108190304/TACPs-recall-13-hour-battle-saved-dozens

Close air support and indirect fire does.

2 years ago today.

C-grunt
05-25-13, 13:57
A good friend of mine is a TACP with that unit and was over there around that time. I'll have to ask him what's up.

SeriousStudent
05-25-13, 23:34
Wow, outstanding work by those Airmen! I'm delighted to read that no friendlies lost their lives.

Thanks for posting the link, Koshinn. I'm passing that onto a buddy who's former Air Force.

chuckman
05-26-13, 08:10
The first time I ran into a CCT and watched him do his stuff was...amazing. He reminded me of an orchestra conductor, controlling all of the aircraft. As I am not educated in the AF I do not know the difference between CCT and TACP.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-26-13, 08:53
The first time I ran into a CCT and watched him do his stuff was...amazing. He reminded me of an orchestra conductor, controlling all of the aircraft. As I am not educated in the AF I do not know the difference between CCT and TACP.

Yes they have some amazing training and they save lots of lives. The first one I met was in a castle in Qalat Afghanistan. He was attached to some SF from the UAE and he just needed another American face to vent to and I obliged. He was very uneasy to say the least about the company he was keeping, the story he told me was nothing short of amazing none of them were dead, I felt truly sorry for him to be attached to them.

Koshinn
05-26-13, 10:56

A CCT is a certified air traffic controller and a seal combined into one person. It's kind of ridiculous.

C-grunt
05-26-13, 11:42
Edit....

jpmuscle
05-27-13, 01:05
A CCT is a certified air traffic controller and a seal combined into one person. It's kind of ridiculous.

It's kind of awesome too. At least to use mere mortals lol :D

Endur
05-27-13, 23:15
Outstanding. :big_boss: